news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 04-03-2008, 12:53 AM   #16
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

yea...i saw him on a talk show and they showed a clip from his soap opera days...damn, you'd never see acne on an actor today. i mean damn, at least pop the white heads
Old 04-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #17
Guarded By Martyrs
There R No Strings On Me

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
wanna see it?

i'll post a link in my bootleg cinema thread.
i just finished it today, thought it was awesome. kinda "usual suspects" meets "the game" meets "oceans 11"

the folks who hated it don't like movies that make you think. which is fine. to each his own.
Yeah thats pretty much how I saw it too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
ray liotta is Henry Hill in every movie i watch him in. That tells me he doesnt have much range as an actor.
Range ?
Not the best in this area but he is a very good actor indeed.
His intensity more than makes up for it...I think.

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #18
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

Guy Ritchie clearly believed this film was gonna be his masterpiece. Thinks it's really clever and worthy and... isn't. You can't set out to make a genius masterpiece, it just works out that way.

Dunno about Ray Liotta. I like him, but if I'm honest he's not a great actor. That's why he's followed the epic Goodfellas with a career of crap. Still, compared to Jason Statham he's a fuckin acting genius.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 04-05-2008 at 12:42 PM.
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #19
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Ray Liotta is a good actor and he's versatile. He doesn't always play the same crazy characters that people think he does. He played a very nice guy in Corrina Corrina movie with Whoopi Goldberg. He had a daughter in the movie and Whoopi babysitted his daughter while he worked because he was a single parent. He also played a good guy in Easy Money movie with Kim Basinger. His character was married to Kim and Kim had a gambling problem that he didn't know about. Revolver is probably his worst movie to me. He doesn't really play in a lot of shitty films. His character in Unlawful Entry movie with Kurt Russell and Madeleine Stowe was crazy. He was a crooked cop in that who was in love with Madeleine even though she was married to Kurt.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #20
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

Come on, his acting in Unlawful Entry was subtlety free crazy guy 101. It doesn't take a genius to play the cliched psycho.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
Old 04-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #21
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Whatever. He's a good actor to me.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #22
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

I'm not saying he's not a pretty good actor, he's just not a great one. He was never gonna have a major film career.

Having said that Statham seems to be doing pretty well and he really is the same in every film he does.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:11 PM   #23
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Thats what i'm saying. He is more of a guy that gets type-casted than someone who is going to win a role.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #24
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Good movie.

This is for people who enjoy stories with meaning. There is a lot of suggestion and hints in it.

It is a deep movie, about the ego, and revenge and other things. I have to see it more than once though to grasp all of it. I knew early on who those two extortionist characters were and I think I also know who Mr. Gold is (!)

Great use of chess and quotes.

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote