news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 03-19-2008, 10:29 PM   #16
Surreptitious
Above the Clouds

Surreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal son

I dont understand any of this, Rza has brought us this fresh new element of production and I'm completely content with it... its only gonna continue to get better as it always does
Old 03-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #17
King Lizard
REPTILIAN

King Lizard shaolin monk

I gave my opinions and that was it. I've read all kinds of negative shit about his music, yet you bother to say MY opinions are not well thought out. There are alot of opinions that are not well thought out so we can leave that bullshit alone. I asked people what do they think the problem is. If you don't think The RZA has a problem, then don't answer the mothafucking thread. Simple as that!
King Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #18
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:40 PM   #19
King Lizard
REPTILIAN

King Lizard shaolin monk

Ya'll are coming at me with this bullshit like I made all those negative comments. If you like The RZA so much, then you would not be attacking me. Ya'll need to pay attention to what the fuck I said and grow the fuck up! I said other people have made these comments. You don't want to go after them, but you want to sit here and talk that gay shit with me. I like his shit, I'm just looking for answers to why people think his music is not the same, I didn't ask for all these gay ass responses! Just give me an opinion as to why you think his music "may" have fallen of and that's all I want!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #20
King Lizard
REPTILIAN

King Lizard shaolin monk

Ain't no bitch over here so you keep the tissue!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:47 PM   #21
King Lizard
REPTILIAN

King Lizard shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreptitious View Post
I dont understand any of this, Rza has brought us this fresh new element of production and I'm completely content with it... its only gonna continue to get better as it always does
I want to believe you, but you know how this business works, there is always room for change and things will change as time goes on. I'm pretty sure RZA will be around for a long time though.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #22
Surreptitious
Above the Clouds

Surreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lizard View Post
I gave my opinions and that was it. I've read all kinds of negative shit about his music, yet you bother to say MY opinions are not well thought out. There are alot of opinions that are not well thought out so we can leave that bullshit alone. I asked people what do they think the problem is. If you don't think The RZA has a problem, then don't answer the mothafucking thread. Simple as that!
are you serious? quit whining that the responses in your thread arent exactly what you wanted, get over it
Old 03-19-2008, 11:11 PM   #23
Dwyck
marXmen - DJ Elite

Dwyck crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to Dwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lizard View Post
I understand what you are saying, but when you have Wu members making alleged comments about his beats of choice,and this is the first time I heard a Wu member spak like that, wouldn't that suggest a change? I'm not bad-mouthing The RZA, all I'm saying is that fromsome of the responses about his recent work (8 Diagrams) note: I haven't heard it, so I can't comment. I'm only replying in regards to some of the people's comments about his music selection.
Well I Would Recommend Picking Up A Copy... But Make Sure To Listen For Yourself And Not From The Opinions Of This Ignorant Forum... I Agree It Was Missing Some Ingredients... Mainly ODB... But It Was Also A Fresh Approach... The Turmoil Spoiled The Rest Of The Project... There Was A Lack Of Unity IMO...
Dwyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:03 AM   #24
Ya_Bane
I'm The Master MingLuKhan

Ya_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
the reason is because he is constantly challenging himself creatively and when you're trying to reinvent yourself all the time its gonna affect quality control.
Well said, and true
Old 03-20-2008, 03:51 AM   #25
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i dig his new stuff.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:44 AM   #26
Gitche Manito
Le Maître de la Vie

Gitche Manito crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
the reason is because he is constantly challenging himself creatively and when you're trying to reinvent yourself all the time its gonna affect quality control.
You're right. RZA is like some kind of musical equilibrist.

But hasn't he always been like that?

The question would be, and this must be documented, how much time did he put into projects that are viewed as classics.
Comme les ombres de la nuit.
Gitche Manito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:54 AM   #27
6² Chambaz
But The Stove Was Off...

6² Chambaz prodigal son6² Chambaz prodigal son6² Chambaz prodigal son6² Chambaz prodigal son6² Chambaz prodigal son6² Chambaz prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
who cares he's a vet he's paid his dues niggas need 2 get off his dick
Co-Sign. Whenever I have a fit of "RZA didn't really do a good job on 8 Diagrams"-arrhea, just bump some Liquid swords or Ironman, that shit IMMORTAL
Old 03-20-2008, 09:45 AM   #28
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
You're right. RZA is like some kind of musical equilibrist.

But hasn't he always been like that?

The question would be, and this must be documented, how much time did he put into projects that are viewed as classics.
between 36 chambers and ironman, hardly. he stuck to a traditional hiphop sound. boom bap drums, samples, and breakbeats. he was just better than everyone else at it by miles.

forever was his first real stab at going a totally different musical direction from a traditional hiphop format. sometimes he makes good shit and sometimes he doesnt.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #29
King Lizard
REPTILIAN

King Lizard shaolin monk

I expected those types of comments to come at me simply because of the kind of fucked up society that we live in (I'm speaking to only one person now, so don't anyone else respond to this. You know who you are!) To the others, I agree with some of you, RZA has the right to experiment with his music. I also agree that he will have critics. As a beatmaker myself, I will be subjected to sometimes harsh criticism with my work. Hell, we ALL have been subjected to this shit. It is a part of life. Do anyone remember when he (RZA) first came out? Who would have thought that he would be what he was today? It probably can happen to anybody, kind of like Carlos Santana, with the Supernatural thing. Who would have guessed he would have taken home so many different awards that night. RZA is having his ups and downs, I just want to see more ups with his beats, that's all!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #30
SWAMP WATER
Veteran Member

SWAMP WATER shaolin monk

Its cool to experiment,but RZA shouldnt worry about sales if hes experimenting.The buisness side,paying bills side iz what he shouldnt forget.WUTANG FOREVER was the perfect combination of both worlds.
SWAMP WATER is offline   Reply With Quote