news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 05-30-2014, 07:32 PM   #1
Sun Tanama
Not From Panama

Sun Tanama drunken mastaSun Tanama drunken masta
Default Futurama is underrated

Such a funny show and talented cast and they come up with so many weird concepts.

I think Futurama>>>The Simpsons at this point. That reminds me did anyone see the Simpsons/Futurama cross over that came out recently? Worth checking out?

Shame they keep cancelling it, these motherfuckers that run TV smh.

Sun Tanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:44 PM   #2
zooruka

zooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal son

Bender = g.o.a.t

Fry is also dope.
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
Sun Tanama
Not From Panama

Amen

All the character are great, i really like Zoidberg and Leela is funny and weirdly hot for a cartoon cyclops.

I always thought Katey Sagal who plays her was pretty hot too as Peg Bundy although her hair was fucking terrible in that role, i can't imagine that shit ever looked good even back in the 80s.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:51 AM   #4
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah, I like futurama. Didn't know there had been a Simpsons crossover episode, will have to check it out!
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:47 AM   #5
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

I think I only watched it a couple of times. I don't have the channel its on and im watching other stuff online first.
at least you fuckin an animal you are giving it pleasure instead of giving it pain.....better karma for you......
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
No i'm not a idiot. If i was a idiot, i'd be a criminal. There's nothing wrong with admitting you're afraid of something.
John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:25 PM   #6
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tanama View Post
That reminds me did anyone see the Simpsons/Futurama cross over that came out recently? Worth checking out?

Shame they keep cancelling it, these motherfuckers that run TV smh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
Yeah, I like futurama. Didn't know there had been a Simpsons crossover episode, will have to check it out!
It didn't air yet.

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:24 AM   #7
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son

Futurama is way underrated.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:05 AM   #8
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Futurama = greatest show ever
Old 06-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #9
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

futurama is awesome

I have this

and I still watch the show pretty much everyday..... every character has funny points

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #10
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Futurama is rated just right. Mediocre.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #11
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

theres a lot of very underrated sitcoms. I thought a lot of people knew about, and liked futurama so it cant be the most underrated.

what about spaced, isn't that a lot more underrated?
at least you fuckin an animal you are giving it pleasure instead of giving it pain.....better karma for you......
Quote:
No i'm not a idiot. If i was a idiot, i'd be a criminal. There's nothing wrong with admitting you're afraid of something.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:53 PM   #12
Sun Tanama
Not From Panama

Spaced is overrated, at least as a sitcom it is. It has a cult following with nerds because its a nerdy intertextual show. The actual characters are not very realistic and the jokes are not funny because they're basically just pop culture references and not actual jokes (family guy does the same thing). The cast does a great job with the material though, and its directed in such a way that its more watchable than it should be.

I think Futurama does more of a social commentary thing and has more unique jokes since they can create their own universe with each show. Hopefully netflix or someone picks it up, the writers say they have at least 6 seasons of material ready.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #13
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I never even heard of Spaced

I suppose Futurama is pretty much universally loved though which is why the show was brought back. The only cartoon I've liked remotely as much as Futurama is Adventure Time
Old 06-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #14
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tanama View Post
Spaced is overrated, at least as a sitcom it is. It has a cult following with nerds because its a nerdy intertextual show. The actual characters are not very realistic and the jokes are not funny because they're basically just pop culture references and not actual jokes (family guy does the same thing). The cast does a great job with the material though, and its directed in such a way that its more watchable than it should be.

I think Futurama does more of a social commentary thing and has more unique jokes since they can create their own universe with each show. Hopefully netflix or someone picks it up, the writers say they have at least 6 seasons of material ready.
lol wat, futuramas characters are more realistic? a woman with 1 giant eye in the middle of her eye is realistic?

I don't see how something is more funny just cuz its realistic. sure it helps certain types of sitcoms but u do know theres a whole genre of comedy called surrealist comedy or absurdist comedy. is the goodies, the young ones or the league of gentlemen not good enough for you cuz theyre too surrealist?

funny thing is I actually do relate to certain parts of the characters, sure theyre massive caricatures but so are most comedy characters, I don't watch sitcoms because they accurately portray people.

not all the jokes are pop culture references. also a lot of the pop culture references aren't just imitations, similar to how south park has lots of pop culture jokes but their joke isn't just having a pop culture reference. although some of the jokes are basic imitations.

I mean obviously its fine that u don't like the show but don't be trying to make out that people who do like it are some kind of inferior species of nerds who don't understand the true "realistic" humour that u like.

in fact theres a show not well known today that has the most unrealistic characters ive ever heard, the goon show. but without that show modern comedy would be completely different. nearly every important comedian around that time was inspired by it (peter cook monty python eric sykes tony hancock, hell even the beetles were inspired by it) is that sitcom not good enough either?
Quote:
Old 06-02-2014, 04:17 PM   #15
APOLLO STASH
Bag 40s like cougar town

APOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venoms

the makers of the show come up with some comedically genius shit. i love that show.

APOLLO STASH is offline   Reply With Quote