news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 03-30-2008, 03:11 AM   #1
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Read a Book ?

Whats more effective......to read a manual on how to change the oil in a car, or for someone who is experienced to put tools in your hands and explain to you where and how to use them ?
Old 03-30-2008, 03:28 AM   #2
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

depends what kinda learner you are, im a manuel dude, id o with that if you like figuring things out and have a bad attention span, read
Old 03-30-2008, 11:17 PM   #3
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Experience is a better teacher.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:35 PM   #4
Surreptitious
Above the Clouds

Surreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal son

^without a doubt
Old 03-31-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
dezmond

dezmond crouching tigerdezmond crouching tiger

You cant trust abook as much as your own eyes...
Old 03-31-2008, 10:22 AM   #6
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

You can't ask a book questions.

For a larger topic or task a book may be more beneficial. One person might not be willing to teach you everything they know about a subject unless you pay them for their time. A book has a fixed price. In academics you need both. Having something said to you one way and then you read another way might stay in your long term memory longer.

You also might need some hands experience to read a technical book or manual. The manual may not tell you each part of the car to describe what you are doing and assume you know something already. In other words some people are better at writing than others. It's usually quicker for someone to show you.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
STYLE

well if we are under the assumption that the book is the end all be all in terms of knowledge on oil changing, i will go with book. i don't like to get dirty anyway so dude can keep his the oily tools to himself. (homo)

if we are to assume that experience has advanced the book in terms of oil changing knowledge then i choose teacher.

i can absorb information at a much faster rate by reading. i find myself telling people to "keep going i get it" when they are explaining things to me. like i wanna push fast forward.

idk

the question is weighted tho.

it should read

best way to learn how to change oil, a book or a teacher?

or

a book which contains all the info you need or someone who has experience put the tools in ur hands......

anyway.

Last edited by STYLE; 03-31-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:08 PM   #8
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

books also become outdated...

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:23 PM   #9
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
You can't ask a book questions.

For a larger topic or task a book may be more beneficial. One person might not be willing to teach you everything they know about a subject unless you pay them for their time. A book has a fixed price. In academics you need both. Having something said to you one way and then you read another way might stay in your long term memory longer.

You also might need some hands experience to read a technical book or manual. The manual may not tell you each part of the car to describe what you are doing and assume you know something already. In other words some people are better at writing than others. It's usually quicker for someone to show you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
well if we are under the assumption that the book is the end all be all in terms of knowledge on oil changing, i will go with book. i don't like to get dirty anyway so dude can keep his the oily tools to himself. (homo)

if we are to assume that experience has advanced the book in terms of oil changing knowledge then i choose teacher.

i can absorb information at a much faster rate by reading. i find myself telling people to "keep going i get it" when they are explaining things to me. like i wanna push fast forward.

idk

the question is weighted tho.

it should read

best way to learn how to change oil, a book or a teacher?

or

a book which contains all the info you need or someone who has experience put the tools in ur hands......

anyway.

unnecessarily long winded

this is not about getting an oil change for your car - the oil change was just an example - your motives fucked up the flow - i'm not sure what the extra words were for - Book or Hands on ?

3 page replies are probally a reason why most in here said experience - no one wants to sift through all that extra bullshit just to get the job done
Old 03-31-2008, 01:27 PM   #10
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Maybe STYLEMASTERR and I are better at writing books

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:30 PM   #11
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

I read all kinds of technical books, but it's just easier to learn hands-on and use the books for reference if you need to.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:33 PM   #12
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
Maybe STYLEMASTERR and I are better at writing books
your answer was neutral as usual lol

there is a time to write books

and this is my point

every answer is not a call for an essay

my books are concentrated

i like books without filler

the way allot of us were taught is foul

some of us were taught to fill our sentences with "something"
even if this "something" has nothing to do with the subject we are writing about

some of us just talk too much
Old 03-31-2008, 01:35 PM   #13
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
your answer was neutral as usual lol

there is a time to write books

and this is my point

every answer is not a call for an essay

my books are concentrated

i like books without filler

the way allot of us were taught is foul

some of us were taught to fill our sentences with "something"
even if this "something" has nothing to do with the subject we are writing about

some of us just talk too much
The Entire english language has to much filler.

English much filler.

Quick and easy.

Quick, easy.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:48 PM   #14
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
unnecessarily long winded

this is not about getting an oil change for your car - the oil change was just an example - your motives fucked up the flow - i'm not sure what the extra words were for - Book or Hands on ?

3 page replies are probally a reason why most in here said experience - no one wants to sift through all that extra bullshit just to get the job done
Well last time I tried to read between the lines about skull clothes. But u were litral. But your adverse reaction illustrated my point. People give 2 much info.books can be skimmed indexed and closed. I can't .
Old 03-31-2008, 02:06 PM   #15
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
Well last time I tried to read between the lines about skull clothes. But u were litral. But your adverse reaction illustrated my point. People give 2 much info.books can be skimmed indexed and closed. I can't .

yeah there is some problem

skull clothes ?

lmao dam

you got something you really wanna say ?

have you ever heard of T.R.O.O.P.

Total rule over oppressed People.......bahh.... never mind man
if you didn't get the purpose of that thread so be it