news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 04-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Atmosphere - When LIfe Gives You Lemons

Ok, i was going to post this in the hip hop section, but it isnt really hip hop, plus the demographic there has a combined intelligent quotient which struggles to push double digits.

Anyway, Atmosphere are releasing a new album on the 22nd, and the powers of the interwebz has granted me an advanced look at it.

Its called If Life Gives You Lemons, Paint That Shit Gold. (which was amusing , albeit a bit corny, to me)

The music contained within is a progression from previous Atmosphere album, in addition to being a departure.

Its not strictly Hip Hop, and incorporates elements of many genres, with Slug sort of singing/sort of speaking on a fair few tracks.

Anyway, i dig it a lot, not similar to much ive heard in the past, but i think they pull it off well.

I doubt anyone who isnt an Atmosphere fan will like this, or for that matter anyone who is a hip hop fan. And i dont think it will appear to too many people here, but i figured i may as well post a few of the tracks that ive been liking over the past few days.

Your Glass House

Shoulda Known

The Waitress

Painting

Me

The entire album is on their myspace page:

www.myspace.com/atmosphere

Let me know if you like it, hate it, think its ok, dont care, or anything else.

There is a deluxe addition with a children's book authored by Slug himself, im not going to pay for it, but i wouldnt mind seeing whats in it. I cant imagine what the fuck he would write in a childrens book

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:45 AM   #2
Isis

Isis grasshopper

yes, I know the album, but I'm wondering what is it exactly if it doesn't fit in the hip hop category?

it's an ok album, especially if you're a teenager...
Isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:12 AM   #3
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't like tha album that much, is good, but I like some releases more---
Old 04-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
Supreme-NRT
Hip-Hop infested Mind

Supreme-NRT shaolin monk
Send a message via Skype™ to Supreme-NRT

Like their other releases better, "God Loves Ugly" is unmatched.
Supreme-NRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:35 AM   #5
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis View Post
yes, I know the album, but I'm wondering what is it exactly if it doesn't fit in the hip hop category?

it's an ok album, especially if you're a teenager...
not sure what you mean by that.

and its hip hop, id just prefer to post in here.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:01 AM   #6
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Dunno what to make of this. 'Lucy Ford' is dope as hell. 'The woman With the Tattoed Hands' is simply fantastic

AOTY
Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #7
Longbongcilvaringz

Yeha im still not too sure, but im still playing it and liking those tracks i up loaded.

Maybe their weakest album, but i still dig it.

boycott cocaine

Old 04-23-2008, 05:59 AM   #8
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

First of all, "YO".

Having said that, I just listened to this album for the first time. It's the first hip hop release I've heard this year. I just can't seem to get interested anymore. Maybe it'll pass. Anyway, I think this is definitely a hip hop album. It's not your standard run of the mill shit, but you could say the same about their last few albums.

After one listen I'd say I quite like it and am pleased to find that I actually wanna hear it again. If I continue to feel this way I will upgrade this album from first hip hop release I've heard in '08 to first hip hop album I've purchased in '08.

Atmosphere certainly don't drop that uncut raw, but they certainly make interesting and appealing music, which is more than I can say for the vast majority of other hip hop artists these days.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
Longbongcilvaringz

Yeah, im not blown away or amazed by it.

Ive been playing it quite a bit though, and generally dig the vibe.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

I only had that song "God's Bathroom Floor" it was okay but I lost it in a crash and I never have bought an album. I f I Li KEd Go D' S Bth Roo M Floo R then will I like TH I s alb UM ?
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #11
Longbongcilvaringz

Um....

well thats a pretty down tempo track

this album is hard to describe.

why dont you check out the tracks i posted.

i can post an album link in the Vat section if you want...

Old 04-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #12
anti-social
Veteran Member

anti-social iron monkeyanti-social iron monkeyanti-social iron monkeyanti-social iron monkey

buy the 9th prince. PRINCE OF NEW YORK..its unreleased tracks. wait till he's home in June 2008 and then starts recording for his official second solo album. this atmosphere joint is a bit soft for me...i loved "god loves ugly"...but peace to all those cats out their supporting and buying music.
anti-social is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:34 PM   #13
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Just going through it on their myspace, got to say it's not too bad. It's not really my cup of tea but there are some good joints on it, my standouts have to be "shoulda known", "less one" and "YGM" although that last joint is a reused prince paul beat.

It's definately hip hop though, I don't really figure why you posted this here Pat, in anycase I can see some of my friends really likeing this but as for me I think it's a solid album but im not really a fan of Atmosphere and I have a long list of albums im trying to get already. Overall it's pretty good and certainly not as "alternative" as some people may imagine it to be.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #14
Longbongcilvaringz

Good summation.

as i said, i posted it here because i prefer the clientele that frequent these parts, to those that frequent other parts.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:28 AM   #15
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

i dont like Slug though.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote