news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 03-27-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
Prototype
Hell Yeah Motherfucker!

Prototype shaolin monk
Default I am Legend Alternative Ending.

For those of you who didn't like how it originally ended.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/...is-is-amazing/
Prototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

King Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venoms

I didn't like this version, didn't go with the whole "legend" theme. There's a reason they opted to go with the other ending.

King Tron 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
Prototype
Hell Yeah Motherfucker!

Prototype shaolin monk

I can't decide. I still like the books ending the best.
Prototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #4
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

King Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venoms

Not bad, tho.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
Storm
Vatican

Storm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
What was the ending for the book?

Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
What was the ending for the book?
I think they mention that in the link.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:35 PM   #7
Storm
Vatican

Storm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killa

Yea, they do mention it, thanks.

Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #8
Masta Chilla
Fist of Justice

Masta Chilla crouching tigerMasta Chilla crouching tiger
Send a message via ICQ to Masta Chilla Send a message via MSN to Masta Chilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
co-sign
Masta Chilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:00 PM   #9
True Father Allah
PRODIGAL SUN

True Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venomsTrue Father Allah five deadly venoms

I'm still not really sure what the book's ending was, pretty vague but the theatrical version ending was much better and I like the connection to Bob Marley

It was a good edit job in the alter native version for them to cut all those scenes after ol girl asked him how did he hurt himself and then he decides to take them on a trip and all that but it did give meaning to why he was trying to cool the darkseeker's body down.

One thing that did not make sense after watcing on dvd was did they ever explain how ol girl got to the city with those bridges blown up? Yup, somebody really fumbled there.

On the dvd I just want to be clear, was the only extra scenes were when the butterfly was on the darkseeker he captured, when he went over the trap the darkseeker set him up in and couldn't fathom them being the culprits, when they fished in that one place and of course the ending.

So it was basically the butterfly on ol girl's kneck in the theatrical version that made him do what he did after hearing his daughter's words and the butterfly on the back of that darkseeker's shoulder that made him do what he did in the alter native version. I do think the theatrical ending was better because even if the darkseekers could be cured it would make sense they wouldn't care after 3 years of eating people and animals and doing who knows what, ya know? What you eat can make you other than your true self and they were so far gone.

What I really liked was when ol girl said the world is quieter now if you just listen............Indeed, you can concentrate on self and be more in tune with the universe. Reminds me of how people find themselves in solitary confinement when locked up cause all they have is themselves and they can finally meditate and be in tuned. This movie is great, after purchasing it on dvd and watching it I have a greater appreciation for it.

Did you know before he became Governor, Arnold Schwartznegger was originally meant to play Smith's role?

Those comics Jada produced were more creepier than the movie. That's another thing I liked about the movie, they never needed to show the darkseekers feeding on people to make it scary.
True Father Allah is offline   Reply With Quote