news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 05-23-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default The Official "I Just Watched Indiana Jones" Thread

I don't even know where to begin with this one but let me just tell you it FUCKING SUCKED!!.....

What the hell has happened to Spielberg?...he must have been high when he agreed to direct this piece of crap, and he must of been seriously trippin when he made it. Before I get into this I just want to let people know that I grew up watching Indiana Jones and I love all three of the previous movies, I wasn't expecting this one to live up to the standard of the earlier ones but I at least expected an exciting adventure story...how wrong I was, I think the best way to explain my issues with this movie is to break it down into segments so here we go....

The Characters.
Harrison Ford although he's a bit past it he still managed to shine as Indie, he felt like the classic Indie that had clearly been through alot since we last saw him.

Shia (Transformers, Disturbia) Labouf was also decent as Indie's estranged son Mutt, at first I thought I was going to hate this character but he worked well interacting with Harrison.

The rest of the characters were plagued by one note performances and virtually no character development, it was so basic it was borderline school play. I honestly did not care for any of them and actually at one point got annoyed because Ray Winstone's character (played Indie's sidekick) began mentioning their adventures during the second world war and I just found myself wishing they had made a flick of that adventure as opposed to this shoddy film.

The SFX
Ok one thing I will say about Spielberg is that he knows how to make exciting action sequences, his car chases and stunt work is brilliant, but some of the (completely unnessesary) cgi work are just plain awful, cgi monkeys people, CGI MONKEYS!!
Also most of the outdoor scenes looked incredibly fake, it just felt like they were all done on sound stages which for someone as visual as Spielberg it just looks downright amataur.

The Story
This is the real clincher, without giving too much away what I will say (and this is not much of a spoiler) is that it involves FUCKING ALIENS and yes it sucks as much as it reads. This film is littered with plotholes, crappy dialogue and complete and utter stupidity. I know that Indiana Jones should be given some leeway with regards to plausability but this film was asking way too much from me.

Overall this was an incredibly weak movie by a so called powerhouse of a director and was certainly not worth the wait, I wish they had never bothered.

1.5/5

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man

Last edited by TAURO; 05-23-2008 at 10:59 PM.
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 06:09 AM   #2
Reiko
King Of The Jungle!

Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

hah thanks for the info won't even download that shit
Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 06:27 AM   #3
SikoCeLL

SikoCeLL crouching tiger

You kidding me?? fuckin' sick film.. well i liked it.
SikoCeLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 06:29 AM   #4
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Nah, watch the film.

Russian Commies got mad because of it - +1000000000000 G.O.D. points.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 06:39 AM   #5
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

Can't be worse than Temple Of Doom... can it?

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:10 AM   #6
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Actually, it is. But Temple of Doom ain't bad.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:12 AM   #7
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

I never really liked it...the mistake Spielberg made with that movie was not using Denholm Elliott and John Rhys Davies...too bad he couldn't use Elliott anymore for the new one but come on...Ray Winstone? He's a very good actor but Indy movies need atleast Sallah

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
Irondan 2: Curly's Gold

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Temple of Doom may have been the worst of the original trilogy, but i still think its pretty badass.

I just saw the new one and it was ok. It was a cut below, but still a good flick.

I pretty much agree with everything Tauro said, but I felt like he was a little harsh in his final rating.

Harrison Ford was solid and I didn't hate Even Stevens as much as I thought I would. Not great, but solid action scenes and decent effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

mmmmmmmmm thanks for the comments I was actually going to see this with wifey today but wanted to wait for some online reviews first and the copy I got online is a little too blurry for my taste will wait for an R5 copy to come out...the TS version is too blurry for me. Guess those free tix I got will have to wait til Dark Knight drops

click the sig if you vatican status
NAKHI the SOLORIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:48 PM   #10
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't know if this was clear to people or not but this thread is for everyone to drop their reviews and opinions, not just comment on mine. I like to make threads for everyone not for everyone to just pay attention to me lol. Feel free to drop your thoughts on the movie, I like to read other peoples views too.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:53 PM   #11
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

Lmaooo I hope this flick is good.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #12
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

It did have some bad points, like the unexplained and underdeveloped Ray Winstone character and his relationship with Indi and also the monkey sequence. I thought the good parts made up for those parts though. Harrison Ford doesn't look too old to do the role, and the supporting cast were excellent. The fact that the story involves aliens or "interdimensional beings" as a braindead John Hurt calls them doesn't really take any credibility away from it. Its no more ridiculous than the holy grail business in The Last Crusade and we already know by now that Spielberg and Lucas are obsessed with aliens. I would recommend the flick, just take it for what it is, an action packed revisitation of old themes and characters created lovingly by 2 legendary Hollywood players.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #13
CYENCE
Veteran Member

CYENCE shaolin monk

Movie was entertaining but by far the most ridiculous of all the movies. I say it's worth watching. But halfway through it'll start feeling like "Episode VII: The Adventures of Han Solo and R2-D2"

Some of the parts that had me both smh and rofl due to outright stupidity/outlandishness:

-Indy surviving a nuclear bomb by hiding in a refridgerator and being blasted into the air for a mile, landing, opening the fridge and walking out as a cgi gopher stares in amazement

-Shia Lebuf riding two Jeeps through the jungle with his legs. He had Jeep skiis.....but obviously when you balance on two speeding cars with your legs one moment and fight with a mad Russsian chick on top of the cars the next you're bound to eventually lose balance and fall off. But no problem...he grabs a vine and swings through the jungle with a mob of cgi monkeys to catch up the cars. Then his monkey comrades attack his enemies

-the lady knowing that she can just drive off a cliff because she knows the tree branch on the edge of the cliff will catch the car, then bounce back up and smack the trailing bad guys

..that's just a couple of things.....oh yeah 65 year old Indiana Jones>>>Prime Muhammad Ali & Tyson combined when it comes to scrappin, and he has the agility of a 22 year old Bruce Lee on top of that

I didnt have a problem with the aliens being involved for the most part, they shoulda ended it a little better though...6/10 overall. 3rd best ahead of Last Crusade

Last edited by CYENCE; 05-27-2008 at 12:53 PM.
CYENCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #14
STYLE

the link in in the bootleg cinema. see for yourself.

i knew it was gonna be about aliens eversince i saw roswell in the trailer.

the movie was dumbed down due to the new generation of idiots that have to be able to comprehend it.

but i thought it was good. i liked the alien plot. it just lacked the plot focus of the previous films. too much in too short of time. 1/2 the plot should have been cut.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #15
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I actually thought this was iiiight typical of what I expected from an Indiana Jones flick...

a little bit of wtf?
a little bit of who is that?
a little bit of ah ok but not in real life would that ever happen
a little bit of something to think about

action was good but not over the top
story was good but left me questioning some things
the selection of co stars was good(I like Cate Blanchett)

overall 7/10 IMO would recommend this for d/l on your nearest pirate site......lol

click the sig if you vatican status
NAKHI the SOLORIAN is offline   Reply With Quote