news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 05-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Lead In Prince Of Persia Cast

Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton (Getty Images photos)

Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton will star in "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time," Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films' adaptation of Ubisoft's popular video game. Mike Newell is directing.

In the fantasy adventure, Gyllenhaal will play Dastan, a young prince in sixth century Persia who must join forces with Tamina (Arterton), a feisty and exotic princess, to prevent a villainous nobleman from possessing the Sands of Time, a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

Doug Miro & Carlo Bernard, Jordan Mechner and Boaz Yakin wrote the script, which is based on the many games created by Jordan Mechner.

Bruckheimer is producing, while Mike Stenson, Chad Oman and Patrick McCormick are exec producing.

Production is set to start in July.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

well this movie might be screwed you know how hollywood does when they adapt things its either really good (like Iron Man & Batman Begins) or really horrible (like bloodrayne, mortal kombat,street fighter,etc.)

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:13 PM   #3
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

What I want to know is why hollywood thinks it's still ok to cast white people in ethnic roles.....that may have been the way in the sixties and what not but that shit just don't play right with me.

Method Man
Old 05-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #4
VZA

Gonna be a piss poor film.

JAKE FUCKING GYLLENHAAL?!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
TAURO
El Don of this shit

But he's not a shit actor, far from it in fact, I just think he's wrong for the part.

Method Man
Old 05-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
What I want to know is why hollywood thinks it's still ok to cast white people in ethnic roles.....that may have been the way in the sixties and what not but that shit just don't play right with me.
Thats what I'm saying man. A lot of movies are like that. Hollywood just doesn't know how to cast characters.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:33 PM   #7
VZA

Quote:
But he's not a shit actor, far from it in fact, I just think he's wrong for the part.
Yeah that's what I mean.

Don't get me wrong, the guy's well past having to prove his ability. Donnie Darko, Jarhead, Zodiac, he's a perfectly capable lead actor, but he certainly shouldn't be in prince of persia.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #8
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

They will probably Persianise Jake for the role. Brown him up abit.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #9
Dirty Knowledge
Banned

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Quote:
Right.

Looks more like the Prince of Wales.
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:31 PM   #10
Storm
Vatican

Storm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killa

Quote:
That's what I'm thinking.

Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #11
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

King Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venoms

shouldn't they have casted a persian, or at least someone that looks persian, say like a cuban or something?

King Tron 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:52 PM   #12
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

haha Prince of Wales...then Zeta Jones should play the chick..eloels.

UNRELATED BUT, BEWARE:
https://soundcloud.com/frieza-saga
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:57 AM   #13
Wu-Tality
Metal Gear

Wu-Tality grasshopper

They should atleast have gotten that Indian Bollywood chick! Anyway, the story in Prince of Persia isn't really that awesome to make a movie about it. I will be surprised if it will work out.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:58 AM   #14
Eternal360z
At your sisters house

Eternal360z grasshopper

Quote:

Like there are no Persian actors... Shit makes me sick...on a side note, Persian broads are banging!!!!
Eternal360z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:10 AM   #15
TAURO
El Don of this shit

I actually have a friend who is persian and a proffesional actor, he would have been perfect for the role too, lets just say the news pissed him off.

Method Man