news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 04-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #31
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

So is that the edition with the book?

Whats that like?

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #32
Guarded By Martyrs
Patiently Awaiting Death

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'll check this...
Although it doesn't sound like my bag to much.
I'm always willing to give something a chance.
I do like Atmosphere and Slug is deep.
What is their best album ???

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #33
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Only listened to the album a few times. Right now, I'm really feeling the 2nd half of the album. At this part of my life, I really appreciate someone putting out an album like this...a few years ago, I'd prob hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis View Post
it's an ok album, especially if you're a teenager...
Teenager? This is Atmosphere's most mature album. I guess you won't understand if you don't see the metaphors behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink Is My Drink View Post
i really like atmosphere and bought the deluxe edition of the new album. i liek the more up tempo tracks frm atmosphere so my views prob gonna slightly differ than alot of peoples. i havnt listened to it that much yet so i wotn review it or anyhting but "yesterday" hands down my fav track
Yea, "yesterday" is my fav track too. When you first heard this song, did you think it was about an ex? It seems like he tried to make it that way, then when you learn its about his father, it changed the whole picture...unbelievable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
So is that the edition with the book?

Whats that like?
Basically its a book for an extra $2 that has lyrics, a story, and a dvd. The story is kinda corny, but the dvd (concert in Minn.) is worth it.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:15 AM   #34
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah i figured the book would be kind of corny.

But yeah, i dig what your saying about it lyrically, you have a few listens and it starts to sink it.

The Skinny, Yesterday, Guarantees, Me, In Her Music Box, Puppets

all have interesting lyrics.

The whole cocaine motif is interesting also.

Whers, as far as their best album, id say its pretty subjective.

I like "Overcast" a lot, its a more classical, down beat Hip Hop album than some of their other material.

Also "Lucy Ford" gets a lot of plays for me.

In the end, all of their albums are worth getting in my opinion, although im a big fan so my opinion may be a bit bias.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:44 AM   #35
Longbongcilvaringz

um, also, on "Your Glass House" do people picture the person described as a chick or a guy?

i listened to it maybe 5 times, thinking it was a chick for some reason.

and then next time i listened to it i realised slug never mentions who the person is....

i was sure he said 'she' or something....

maybe i just always assume hes talking about women, or maybe i assume all coke heads are women.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:34 AM   #36
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynMur View Post
Yea, "yesterday" is my fav track too. When you first heard this song, did you think it was about an ex?
Haha, jupp... First time I listened to it I didn't really listen to the lyrics at all.. Then the second time I was like aaah this track is nice than I come to the part where he reveals that it's his father he talks about and I'm like whaaat? :P
Awesome track

Quote:
um, also, on "Your Glass House" do people picture the person described as a chick or a guy?
Chick

I think it mostly his style though.. The way he raps makes me think that he's always talking about a girl :P
Meh, I dunno..
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #37
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

Saw both the gold and black versions of this in HMV today. Was pretty surprised to see that the Recommended Urban shelf had all these on it:

Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons
eMC - The Show
Guilty Simpson - Ode To The Ghetto
Pete Rock - NY's Finest
Rakim - Legends Volume 1
Rakim - The Archive: Live, Lost & Found
Prodigy - HNIC 2
Kool G Rap - Half A Klip

Can't remember when such a non commercial selection was laid out.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #38
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
Saw both the gold and black versions of this in HMV today. Was pretty surprised to see that the Recommended Urban shelf had all these on it:

Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons
eMC - The Show
Guilty Simpson - Ode To The Ghetto
Pete Rock - NY's Finest
Rakim - Legends Volume 1
Rakim - The Archive: Live, Lost & Found
Prodigy - HNIC 2
Kool G Rap - Half A Klip

Can't remember when such a non commercial selection was laid out.
HMV has nearly always highligted independent/underground artists. I remember them putting a spotlight on those Bootcamp clik triple threat albums, Edans albums, NYOIL etc...

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #39
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this is what happens when you paint that shit gold after life gave this guy lemons, just look and see

lol i don't think this is what atmosphere had in mind when coming with that title i guess.

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:47 PM   #40
Longbongcilvaringz

ha,

i think they thought it was an amusing take on 'when life gives you lemon, make lemonade".

... like, instead of make the best of your situation, just paint it gold and make sure it looks good.

haha

whatever you think.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:59 PM   #41
DJMethods
Wu Vatican

DJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of fury

I picked up Roots, Portishead and Guilty Simpson.. will give this a listen soon, rapreviews gave it 9.5/10 and said it was their best album. Weird, werd.

Teachin Da SeedZ
DJMethods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #42
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

I.... thought...... you....... were....... dead........?

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:00 AM   #43
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMethods View Post
I picked up Roots, Portishead and Guilty Simpson.. will give this a listen soon, rapreviews gave it 9.5/10 and said it was their best album. Weird, werd.
I'm sorry for going off topic, but how's the portishead album? Loved their two first, but didn't really feel Machine Gun...
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #44
DJMethods
Wu Vatican

DJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
I.... thought...... you....... were....... dead........?
Haha! Nah, I told Pat in another thread I was going on holidays for a while. I just wanted to have a dramatic exit, plus retirements were "in" at the time.

Quote:
I'm sorry for going off topic, but how's the portishead album? Loved their two first, but didn't really feel Machine Gun...
To be honest I don't feel Machine Gun either, it's better through proper speakers with top quality, but not their hottest song. Love the rest of the album however, a lot of hardcore Portishead fans are bitching about it but I love it. "Threads" is one of m favourite Portishead tracks ever, Magic Doors, Hunter, Nylon Smile... pretty much all songs are good IMO.

Teachin Da SeedZ
DJMethods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:29 AM   #45
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Quote:

i listened to it maybe 5 times, thinking it was a chick for some reason.

and then next time i listened to it i realised slug never mentions who the person is....

i was sure he said 'she' or something....

maybe i just always assume hes talking about women, or maybe i assume all coke heads are women.

Yea, after hearing the whole song the first time, i was thinking he was talking about himself, but after listening to it again, i now think it could be about a woman (or guy). i think he did it that way so you can leave it up to yourself to think who its about.

This is def an album you have to listen carefully to.