news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 05-08-2008, 01:03 AM   #46
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
^^ Wow, you prefer Revenge Of The Sith to A New Hope?

You seen the six Babycart films?
Yes Revenge over a New Hope because I loved the baby jedi massacre. Jokes - but nah i loved the whole concept of the series coming full circle from the middle - never done before. And of-course seeing Vader get built scene was the shit and NoOOoOOoooOOOOOO scene was the moment you understand was he is so fuckin evil and pissed off in the last 3 episodes.

I havent watched all the Lone Wolf episodes or Baby Cart - but I do plan on it one of these days.

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:05 AM   #47
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyFangz View Post
6. Jacobs Ladder
that movie is a mind fuck like A Scanner Darkly

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #48
herzog
scumbag

herzog shaolin monk

Quote:
Come on, there is a little woman singing in his radiator, it's hardly a straight forward film.

I think it's a very good film, but I could never call it a favourite because I find it more interesting than enjoyable.
by straightforward, i mean it's a very clear "hero's journey" with a beginning, middle and end. it's a narrative film. the lady in the radiator is pretty clearly presented as a fantasy of henry's.

i think it's one of the most enjoyable films ever made. it's one of the most affecting, disturbing and hilarious movies i've seen. i've watched it about five times.
herzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #49
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

I think what you see as straight forward is not what others would call straight forward. I get it, but it's not exactly a straight forward hero's journey. You make it sound like Iron Man!

I find it a little too distrubing to be enjoyable. In the same way that two of the best, most affecting films I've ever seen are Deer Hunter and Salvador, but I'd never call either a favourite, because they're fucking depressing.

I'm always eager to see a new Lynch film, but not many are actually favourites of mine. Although I do think possibly the best scene of all time is the opening of Blue Velvet.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #50
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

Here is my top 20 favorite films (in order) that hasn't changed for a couple years.

01 Pulp Fiction {USA}
02 Fight Club {USA}
03 Kairo [The Circuit] {JP}
04 Friend {KOR}
05 Koroshiya Ichi [Ichi the killer] {JP}
06 Ghost Dog {USA}
07 Ba wang bie ji [Farewell my Concubine] {HK}
08 Memento {USA}
09 Hollywood Shuffle {USA}
10 Jackie Brown {USA}
11 Life {USA}
12 Tasogare Seibei [Twilight Samurai] {JP}
13 Wu jian dao [Infernal Affairs] {HK}
14 Old Boy {KOR}
15 Dead Presidents {USA}
16 Menace II Society {USA}
17 Malcolm X {USA}
18 The Killer {HK}
19 Hanabi [Fireworks] {JP}
20 Fearless {HK}

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

Last edited by hide1998; 05-10-2008 at 11:22 PM.
hide1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:25 PM   #51
herzog
scumbag

herzog shaolin monk

Quote:
I think what you see as straight forward is not what others would call straight forward. I get it, but it's not exactly a straight forward hero's journey. You make it sound like Iron Man!

I find it a little too distrubing to be enjoyable. In the same way that two of the best, most affecting films I've ever seen are Deer Hunter and Salvador, but I'd never call either a favourite, because they're fucking depressing.

I'm always eager to see a new Lynch film, but not many are actually favourites of mine. Although I do think possibly the best scene of all time is the opening of Blue Velvet.
by hero's journey i just mean it has a protaganist with a problem, and the film depicts his dealing with the problem in a narrative fashion. a lot of people make eraserhead sound like a collection of surrealist imagery like un chein andalou or something, while eraserhead is a clear narrative film.

i love disturbing films. i think one of the greatest things art can do is disturb. to me, an interesting and disturbing film is an entertaining film.

lynch is one of my favorite living directors, maybe my favorite living director next to werner herzog. i don't know if you saw it, but inland empire is his latest film. it's about as far from straightforward as it gets.

edit: by hero's journey i don't mean eraserhead even has a great "hero" or anyone goes on any kind of great journey. i'm just using the literary term.

Last edited by herzog; 05-09-2008 at 10:32 PM.
herzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #52
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

Yeah, I've seen every single Lynch film, where possible in the cinema. Read his autobiography as well.

I love films like his, and I agree that art that disturbs can be a great film, but my favourite films are usually stuff that just makes me feel happy and I can just relax watching, with characters I like a usually some humour.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 05-09-2008 at 10:34 PM.
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #53
Guarded By Martyrs
"ALL1stVERSE ALL1stVERSE"

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Hmmm...

I'll come back to this.

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:35 AM   #54
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

In no particular order

Pulp Fiction
Snatch
Fight Club
Crash
Ferris Bueler's Day Off
Scary Movie 2
Goodfellas
NaturalBorn Killers
Raising Arizona
There Will Be Blood (an instant classic imo)

I could name alot more, 10's really impossible to truly narrow down to, love Resevoir Dogs, No Country for Old Men, I Heart Huckabees, Trainspotting, as well (and the list is much longer than that)

Support the Real. Click HERE

Last edited by Visionz; 05-10-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #55
SikoCeLL

SikoCeLL crouching tiger

Goodfellas
The Matrix
Fight Club
The Fifth Element
Leon The Professional
Donnie Darko
The Lost Boys
Princess Mononoke
Aliens
Akira
SikoCeLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #56
DrunkenMasta303
zui quan

DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hide1998 View Post
Here is my top 20 favorite films (in order) that hasn't changed for a couple years.

01 Pulp Fiction {USA}
02 Fight Club {USA}
03 Kairo [The Circuit] {JP}
04 Friend {KOR}
05 Koroshiya Ichi [Ichi the killer] {JP}
06 Ghost Dog {USA}
07 Ba wang bie ji [Farewell my Concubine] {HK}
08 Memento {USA}
09 Hollywood Shuffle {USA}
10 Jackie Brown {USA}
11 Life {USA}
12 Tasogare Seibei [Twilight Samurai] {JP}
13 Wu jian dao [Infernal Affairs] {HK}
14 Old Boy {KOR}
15 Dead Presidents {USA}
16 Menace II Society {USA}
17 Malcolm X {USA}
18 The Killer {HK}
19 Hanabi [Fireworks] {JP}
20 Fearless {HK}
NIIIICEEE list,
good to see my 2 favorite directors Takashi Miike and Takeshi Kitano get mentions
DrunkenMasta303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #57
MAYOR QUIMBY
Veteran Member

MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Back To The Future
Forrest Gump
MAYOR QUIMBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #58
Nick Fury
Pink Taco Maker Inc

Nick Fury iron monkeyNick Fury iron monkeyNick Fury iron monkey

Apocalypse Now
Hard Boiled
Taxi Driver
Fight Club
Drunken Master
Serpico
Office Space
Half Baked
Clerks
Old Boy
Kagemusha
Breaking .....lol
Nick Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:29 PM   #59
Sinistarr
Sinistarr Studios

Sinistarr shaolin monk

in no particular order

Happy Gilmore
Freddie Got Fingered
Grandma's Boy
The Castle
The Nugget
8 Mile
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatum
Scarface
Sinistarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:04 AM   #60
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

My top ten list in particular order:

1. The Usual Suspects
2. Fallen
3. The Shawshank Redemption
4. Beautiful Mind
5. Training Day
6. Ghost Dog
7. Anchorman : The Legend of Ron Burgundy
8. American Gangster
9. Stranger Than Fiction
10. LA Confidential

Note that while watching Anchorman,I,for the first time,shitted and pissed myself with laughter,at the same time.Brick Tamlin made my nose cry from laughter.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote