news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 05-20-2008, 10:30 AM   #16
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yes but they know the third was a mess which is why this next one is going to take a bit longer to work on the script.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #17
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

Hmmm... can't remember seeing many fourth films in a series that weren't crap. Let alone fifth. Trouble usually is that most respectable writers and actors don't wanna appear in a fourth or fifth installation of a film franchise.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #18
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Well Spiderman 4 and apparently 5 are being written by the guy that wrote Zodiac, anyone who has seen that flick would know to have a bit of faith.

Method Man
Old 05-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #19
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

I don't know man. Something tells me it's the end for this franchise. They would have to make a pretty good script with quality actors to erase the failure part 3 was.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #20
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
Well Spiderman 4 and apparently 5 are being written by the guy that wrote Zodiac, anyone who has seen that flick would know to have a bit of faith.
And Spider-Man 3 was written and directed by the guys behind Spider-Man 1 & 2, and look what happened there.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
Old 05-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #21
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Nebulus View Post
I don't know man. Something tells me it's the end for this franchise. They would have to make a pretty good script with quality actors to erase the failure part 3 was.
Spiderman 3 was not the big disaster people make it out to be. In terms of box office it was huge and the highest grossing spidey flick.

Yes story wise it was a mess and badly implemented, but it was a far cry from Batman & Robin and warners was able to comeback from that.

Method Man
Old 05-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #22
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
And Spider-Man 3 was written and directed by the guys behind Spider-Man 1 & 2, and look what happened there.
Yes but everyone knows he gave in to studio pressure to include Venom which was a huge reason why the film sucked because it fucked with the story structure.

Method Man
Old 05-20-2008, 10:50 AM   #23
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
Spiderman 3 was not the big disaster people make it out to be. In terms of box office it was huge and the highest grossing spidey flick.

Yes story wise it was a mess and badly implemented, but it was a far cry from Batman & Robin and warners was able to comeback from that.
Yes, I'm totally aware that it did huge on the box office. Personally, they could have done alot better than that. They should have saved Venom for the next sequel.

Don't remind me of Batman and Robin lol. They came back by going back to the begining and starting fresh. Batman Begins is the best super hero flick since the orginal Batman from 89 in my opinion. I'm really looking forward to The Dark Knight. But hey I'm with you here....I do hope Spiderman can be great again.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #24
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

Personally, I'd rather see a new superhero get a big budget film than have endless Spider-Man films though.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #25
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
Personally, I'd rather see a new superhero get a big budget film than have endless Spider-Man films though.
Thats happening anyway...why not have your cake and eat it too.

Method Man
Old 05-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #26
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

I dunno, I don't reckon a large portion of the supposedly forthcoming superhero films will see the light of day. Simple fact is, they aren't gonna release 5 big budget super hero films all in one summer cos they most likely wouldn't all be big at the box office as they'd be competing with each other too much.

Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 05-20-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #27
TAURO
El Don of this shit

But we get at least 3 superhero flicks a year, I wouldn't complain with that.

Method Man
Old 05-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #28
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

Definately not. I'm just pissed that there aren't more animated ones that are of high quality.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #29
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ I think most animated superhero movies are wack. That's probably what you mean though.

I'm looking forward to the 4th movie, Zodiac was definetly one of the best movies this year and I liked the 3rd Spider-Man.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #30
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

Yeah that's what I meant. You have to wonder why they can't make them good given that they already have a shit load of great characters and stories, they already know the style needed and what everyone will look like etc. all they have to do is adapt it and get some good voice actors.

I can only think of 'Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm' and 'Justice League: The New Frontier' that I actually thought were good. Gotham Knights looks class though.