news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 03-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms
Default Grindhouse cinema

Not about Death Proof or Planet Terror, but about the films that they were inspired by. I've been wondering what some 'classics' of this style are.

Suggestions?

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:28 AM   #2
mAlAkAz
DELUXE LUXURY

mAlAkAz drunken mastamAlAkAz drunken mastamAlAkAz drunken masta
Default Grindhouse Cinema

Vanishing Point
Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia
Thriller - A Cruel Picture
Switchblade Sisters
Rolling Thunder
Ilsa - She Wolf of The SS
Sweet Sweetback's Baadassss Song
I Spit On Your Grave
The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant
Zombie
The Crazies
The Thing With Two Heads
mAlAkAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:31 AM   #3
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

Cool thanks.

I wouldn't have thought of Vanishing Point as grindhouse style though. Love that film.

Haha, these look perfect:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 03-19-2008 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:10 AM   #4
herzog
scumbag

herzog shaolin monk

Bloodsucking Freaks/The Incredible Torture Show
Cannibal Holocaust
Coffy
Wizard of Gore
Hanzo the Razor
The Ultimate Degenerate
Bad Girls Go to Hell
The Black Gestapo
I Drink Your Blood
Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
Blood Feast
Farewell, Uncle Tom
The Last House on the Left
Fight For Your Life
The Curse of Her Flesh
Maniac
The Street Fighter (1974)
The Candy Snatchers

shit. there's a lot more, but i'm too tired to think of them right now. i wouldn't consider "bring me the head of alfredo garcia" an exploitation film, though. a good way to explore these movies is to look at the different genres - blaxploitation, gore films, revenge films, sexploitation, nunsploitation, whatever.

Last edited by herzog; 03-19-2008 at 01:21 AM.
herzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:38 AM   #5
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

I'm just looking for some films that make me laugh like Planet Terror did. I've seen a lot of these old films, but I just wanted to know of some more that will make me laugh. Trying to avoid complete shit, and just watch the ones that are very tongue in cheeck overe the top type stuff.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:44 AM   #6
herzog
scumbag

herzog shaolin monk

many of the ones i listed are funny/over the top, although most of them unintentionally.

these are definitely tongue in cheek:

Bloodsucking Freaks/The Incredible Torture Show
Switchblade Sisters
Death Race 2000
Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
Street Trash
The Story of Ricky (too late to be considered grindhouse, but in the same vein)
Old 03-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #7
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
Cool thanks.

I wouldn't have thought of Vanishing Point as grindhouse style though. Love that film.

Haha, these look perfect:

dope man ~ if you [or others] can keep posting up posters i'd appreciate it.. just love the grindhouse flicks posters from that era. thanx.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
pneumatic
The Preacher

pneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal son

Switchblade Sisters looks dope. I might have to dig some of those up.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:21 PM   #9
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

Shit looks like they're cashing in on the whole Grindhouse thing. Icouldn't find that Thriller: A Cruel Picture anywhere, so looked on ebay. They want 15 (about $30) for it! Fuck that. If I can download them or buy em for a budget price then I will though. I was hoping for some 10 film boxset for a budget price.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:13 PM   #10
herzog
scumbag

herzog shaolin monk

thriller: a cruel picture is good, but just so you know, it's not funny and over the top. more depressing.

switchblade sisters is top five grindhouse material
Old 03-19-2008, 03:19 PM   #11
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

What would your other four of the top five hilariously over the top fucked up fun Grandhouse pictures be then?

Old 03-19-2008, 03:24 PM   #12
herzog
scumbag

herzog shaolin monk

hard to say... but perhaps these:

bloodsucking freaks aka the incredible torture show
faster, pussycat! kill! kill!
street trash
don't go in the basement

honorable mention for "i drink your blood" and if "story of ricky" counts (it was made in 1991, after they shut down all the grindhouses), definitely story of ricky.

these are not at all the five most fucked up, but i'd consider them the most fun.

Last edited by herzog; 03-19-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #13
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

I've seen Faster Pussycat, but I'll check the others out. Thanks.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #14
herzog
scumbag

herzog shaolin monk

bloodsucking freaks is from 1976, by the way. sometimes i look it up and find some other movies from different years.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #15
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

Just came across this: