news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 11-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #151
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Yeh orbison is a class A producer, real laid back smooth joints, he has a habit of looping some of his hooks but thats one of the things that make him stand out.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #152
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Heres a lil mix. Look out for Jokers album coming soon too. Theres a few new cuts out there from him supposedly on the album. I dont think there as good as his early stuff though.

So i wont post them here.

But this shit......

Old 11-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #153
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Actually

I take back what I said about Jokers new songs

This shit is insane.

And "Tron" is pretty good too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbM3nFQlC3w
Old 11-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #154
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The King Midas Sound album is killer.

As a heathen, i can say i prefer it to London Zoo.

Fair enough on not liking Joy Orbison's style or Quarta 330, but Shackleton's album is deep.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #155
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Nah orbisons dope, just that he loops his shit a bit too much sometimes.

Dexx's new ep year 3000 is fire...

Give Mr Sleepz new ep Apocalypse a look too
Old 11-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #156
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Will check them out.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:05 AM   #157
SID
I see you dawg

Couldent post vids before, was posting on shitty ps3 browser..

HAAAARD
Old 11-18-2009, 06:28 AM   #158
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

That Dexx shit is pretty nice Sid. Like some cosmic-dub space shit.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #159
Longbongcilvaringz

This is fucking stupid, but i couldn't help but lol at it. Kode9 doesn't realise the anger in the blog community.

http://afterallhewassad.blogspot.com...g-for-you.html

Old 11-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #160
SID
I see you dawg

Kode9 does speak like a arrogant scottish tosser though, impecable producer but he dont seem that friendly from what ive heard.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:14 AM   #161
ddogg

ddogg grasshopper

DatsiK - Havoc
Best dubstep song ever.
ddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:29 AM   #162
SID
I see you dawg

I could never choose the best dubstep choon, theres too may choons and too much variety, i could choose the best mixes though.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:26 AM   #163
Longbongcilvaringz

Burial's next album is going to be deep, i can tell.

I remember reading him talking about the tracks on Untrue, and how unsophisticated they were and how he was almost embarrassed that so many people ended up hearing them.

That strikes me as the right attitude for a musician to have, way too many artists talk for days about the concept for their album or what it will sound like and how it is an amazing project, without letting the music speak for itself.

'Dubstep Purists' will probably find the new Burial shit boring though.

I remember chatting with this guy at a dubstep night here a year or so ago (i was there to see italo forefather Alexander Robotnik, but there was some local dubstep guys playing upstairs) and he was so irritated by Hyperdub, Burial and similar dubstep.

You could tell it really, really annoyed him that dubstep was moving in a direction other than the sound which had been prevalent pre 2006 (which is still great to me).

He whined to me "man, Kode9 and Skream are killing dubstep!" with a tear in his eye.

Fucking faggit.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:24 AM   #164
SID
I see you dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Bateman View Post
Burial's next album is going to be deep, i can tell.

I remember reading him talking about the tracks on Untrue, and how unsophisticated they were and how he was almost embarrassed that so many people ended up hearing them.

That strikes me as the right attitude for a musician to have, way too many artists talk for days about the concept for their album or what it will sound like and how it is an amazing project, without letting the music speak for itself.

'Dubstep Purists' will probably find the new Burial shit boring though.

I remember chatting with this guy at a dubstep night here a year or so ago (i was there to see italo forefather Alexander Robotnik, but there was some local dubstep guys playing upstairs) and he was so irritated by Hyperdub, Burial and similar dubstep.

You could tell it really, really annoyed him that dubstep was moving in a direction other than the sound which had been prevalent pre 2006 (which is still great to me).

He whined to me "man, Kode9 and Skream are killing dubstep!" with a tear in his eye.

Fucking faggit.
All of burials shit is deep, he cant help it.

Alot of people dont really class burial as dubstep they usually class his genre as "a burial fing" i would say its closer to ambient/minimal then anything else.

I dont get how how your friend thinks skream is moving away from dstep roots, he was a pioneer of the genre along with koki, mala, loefah and benga, midnight request line is one of the earliest anthems along with haunted and such

Hyperdub and dub police was a natrual progression and few people here in the heartland fought the route the sound was taking, most welcomed it as it added a new raw techno dimension to the early minimilistic stuff.

One of the key elements of dubstep and the thing that makes it hard to define as a genre is the vareity, it can be infused with so many other sounds while retaining the strong bass and dstep bpm thats what makes it such a exciting and innovative sound. .
Old 11-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #165
Longbongcilvaringz

He wasn't my friend, just some cunt who i got rettes off and felt obliged to engage in conversation with as a result.

He said Skream and Benga were killing dubstep. No explantion was offered though.

I Assume it might have had something to do with Skream dropping some sort of rave influenced tracks at the time.

Who knows what he hates about Benga.

But yeah, Burial's new shit definitely seems to be going further down the ambient road. Which for me isn't a problem, because i listen to that shit anyway, but i can sort of understand how people into harder dubstep will despise it.