news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: rate it..
5 - Masterpiece 3 23.08%
4 - Banger 4 30.77%
3 - Good 4 30.77%
2 - Weak 1 7.69%
1 - Wack 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Big L - The Big Picture

01. The Big Picture
02. Ebonics
03. Size 'Em Up
04. Deadly Combination (ft. 2Pac)
05. '98 Freestyle Interlude
06. Hold It Down (ft. AG & Stan Spit)
07. The Heist
08. The Enemy (ft. Fat Joe)
09. Fall Back (ft. Kool G Rap)
10. Flamboyant
11. Causualties of a Dice Game
12. Platinum Plus (ft. Big Daddy Kane)
13. Who You Slidin' Wit' (ft. Stan Spit)
14. Games (ft. Sadat X & Guru)
15. The Heist [Lord Finesse RMX]
16. The Triboro (ft. OC, Fat Joe & Remy Ma)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

wasn't really feeling this album that much at first due to some of the production but I just started listening alot to this again and the shit is definitely a banger. there is a couple of joints close to the end that feels pretty uninspired and maybe 2 other that has average production ("Causualties of a Dice Game", "The Heist") but still this is a real banger.. Big L was extremely talented as we all know, great flow, clever punchlines and funny as fuck and while this lp is very different from his debut it's amazing they finnished an album this good after the guys death... I'm not sure how much of the collaborations where actually recorded with Big L but most of them sounds like they were (BDK and Big L has great chemistry), what you think about that??

4/5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
supreme M
Yolanda

supreme M drunken mastasupreme M drunken masta

4/5
some really really good joints, and some, eehh
the intro is crazy, one of my favorites on the album

big l r.i.p, wonder how the rap game would be if he would still be here
supreme M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Great album, not a patch on his debut though. I always think Big L sounds best over those really hardcore beats like on 'Lifestyles...'

As for wether the collabos were done when he was alive? Hard to tell. On paper i always though that say BDK Kool G Rap, and Guru were put on the album AFTER he died, but it works so well together. I would say though, that those three were added to the tracks after L died.

AOTY
Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #5
bad boy T
MC Definition

bad boy T shaolin monk

I heard so much about this album but I still have'nt heard it
bad boy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
JerseyIronman

JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son

'ebonics', 'holdin it down' are bangers...

JerseyIronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #7
claaa7
Killer Bob

^^ do you mean that's it?

Old 02-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
claaa7
Killer Bob

this album is dope, L was easily one of the most gifted rappers that ever lived and his charisma shines brighter than bright all over this. lyrical masterpiece without a question, but despite that i think this album could've been better if they'd kept a few of the original beats L rhymed over rather than the weak remixes ("Games", "Who You Slidin' Wit") and also adding that freestyle and "Deadly Combination" kinda gives it a mixtape feel imo. here are the changes i made for the album for my iPod, try it out:

01. "The Big Picture (Intro)"
02. "Ebonics"
03. "Size 'Em Up"
04. "We Got This" (ft. Mr. Cheeks)
05. "Day One '99 (Live in Amsterdam)"
06. "Hold It Down" (ft. AG, Stan Spit & Miss Jones)
07. "The Heist Revisited"
08. "Da Enemy" (ft. Fat Joe)
09. "Flamboyant"
10. "Furious Anger" (ft. Shyheim)
11. "Fall Back" (ft. Kool G Rap)
12. "Platinum Plus" (ft. Big Daddy Kane)
13. "Who You Slidin' Wit (Buckwild Mix)"
14. "Games Females Play"
15. "Causualties of a Dice Game"
16. "The Triboro" (ft. OC, Show, Fat Joe & Remy Ma)

Old 02-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #9
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
wasn't really feeling this album that much at first due to some of the production but I just started listening alot to this again and the shit is definitely a banger. there is a couple of joints close to the end that feels pretty uninspired and maybe 2 other that has average production ("Causualties of a Dice Game", "The Heist") but still this is a real banger.. Big L was extremely talented as we all know, great flow, clever punchlines and funny as fuck and while this lp is very different from his debut it's amazing they finnished an album this good after the guys death... I'm not sure how much of the collaborations where actually recorded with Big L but most of them sounds like they were (BDK and Big L has great chemistry), what you think about that??

4/5
did you just call "Casualties of a Dice Game" one of the weaker tracks??? thats one of L's best tracks of all time, flawless storytelling
Old 02-17-2010, 04:10 AM   #10
crds
ADEPT

crds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkey

There were some good tracks, some really dope tracks and some pretty average tracks, it was a good album, but Lifestyles... is much better and I always go back to that album.
crds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:17 AM   #11
claaa7
Killer Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeblasi View Post
did you just call "Casualties of a Dice Game" one of the weaker tracks??? thats one of L's best tracks of all time, flawless storytelling
yep storytelling is absolute flawless but the production always sounded quite bland to me. the beat doesn't match the vocals if you ask me, altho it's still a keeper cuz the skills L put into it.