news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 08-20-2005, 04:26 PM   #31
Chief 'Broom
Veteran Member

Chief 'Broom shaolin monk
Default Re: U-God > ODB

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh back to the platter at hand. I see.. Yes. ODB fo sho. He gots more than just a tight voice for rapping. You smell me?
Chief 'Broom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 05:22 PM   #32
Dante
Devils never cry

Dante grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via Yahoo to Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cm0ney
did you hear Reunited? he had the best verse on the best song from CD 1.
Wrong, GZA took that song, and it's the 2nd best next to "A Better Tommorow" (IMO)

Anyway, i like U-God more than ODB, when it comes to lyrical shit. But when it comes to entertainment ODB is the most entertaining in the whole Clan
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 05:26 PM   #33
Dante
Devils never cry

Dante grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via Yahoo to Dante
Thumbs up Re: U-God > ODB

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggahappy187

"I wanna see blood, wheather its period blood or bustin ya fuckin face SOME BLOOOOOOD"
Best fucking line ODB ever spit...first time i heard that i busted out laughing
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 06:23 PM   #34
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal360z
I'm sick of kids saying that U-God is garbage while they give ODB (RIP) crazy props. Yeah ODB was spontaneous and entertaining but come on!! Besides all the crazy shit, his lyrics were garbage - and I'm a fan his. U-god has not put out anything on the level of odb (I mean screaming over a track or recycling the same song 45 times...). Even U-gods rhyme flow is more consistant than ODB's. It's almost like after 36 Chambers (ODB's Strongest) and part way through Return to the 36 Chambers, he just gave up. So in conclusion, ODB = very entertaining artist but no lyrics, U-God = Very lyrical artist, not very entertaining. Go listen to Forever and tell me this isn't the truth but also we'll see what both of their latest attempt yield <as he steps down from his soap box>

Yea, I like pussy and you like dick, people opinions are gonna be different but don't belittle OD fuckin B to prove it.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:42 PM   #35
9th Warrior
The Poet You Never Were

9th Warrior crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 9th Warrior

i like ODB a lot more than u-god. the only verses that u-god spit that impressed me were on da mystery of chessboxin and severe punishment. otherwise i think ODB is better cuz hes on the wildd crazy hype shit and he also has hidden meanings in his lyrics.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:28 PM   #36
talassi
Veteran Member

talassi shaolin monk

man u-god was one of the best on Wu Forever

check verses on Severe Punishment, Its Yourz, Impossible, and many more
talassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 08:36 PM   #37
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

a agree with the thread starter on how ODB isnt known for his lyricism. he has some good verses here and there but he's pretty mediocre on the mic for the most part. he more than makes up for it with his charisma. u-god is far batter on the mic than the dirt dog.

ODB had a lot of help for his first LP. his second album was crap without all the wu production and wu guests.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 09:19 PM   #38
Frank Drebin
shaolin shadowboxer

Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ODB is one of the main reasons for Wu-Tangs early success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
then she started telling me that she can't drink house drinks or cheap vodak, that it has to be ciroc or patron or else she gets sick. Bitch you better guzzle this Bartons and take an advil.
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 09:21 PM   #39
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

Quote:
I'm sick of kids saying that U-God is garbage while they give ODB (RIP) crazy props. Yeah ODB was spontaneous and entertaining but come on!! Besides all the crazy shit, his lyrics were garbage - and I'm a fan his. U-god has not put out anything on the level of odb (I mean screaming over a track or recycling the same song 45 times...). Even U-gods rhyme flow is more consistant than ODB's. It's almost like after 36 Chambers (ODB's Strongest) and part way through Return to the 36 Chambers, he just gave up. So in conclusion, ODB = very entertaining artist but no lyrics, U-God = Very lyrical artist, not very entertaining. Go listen to Forever and tell me this isn't the truth but also we'll see what both of their latest attempt yield <as he steps down from his soap box>
FUCK OFF............

.......ODB had more charisma in his doodie than U-GOD will ever have..........ODB's style was that of crazy and raw dude
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 09:29 PM   #40
Eternal360z
At your sisters house

Eternal360z grasshopper

^^^

An I agree.

All I wanted to say was that I hear alot of chatter about U-god being aweful and that he isn't as underated as people think. ODB was my MAIN motherfucker back in the day. I bought Return to the 36 the day it droped but U-god has com a long way. I'm just talking about the rhyme structure and such. ODB reminds me of this drunk cat in the hallways when I was growing up spitting knowledge but in the same breath making no sense you know what I mean. U-god sounds like he tried more at times. When I say he has recylcled lyrics OMG its funny how a wu fan can't know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about his guest apearences and such. Even listen to the 1st song on Nii***a please and tell me you haven't heard that elsewhere. But either way, maybe a bad comparison cause I love em both, but Baby-U earned his stripes none the less.
Eternal360z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 09:44 PM   #41
PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
DEVIL BASTARD!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal son

Quote:
U-God = Very lyrical artist
The guy that spits one word sentences with the skill of a dyslexic?

wow........................ u got low standards
Old 08-20-2005, 09:46 PM   #42
Eternal360z
At your sisters house

Eternal360z grasshopper

As far as his structure...yeah
Old 08-20-2005, 09:50 PM   #43
PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
DEVIL BASTARD!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal son

well.... 2 each his own
Old 08-20-2005, 09:52 PM   #44
Eternal360z
At your sisters house

Eternal360z grasshopper

no doubt
Old 08-20-2005, 09:58 PM   #45
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch prodigal sonPunch prodigal sonPunch prodigal sonPunch prodigal sonPunch prodigal sonPunch prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literate Type Asshole
u-god is dope, but if you prefer him to odb you dont have a soul. fuck that "very lyrical" bullshit...

-there's more to MCing than lyrics. for real, anyone who thinks rapping is only about lyrics has never been near a mic.
-odb's lyrics are a hell of a lot more creative than the generic blah blah religious allusion blah blah swinging swords blah blah the ghetto is mad dangerous son blah blah put out by so called "lyrical" cats like killarmy and sunz of man.
-all in together now has crazy lyrics. as do odb's verses on ghetto superstar. as does his verse on reunited. as does just about everything on return to the 36 chambers. noone else writes lyrics like odb, just like noone raps like odb. period.
-u-god's hardly a lyrical genius. he comes up with some nice stuff every now and again but his shit is often very awkward.
This is serious.

It doesn't matter if U god has better lyrics or not. ODB is just alot more fun and interesting to listen to. His first album is one of the most unique Hip Hop albums ever.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote