news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 04-09-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

King Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venoms
Default Trip-Hop and Acid Rap...

What's the difference? I don't know anything about these sub-genre's but I have a feeling that someone here does.

King Tron 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #2
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Acid rap is nothing like trip hop, for an example, search out that Tricky Gravediggaz remix with RZA "put your hands in air" record.

Tricky - Maxiniquae - dope trip hop, never really got into it that heavy though, its heron music.

I think portishead would fall under it too.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

King Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venoms

I know of Portishead & Tricky, along with The Prodigy? That's it.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
crust
[S.F.T.D.]

crust drunken mastacrust drunken mastacrust drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to crust

portishead is dope.

check out science fiction from SF. pure amazing.

http://www.myspace.com/114718662

www.myspace.com/crustfacekillah
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #5
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

What other artists make music like Portishead & Tricky?

Old 04-10-2008, 06:03 PM   #6
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

meat beat manifesto. its better than tricky. ?DL subliminal sandwich?

*bumps the who's tommy*
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:05 PM   #7
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

What does The Prodigy fall under? I can't find none of their shit in the stores. And when they "search" they always say they only have H.N.I.C. That's not who I'm looking for.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

prodigy used to be in the alternATIve section but now thats not even a genre so idk. Maybe you might see it in electronic music sections? Im guessing here.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #9
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Yeah I checked wikipedia and it said they did Electropunk, Electronic, Rave, Big Beat, Hardcore, & Breakbeat. I don't know much, if not anything, of these genres.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #10
INF
Digital @fterLife

THey were an electronic group. Bottom line. It was really only the one guy (Liam(sp?) but then he had incorporated his ppls and made it a show.

His way of making music was using breakbeats and mixing in Hardcore(heavy rock or punk rock that was hardcore) and also mixing these he had that raver beat runnin too.

this all mixed together was what they called Electropunk. It maybe spawned a few other wannabie bands before Prodigy ended up defunct.

If you like that Prodigy then make sure to look for the dirtchamber sessions vol 1.

I think I have it on a disc , I'll see what I can do but its a perfect example of these different genres making one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dir...ons_Volume_One
Old 04-10-2008, 06:49 PM   #11
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Damn, thanks. Looks good.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #12
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

I just heard this song that they did off of Michael Jackson's Thriller, don't know the name, but I thought about spitting a verse or two to that beat. It sounded good. Did The Prodigy make anymore like this?

Old 04-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #13
INF
Digital @fterLife

anymore like what? the dirtchambersessions?>or the regular albums?

They had that one with the picture of the crab onthe front with firestarter and they also had like maybe 2 before that , that was underground. THis cat that used to live in germany told me that they was sellin they underground shit there and that they actually had lots of albums before the one that hit MTV.

the dirt chamber sessions is a solo dj session from liam or whatever his name his. He spins Crazy though. ITs a great mix.A must have.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #14
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Yeah that dirtchamber sessions looks pretty solid, and I haven't even had the listen. I like the line-up. And to answer your first question, the type like dirtchamber.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:02 PM   #15
INF
Digital @fterLife

Not that I know of. I waited for Vol 2 for a long time. I got vol 1 when it dropped on a recommendation. I seen in like soulseek or some other spot , that there was a volume 2 but when I dl'd it was bullshit.

I hate when you see some shit but you dont know its dumb shit. Its like , you know better than to try and download a Dre Detox File right now but then there are some albums that are questionable like this dirtchamber session.

Chances are there might be cuz what else would dude be doing for the last 10 yrs??? He still spinnin and you know that shit.