news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 08-29-2005, 11:41 PM   #106
ryanmeister

ryanmeister grasshopper
Default Re: Hidden Symbolism

rhymerza, i could sit here and explain quantum physics and all kinds of other fun shit, but obviously i could never under any circumstances prove anything without a doubt. i do think that god is a logical being, as it would make the most sense. the problem is that you have to wonder if logic is always right... the famous ancient greek philosophers coined the two terms logos and mythos. logos is your common sense, also known as logic. it is the derivitive of sense, but does it always mean the truth? you would hope. the mythos is the mystery, the mythological tales that are great big stories of the past that at one point may have been a historical reference. perhaps at one time they held a lot of truth, but probably not after being told for thousands of years. in all the time i "waste" reading this shit and what not, i often end up wondering how much it is all worth it in the end. its great understanding how everything works, but at the same time you can't forget to enjoy life.

if you'd like to know my own beliefs i'd be happy to share them. personally i think that your soul, divine spark, or whatever you want to call it, the thing that makes you different from just a some big organism called a human (which is no more than system, and hardly different from a computer, so i ask, are you a computer? most people agree, the answer is no). i like to speculate that your spirit lives in the physical through experiences of times, or lives. if you've ever thought about it, its hard to concieve which actual cell in your brain, or elsewhere actually contains the you. what more, the you, doesn't seem to be restricted to simply the genetic or physical experiences of your life. i believe there is something more, but hey, thats up to you still. maybe you understand now that there is still a choice that must be made soley based in faith. i do think that god intended this. what i believe is that your main purpose in life is spiritual evolution and growth, which mostly includes just having fun and being happy, or if your a more negative person, hating and decieving. what i also mean by spiritual growth is that i think life presents you with opportunities for serious progress towards understanding the world around you, and no matter the moment there is always something to be learned, even from trivial stupid little things. what i have explained i belive is the logos, the logical side of life, but i think in order to still maintain the beauty of chaos life itself needs something special, which i refer to as the mythos. in my humble opinion, even with the thickest of mathematics, logic, and sense, seeing the universe as gods great dream is not such a terrible idea. there must be mystery, things that are entirely based in faith, and the inexplicable. a god would not much enjoy living in a little box. so i think that god leaves you with free will, the will to be a god yourself, afterall, what is part of god, if he is not god himself? whatever you choose to believe, i think the most important aspect is a respect for knowledge and wisdom, but to have an openess to love and have feelings as well. this is the same, the balance of logos and mythos. this is the negative and positive, order and chaos, and sensibly one must never dominate another. i don't need to convince you of anything, i am not the one in question of belief. if you are interested, i do suggest going out and studying whatever you can get your hands on, and always keep an open mind. making decisions for your SELF is what keeps you from the plague of a religion, while still maintaining the balance of spirtuality. there is nothing wrong with people coming together to form a spirtual group, but i find issues when a god's free will is impeded by the forced teachings of a preacher.

just remember:

truth is only what YOU know. no one can tell you the truth. though one day it may become invalid, it is only an opportunity to improve your own truth.
ryanmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:49 PM   #107
ryanmeister

ryanmeister grasshopper

Quote:
That's why the #9 means Born, b/c the #9 is the number of completion. It takes 9 months for one to be completed in the womb, so getting Knowldege (which represents the #1) is the first step. U have to go from 1 to 9 (or from Knowledge to Born) in order to be complete.
thats a nice piece of knowledge. damn. sure explains why we start over after 9 in our counting system. i think we live in the wrong galaxy though. if you study music and octaves, they start over at 7. same with the divisions of color. some would say thats a silly thing to base anything on, but color is the division of light, which is the fastest known moving thing. hmm... thats some interesting shit.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:48 AM   #108
LordReveal
Veteran Member

LordReveal crouching tiger

^ That's whats up
Old 08-30-2005, 12:04 PM   #109
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i love this thread....keep it comin
Old 08-30-2005, 12:20 PM   #110
hagakure360

hagakure360 shaolin monk

yo word, number 9 its like on Sunz of Man, Saviorz DAy, Rza said on that skit joint, "anything thats born must go thru the womb, you got to travel thru the womb of knowledge"

i appreciate reading these types of threads and the book recommendations

peace
Old 08-30-2005, 12:30 PM   #111
cheech

cheech grasshopper

thanks lord reveal(where you been) and ryanmeister ive been defending you guys...somepeople just aren't gonna understand. oh for good references to hiddens ymbolism check this rhyme from Rza on Tragedy

Yo, yo, assassination, vaccination, poor education
infatuation with Satan with global nataion taxation
Fiberoptic microscopic biological germ
Mad Cow burger on the market, Captain of your starship
I never departed once I started
to explore these regions that was uncharted
Leave your heart broken, yo I stand tall
like buildings on Van Dyke's, all mics
Beats strike like a noisy four train late night
Chase got New York for the Life, we out of state
Can't smoke a bone in the staircase with out gettin chased
Penny candy poisonous rappers, best to chill or get your head gashed
Lemonhead, sour patch kids, best to grab
a Life Savor, I'll Jawbreak ya, Boston Bake ya
Then plant my sunflower seed on every square acre
The beauty of my nature shown through Shaquaisha I Mecca
When I made myself Equality, known to my reflector
Stay in your playpen boy, and babble for your formula and cried
You pacified, this lullaby from the black butterfly

JUST RELEASE THE CURE!!!!!!!!!!
cheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:14 PM   #112
Wu-tang Fan
Veteran Member

Wu-tang Fan drunken mastaWu-tang Fan drunken mastaWu-tang Fan drunken masta
Lightbulb Re: Hidden Symbolism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
don't waste your time trying to explain to wu tang fan, he was presented with the answers to his questions and yet still asks the same questions....one day he may or may not get it. But as of now he's just trying to start a argument

also peace to every person who dropped some jewels in this thread, good to see people like you still exist on here
AyYa'll I'm not trying to start an argument and I do appreciate people explaining but I can't help it if I can't understand!
Wu-tang Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:29 PM   #113
SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
PreDestinatioN

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN grasshopper

P-owerful Energy A-ttracts C-onscious E-ntites,

Lord Reveal,

Eye personally don't think this is the wisest place to build on the mathematics, peep whose console you are on. I'm a strong advocate of droppin the unadulterated truth in almost any realm. But here..now cipher. Besides...with all respect, you can't feed a baby meat...and expect the seed to digest it well with no problem (chaos). Main thing is...that build/destroy-power/refinement individual will only be led to ask U the question (that defines him or her)....the 25th degree. And it is then where you'll be trying to explain zigzagzig...scientifically, ethnologically, eytmologically, phonologically (example: allah is not an arabic word), psychologically, and historically. Alot of information for this type of site...and pardon self, but you'll end up like Musa in a ring of fire.
Remember what you have in your hands..and in ya mental...is extremely powerful..especially once the potential is turned kinetic. Some bastards already abuse it. But I'm sure U know the science, they attempted to crucify Isa, and the "father" was shot enough times for holding the same power. Ancient to Present significance..., regardless, just addin on. Peace be upon you.

hoteph ptah

SubliminaL th[A] 7th BorN

"KNOW THY SELF"
Peace to the Gods and Earths

"The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear.."
SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 05:00 PM   #114
Frank Drebin
shaolin shadowboxer

Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordReveal
Christians & Muslims however would condemn you and say your going to "hell" if u don't follow their religions.

At least you show your respect. PEACE to you bro.
No disrespect to the 5% but Im a Christian and I dont think anyone is going to hell. My girlfriend is a Muslim and I aint never heard her say that someone is going to hell if they dont believe in Allah. I think God loves us too much to send people to Hell and I would be to much of a hypocrite to say someone is going to Hell. He who have committed no sin cast the first stone. Thats a large generalisation you made there my friend. PEACE
Old 08-30-2005, 07:41 PM   #115
cheech

cheech grasshopper

as above...so below
cheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:05 PM   #116
LordReveal
Veteran Member

LordReveal crouching tiger

Quote:
Lord Reveal,

Eye personally don't think this is the wisest place to build on the mathematics, peep whose console you are on. I'm a strong advocate of droppin the unadulterated truth in almost any realm. But here..now cipher. Besides...with all respect, you can't feed a baby meat...and expect the seed to digest it well with no problem (chaos). Main thing is...that build/destroy-power/refinement individual will only be led to ask U the question (that defines him or her)....the 25th degree. And it is then where you'll be trying to explain zigzagzig...scientifically, ethnologically, eytmologically, phonologically (example: allah is not an arabic word), psychologically, and historically. Alot of information for this type of site...and pardon self, but you'll end up like Musa in a ring of fire.
Remember what you have in your hands..and in ya mental...is extremely powerful..especially once the potential is turned kinetic. Some bastards already abuse it. But I'm sure U know the science, they attempted to crucify Isa, and the "father" was shot enough times for holding the same power. Ancient to Present significance..., regardless, just addin on. Peace be upon you.
True indeed God, your absolutely right. Our duty is to teach but we also gotta be careful how and to whom we teach. Thank u for your concern.

PEACE, God.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:54 PM   #117
SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
PreDestinatioN

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN grasshopper

peace..and respect.

actual fact Lord Reveal....

peace.

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN

"The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear.."
SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:11 AM   #118
RhymzaRua
Dolla dolla bill yaaaall!

RhymzaRua grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to RhymzaRua

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmeister
rhymerza, i could sit here and explain quantum physics and all kinds of other fun shit, but obviously i could never under any circumstances prove anything without a doubt. i do think that god is a logical being, as it would make the most sense. the problem is that you have to wonder if logic is always right... the famous ancient greek philosophers coined the two terms logos and mythos. logos is your common sense, also known as logic. it is the derivitive of sense, but does it always mean the truth? you would hope. the mythos is the mystery, the mythological tales that are great big stories of the past that at one point may have been a historical reference. perhaps at one time they held a lot of truth, but probably not after being told for thousands of years. in all the time i "waste" reading this shit and what not, i often end up wondering how much it is all worth it in the end. its great understanding how everything works, but at the same time you can't forget to enjoy life.

if you'd like to know my own beliefs i'd be happy to share them. personally i think that your soul, divine spark, or whatever you want to call it, the thing that makes you different from just a some big organism called a human (which is no more than system, and hardly different from a computer, so i ask, are you a computer? most people agree, the answer is no). i like to speculate that your spirit lives in the physical through experiences of times, or lives. if you've ever thought about it, its hard to concieve which actual cell in your brain, or elsewhere actually contains the you. what more, the you, doesn't seem to be restricted to simply the genetic or physical experiences of your life. i believe there is something more, but hey, thats up to you still. maybe you understand now that there is still a choice that must be made soley based in faith. i do think that god intended this. what i believe is that your main purpose in life is spiritual evolution and growth, which mostly includes just having fun and being happy, or if your a more negative person, hating and decieving. what i also mean by spiritual growth is that i think life presents you with opportunities for serious progress towards understanding the world around you, and no matter the moment there is always something to be learned, even from trivial stupid little things. what i have explained i belive is the logos, the logical side of life, but i think in order to still maintain the beauty of chaos life itself needs something special, which i refer to as the mythos. in my humble opinion, even with the thickest of mathematics, logic, and sense, seeing the universe as gods great dream is not such a terrible idea. there must be mystery, things that are entirely based in faith, and the inexplicable. a god would not much enjoy living in a little box. so i think that god leaves you with free will, the will to be a god yourself, afterall, what is part of god, if he is not god himself? whatever you choose to believe, i think the most important aspect is a respect for knowledge and wisdom, but to have an openess to love and have feelings as well. this is the same, the balance of logos and mythos. this is the negative and positive, order and chaos, and sensibly one must never dominate another. i don't need to convince you of anything, i am not the one in question of belief. if you are interested, i do suggest going out and studying whatever you can get your hands on, and always keep an open mind. making decisions for your SELF is what keeps you from the plague of a religion, while still maintaining the balance of spirtuality. there is nothing wrong with people coming together to form a spirtual group, but i find issues when a god's free will is impeded by the forced teachings of a preacher.

just remember:

truth is only what YOU know. no one can tell you the truth. though one day it may become invalid, it is only an opportunity to improve your own truth.
Finally, now THAT'S a good post, you came straight from the heart and were very tolerant and understanding of those who think differently than you, and unlike some other people in this thread, you did not talk in a condescending way. And even though I still stand by the contradictions I brought up in my post before, I realize that I was acting in an overly aggressive way. Thumbs up to this post.

Now, addressing some of the stuff you brought up, I myself am an atheist for various reasons which I won't go much into. I find it insulting when some people talk about atheists as if they try take the "easy" way out by not having to abide by morals set by a higher power. The real truth is that it's the hardest thing in the world, and I would be ECSTATIC if I woke up tomorrow and suddenly god(s) existed. The reason why is because of the worst realization of atheism... that you will eventually DIE and be GONE FOREVER. Thus, if god(s) existed I would be able to rest far easier, knowing that there would be SOME kind of afterlife for me, be it heaven or hell or reincarnation, but there's a difference between me HOPING that those were around, and me deluding myself that they actually ARE around. Just a little insight into the tragic mindstate of the atheist.

Also, I already know that your statement of "i do suggest going out and studying whatever you can get your hands on" is 100% correct, that's why I've read some distance already into the Qu'ran and am going to read other religious books.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:48 PM   #119
ryanmeister

ryanmeister grasshopper

this thread is just supposed to be an introductory, to give people a start from something they enjoy, like the wu-tang. sometimes people just need a bit of a push to find what they're already looking for. we should keep it wu-based though, even though i've kinda fucked that up a bit myself. we are in fact on a wu-tang forum. great lyrics cheech. what song was that?
Old 08-31-2005, 06:03 PM   #120
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

for those of you who havnt watched it...

d/l Rza's speech at ODBs funeral from the videos section.....he speaks some crazy knowledge in that shit man.....he sounded like a fuckin reverend or sumthin....GO DL THAT