news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 05-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #16
-The A to the Z-
Veteran Member

-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey

damn....I was always against this trend of exhuming old series(-plural), but I'm surprised it's gone so well so far.

Haven't seen this yet, but I'm still going to, regardless of the apathy, because my Dad really likes Indiana Jones.

And no matter what people say, I like Temple Of Doom.....it's the most Western exposure us Brown people got for a while before shit started exploding.....even if both exposures were a bit

'.....'
-The A to the Z- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:44 PM   #17
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYENCE View Post
Movie was entertaining but by far the most ridiculous of all the movies. I say it's worth watching. But halfway through it'll start feeling like "Episode VII: The Adventures of Han Solo and R2-D2"

Some of the parts that had me both smh and rofl due to outright stupidity/outlandishness:

-Indy surviving a nuclear bomb by hiding in a refridgerator and being blasted into the air for a mile, landing, opening the fridge and walking out as a cgi gopher stares in amazement

-Shia Lebuf riding two Jeeps through the jungle with his legs. He had Jeep skiis.....but obviously when you balance on two speeding cars with your legs one moment and fight with a mad Russsian chick on top of the cars the next you're bound to eventually lose balance and fall off. But no problem...he grabs a vine and swings through the jungle with a mob of cgi monkeys to catch up the cars. Then his monkey comrades attack his enemies

-the lady knowing that she can just drive off a cliff because she knows the tree branch on the edge of the cliff will catch the car, then bounce back up and smack the trailing bad guys

..that's just a couple of things.....oh yeah 65 year old Indiana Jones>>>Prime Muhammad Ali & Tyson combined when it comes to scrappin, and he has the agility of a 22 year old Bruce Lee on top of that

I didnt have a problem with the aliens being involved for the most part, they shoulda ended it a little better though...6/10 overall. 3rd best ahead of Last Crusade
I just watched it and I LOLed at everything you said. It's all so true.
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #18
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The whole alien plot reminded me of The Pyscho-Social CD. I'd explain but I don't want to spoil anything.

....(which doesnt even make any sense. If you dont want it spoiled, why would you enter the "I just watched Indiana Jones" thread)
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:56 AM   #19
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

I enjoyed it but....

The characters played by Blanchett, Winstone and Hurt just seemed to me really unimaginatively formulaic and played out. We had 'tongue in cheek baddie overacting wildly and doing silly european accent', 'America's idea of a cockney rogue' and 'the man who's been lost in the jungle and now has long hair/beard and jabbers incoherently but has some hidden sense behind his ramblings'. All three came across to me like they couldn't be bothered to write those parts so just cut and pasted from the lazy filmakers guide.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 05-28-2008 at 08:13 AM.
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:45 AM   #20
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Damn, well im still really looking foward to seein this. I fuckin LOVE the first three films (temple of doom, not so much), and i knew this wouldnt be as good, but i just wanted a dope adverture story.

Not so sure about the alien thing though, il have to wait to see, i loved the whole ancient/religious shit that went on in previous films. As far fetched as the holy grail was, it was a fantastic story that i think captivated everyone because of the mystery and wonder of religion, and the whole alien thing is a bit cheesy in my opinion. Like i said ill have to wait to see it to reserve my judgement

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:25 PM   #21
-The A to the Z-
Veteran Member

-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
'the man who's [...] now has long hair/beard and jabbers incoherently but has some hidden sense behind his ramblings'.
Come on now, we're all Wu-Tang fans here.........I think we can accept this element.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:29 PM   #22
-The A to the Z-
Veteran Member

In relation to the movie, I expected something aite and I got something aite.

It was bit dry and creaky, but it just had that 'whatever, it's fun' kind of feel.

Wasn't to keen on having aliens in Indiana Jones, and I wasn't prepared-having seen none of the trailers or promotional material, but the story itself gave me a kind of old-school sense of excitement.
Implausible as hell, so I learned to accept that after about 20 minutes in, and I'm glad for it.

To put it simply, it's forgettable but fun, but shouldn't have been an Indiana Jones film.

Also, you see that barfight?
Them 50's cats was raw.....I always thought they were some leather jacket wearing rebel gits....

(Plus Mutt should have receieved some good old fashioned parental beatings)

Last edited by -The A to the Z-; 05-28-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:00 PM   #23
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

My review: Indiana Jones delivering more of the same. With use of more modern SFX.

Had stupid moments, had moments that had me cracking in laughter, had some political thought... A bit more clumsy than flicks before, but OK.

The only scene I straight hated was that girlfriend of his immediately falling in love again... for the rest of the life. Pretty tacky thing for a Spielberg movie.

7.5/10
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #24
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irondan1 View Post
Temple of Doom may have been the worst of the original trilogy, but i still think its pretty badass.
that one was by far the best for me...the FIRST ever PG-13 flick...

and btw...this movie did NOT suck, it wasnt amazing, but it was. def a good film...not the best in the series...but again...did not suck.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:36 AM   #25
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

I walked away feeling like it was real mediocre and something I would've rather rented,

the fridge, the monkeys, etc I realize its a summer movie and somewhat mindless on purpose but everything realied too much on CGI coupled with a paper-thin plot

I say 5/10---a rental at best

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #26
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Alot of you are far too forgiving of this film, you let your nostalgia and love of the previous 3 to dictate your view on this film, it was FLAWED, FLAWED, FLAWED. There was virtually no magic to this film and george lucas's nasty fingerprints are all over this piece of tripe film making. The bad points far outweigh the good and I will never forgive the inclusion of cartoon like cgi gophers.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #27
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

For me it's usually the opposite. I'm usually too harsh on films like this cos of my love of the previous ones.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
Old 05-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #28
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^well theres a first time for everything isn't there?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:24 AM   #29
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

I dunno, I give it 6/10 at best. Don't think there's much misty eyed viewing there.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:56 PM   #30
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
Alot of you are far too forgiving of this film, you let your nostalgia and love of the previous 3 to dictate your view on this film, it was FLAWED, FLAWED, FLAWED. There was virtually no magic to this film and george lucas's nasty fingerprints are all over this piece of tripe film making. The bad points far outweigh the good and I will never forgive the inclusion of cartoon like cgi gophers.
better than Rambo.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote