news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 03-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury
Default LOL@Marvin Gaye's Father Likes To Wear Women's Clothes

I found out about this when i watched a documentary about Marvin Gaye a few weeks ago. The documentary is on dvd and it's called The Life And Death Of Marvin Gaye. It's very good and ya'll should check it out. The documentary talked about Marvin's father likes wearing women's clothes because Marvin saw him trying on women's clothes when he was a kid. Marvin thought that was strange and he wondered why his dad did that. Marvin stopped performing in concert for 4 years after his singing buddy Tammi Terrell died because he was very close with her. Marvin also had a serious drug problem and his last wife Jan did drugs with him. Jan was 17 years old when she first started dating him and he was 34 at the time. He was lucky his ass didn't go to prison because of that LOL. He couldn't get a woman his age? LOL. Jan is cute. She's the mother of his fine ass daughter Nona. Marvin's last album Midnight Love which has the hit song Sexual Healing was recorded in London. I bet ya'll didn't know that. Ya'll also probably already know Marvin was killed by his dad. Marvin didn't get along with his dad and Marvin taunted his dad into shooting him because they got into a fight before the shooting happened. Marvin also got teased about his last name when he was young and that's why he added a E to his last name. Marvin knew he wasn't gay but he said he didn't like being teased about his last name.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:57 AM   #2
Kriszy Substance
And in the end..?

Kriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkey

Huh. I didn't know all that. Thanks for sharing. I will have to check that out.

www.myspace.com/kriszysubstance

Kriszy Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:07 AM   #3
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

its said that Marvin liked to wear womens clothes not his father

that documentary was trying to uphold Marvins legacy and shift disgrace onto his father
Old 03-29-2008, 02:15 AM   #4
Kriszy Substance
And in the end..?

Kriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkey

Huh, again. I was gonna say that I wouldn't give a fuck if Marvin wore a tu-tu every day of his life, he would still be the shit....but then the tu-tu image lingered a bit and Sexual Healing took on a whole new life....makes me wanna holla and throw up my hands.

Is Marvin's dad alive still?

www.myspace.com/kriszysubstance

Kriszy Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #5
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I seriously doubt Marvin liked to wear women's clothes. Why would the documentary lie and say his dad liked wearing women's clothes? His dad is strange. I think his dad is still living.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I seriously doubt Marvin liked to wear women's clothes. Why would the documentary lie and say his dad liked wearing women's clothes? His dad is strange. I think his dad is still living.

because Marvin is famous

Quote:
that documentary was trying to uphold Marvins legacy and shift disgrace onto his father
Marvin wearing womens clothes might not be true
but back in the days thats what i used to hear -
Old 03-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #7
-The A to the Z-
Veteran Member

-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey

i thought back in Gaye's day, 'gay' woulda meant 'happy'. The good ol' definition.
when did it acquire its new definition?
-The A to the Z- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #8
WeMadeIt

WeMadeIt grasshopper

I just read David Ritz's 'Divided Soul: The Life of Marvin Gaye' and I noticed a few mistakes people said ahead of me.

Marvin's father did indeed like to crossdress and wear flashy clothes. He was the laughingstock of their neighborhood in Detroit and Marvin's classmates would often tease him, calling his dad a 'sissy'. It's one of the main reasons he changed his name from Marvin Pentz Gay to Marvin Pentz Gaye. The other is a tribute to one of his idols, Sam Cooke.

Marvin Gaye also did experiment with crossdressing, but he would never do it publicly like his father did because of the overwhelming hatred and rage he had for his father. Marvin also enjoyed sadomasochism, and he would often push his wives into punishing, tormenting him. It really contributed to his divorce with Janice.

'Midnight Love' wasn't recorded in London. He had been living in London, freebasing for about ten months when Ostend, a Belgium producer/trainer, decided to help Marvin out, train him and help him get clean. He taped 'Midnight Love' in America.

Marvin's father died in 1998. He only got 5 years probation for killing Marvin because they discovered a 'walnut-sized brain tumor' in his head, and also Marvin did beat him up right before he shot him.
WeMadeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:07 PM   #9
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Marvin and his parents didn't live in Detroit, they lived in Washington DC because that's where Marvin was born. Marvin and his parents moved to Los Angeles in the 70's when Marvin became a singer. Marvin liked to wear women's clothes too huh? I didn't know that. He probably did that because he saw his father doing that. Marvin was into some weird shit. I guess drugs does that to you LOL. So sad to see how his life ended because he was a great singer. Midnight Love album was recorded in London because it says so on the back of the album. Sexual Healing video was done in Los Angeles though i think.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:47 PM   #10
ZigZag
KEEP IT FLAVAS

ZigZag Sinister snakeZigZag Sinister snakeZigZag Sinister snakeZigZag Sinister snake
Send a message via AIM to ZigZag Send a message via MSN to ZigZag Send a message via Yahoo to ZigZag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
because Marvin is famous

Marvin wearing womens clothes might not be true
but back in the days thats what i used to hear -
I WOULDN'T BE SHOCKED MARVIN DIDN'T NECESSARILY SOUND VERY MANLY WHEN HE TALKED LOL

HE FEARS TEDDY P.

"CREAM PUFF NIGGA I NEED YOU, SO THEY CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND YOU"

ZigZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:23 PM   #11
WeMadeIt

WeMadeIt grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZag View Post
I WOULDN'T BE SHOCKED MARVIN DIDN'T NECESSARILY SOUND VERY MANLY WHEN HE TALKED LOL

HE FEARS TEDDY P.

He didn't fear Teddy P, although he was jealous of the attention he was getting. Teddy also ran off with his second wife, Janis, which of course pissed off Marvin.
WeMadeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #12
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Teddy Pendergrass dated Marvin's ex Janis? I didn't know that.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:33 PM   #13
OTB
LIVE AND UNCUT

OTB iron monkeyOTB iron monkeyOTB iron monkey

yo, the UNDISPUTED nicest national anthem rendition-

marvin gaye 1983>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvVzaQ6i8A
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #14
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

i never knew he had his name altered and changed.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #15
Kong
Veteran Member

Kong drunken mastaKong drunken mastaKong drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMaN D View Post

huh....
thats what I thought.
Kong is offline   Reply With Quote