news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 03-26-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default techno/jungle music + rappers = ....

does anyone have an answer to that for me? does it have an actual name? is it a real genre? or is it just rappers rapping over techno?

i kinda asked in that trip hop thread, but i think its better to just make a new thread about it.

i mentioned the blade 2 soundtrack as a perfect example. heres a link to it on amazon... http://www.amazon.com/Blade-II-Vario...6569163&sr=1-1 just listen to the music sampler if you havent heard it or want to get more of an idea of what im talking about.

some of dizze rascals stuff could kinda fit into what im talking about. he definatly raps over some none traditional beats in the vien im trying to pin down.

i really dig shit like that. i was wondering if there are people who do music exlusivly like that, i would definatly be interest in hearing it.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i just listened to that blade 2 soundtrack for the first time in years. i will say its definatly not as good as i remember. there are some good songs on there, but also some pretty shitty ones.

anyways doesnt change my point/question. thumping jungle beats and rappers....whats the deal?
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #3

2788 shaolin monk

Garage/Grime?
2788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
crust
[S.F.T.D.]

crust drunken mastacrust drunken mastacrust drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to crust

check out dj jayvon and mc.xyz

www.myspace.com/crustfacekillah
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
i just listened to that blade 2 soundtrack for the first time in years. i will say its definatly not as good as i remember. there are some good songs on there, but also some pretty shitty ones.

anyways doesnt change my point/question. thumping jungle beats and rappers....whats the deal?
yeah same here i thought the blade trinity soundtrack was good but coulda have been better

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:44 AM   #6
HarlemDiplomat
ADEPT

HarlemDiplomat grasshopper

I think Techno + Rap = gay
HarlemDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:56 AM   #7
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i dig I Against I by Mos Def.

thats about it.

im not a big fan of Dizze Rascal over drum and bass beats.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:37 AM   #8
whitey
Wu Vatican

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemDiplomat View Post
I think Techno + Rap = gay

I think Harlem + Diplomat = gay

Old 03-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #9
HarlemDiplomat
ADEPT

HarlemDiplomat grasshopper

Quote:
I think Harlem + Diplomat = gay
You have a good imagination...
HarlemDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #10
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

that Mos Def track is really ill..never heard it before today.

UNRELATED BUT, BEWARE:
https://soundcloud.com/frieza-saga
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #11
whitey
Wu Vatican

i really wish i could find this krs1 track with him over a dope jungle beat. if anyone knows what im talking about post it so people can get a feel for what im talking about.

theres a dope method man song remix with a techno beat too. "i came to bring the pain hard core from the brain". anyone got that post it up for the peoples.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #12
IRAN
Terrorist

IRAN grasshopper

Quote:
i really wish i could find this krs1 track with him over a dope jungle beat. if anyone knows what im talking about post it so people can get a feel for what im talking about.

theres a dope method man song remix with a techno beat too. "i came to bring the pain hard core from the brain". anyone got that post it up for the peoples.
The track is called " Digital " Its by Goldie and KRS1. Quality tune.

The Method track is " Ghetto Celebrity " Its on the Roni Size album " In the mode " That album is ace.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #13
whitey
Wu Vatican

^ thanks bro.

check those songs out if you want an idea of what im talking about.

another one is by prodigy (techno guys, not mobb deep dude) and kool keith...song called "desiel power". dope track.

Last edited by whitey; 03-30-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:39 AM   #14
IRAN
Terrorist

IRAN grasshopper

Quote:
^ thanks bro.

check those songs out if you want an idea of what im talking about.

another one is by prodigy (techno guys, not mobb deep dude) and kool keith...song called "desiel power". dope track.
Deisel Power is a quality tune 2!!