news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: 9th Prince - Prince of New York
Classic 8 17.39%
Superior 9 19.57%
Banger 23 50.00%
Average 5 10.87%
Mediocore 1 2.17%
Wack 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2008, 02:31 PM   #16
anti-social
Veteran Member

anti-social iron monkeyanti-social iron monkeyanti-social iron monkeyanti-social iron monkey

alexander the great is Monster...he just goes by MONSTER now..

peace
anti-social is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #17
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

Is he producing on the new 9th solo?
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:55 PM   #18
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This Was Dope But The Mixtape He Put Out Was Better

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:32 PM   #19
NoSaidDate420
ADEPT

NoSaidDate420 iron monkeyNoSaidDate420 iron monkeyNoSaidDate420 iron monkey

i bought this about a week and a half ago at newbury comics in boston. since then it has rarely left the cd player in my truck shit is sick as fuck...

although i would say it took time to grow on me, certain tracks that is...i can definitly feel a few of the weak spots that hollow dartz mentioned such as the track with kinetic/b9 which you described as "beat sounds like a bunch of noise" - i definitly agree with that but what nobody mentioned is that is a recycled verse from somethin off digital bullet from b9.

so there's only recycled verses from the members of killarmy, but this album still bangs, and i understand it's only a street album, which makes me really excited for his next joint he puts out when he gets released.

banned from the radio i can play on repeat for a long time, same with not promised tomorrow. i dont have time to write a full review but i really wanted to weigh in on this album since i've spent so much time listening to it lately.

i rated it superior.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:40 PM   #20
anti-social
Veteran Member

anti-social iron monkeyanti-social iron monkeyanti-social iron monkeyanti-social iron monkey
Default Review the DELUXE EDITION...

anyone who copped the DELUXE EDITION...got any opinions or reviews?
anti-social is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #21
portis24
NFL MVP

portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

people who loved the og version are gonna love this on because all the bonus tracks are bangers i mean we write the songs might take a little getting used to because he sings the hook but everything else is good especially the killarmy features and 4th d produced tracks
portis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #22
Afficial_Nastee
Non Ignorants

Afficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal son

This def has got some bangers on it, one of the best cd's of this year in my opinion mainly cuz of the production and the energy 9th Prince spits with....
It has got some weaker tracks, such as Ain't promised , Never front and bottomline, put tracks like Writer , Prince Of New York and especially Vandalism are straight up bangas....
Afficial_Nastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #23
portis24
NFL MVP

portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^imo there isn't any weak tracks on it and aint promised is one of my favoritesbut the cd is def a banger
portis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #24
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

the deluxe version is a banger, the mastering sounds pretty ill in a system, that bonus track "like like" is flames along with "we write the songs", my copy didint have "banned on the radio" but imma check again. overall best wu release so far imo.

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive

Last edited by GRANDMASSIVE.; 12-16-2008 at 02:18 PM.
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #25
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTIS69 View Post
the deluxe version is a banger, the mastering sounds pretty ill in a system, that bonus track "like like" is flames along with "we write the songs", my copy didint have "banned on the radio" but imma check again. overall best wu release so far imo.
banned on radio was taken off because of the beatles sample clearence

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:31 PM   #26
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah it's Impossible to sample them niggaz.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:54 PM   #27
kwabena1041
Veteran Member

kwabena1041 crouching tigerkwabena1041 crouching tiger

I fucking love this album, best WU release in a loong freaking time. Better than Pro Tools, 8D, and anything the fuck else

kwabena1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:56 PM   #28
racist randy
Banned

The bonus tracks were 50/50. Half were good and half were bad (see "We Write Songs").
Old 12-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #29
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

"hood life' is bannanas, album keeps getting better everytime i hear it

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #30
racist randy
Banned

These Bonus cuts are kind of bad.