news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 06-16-2008, 01:44 AM   #1
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to brown_dogg
Default the happening's a joke

There's no way you can take that movie seriously.

First off, the premise: the people are getting killed by trees. I think M. Night makes some dope movies (I'm one of the few that liked The Village), but this movie's a joke, and I think it was done on purpose.

The script was wack!! At first I thought it was just a few lines, but it kept coming. And the acting was just as wack. Marky Mark's a good actor, but his shit looked forced in this movie, and fake.

I think M Night wanted it to be like on that purpose. Like a b-horror movie or somethin, cheesy lines and cheap thrills.

When you think about it, i think it was cheesy like that on purpose. It had some seriously funny moments too, like his pharmacy story and when he's talking to the plastic plant.

Shit was a joke, on purpose. I don't think M Night lost, i think the critics did for not catching that.

And who else sees the old woman as an allegory for the earth...
"Don't touch what's not yours"
"You're trying to steal from me. You're trying to kill me in my sleep."
dope.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:34 AM   #2
CuzinBilly
PRODIGAL SUN

CuzinBilly Sinister snakeCuzinBilly Sinister snake

i feel what ur sayin. i though it was a comedy at parts. i enjoyed it for the most part......did anyone else see the mic at the top of the screen i seen that shyt in at least 15 different scenes i though it was done porpusely.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:04 AM   #3
STYLE

this was another classic from m.night. just watched it online.

those who thought it was dumb might not get the subtleties of his plot devices.

the same can be said of lady in the water, another great film.

some folks need everything spelled out and wrapped up in neat lil packages.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #4
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

my sister who lives out in LA told me that people were booing after it was over.

Still havent seen for myself yet tho
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #5
Guarded By Martyrs
There R No Strings On Me

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Damn^
Thats pretty deep.

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:33 AM   #6
Guarded By Martyrs
There R No Strings On Me

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post

those who thought it was dumb might not get the subtleties of his plot devices.

the same can be said of lady in the water, another great film.
"Lady In The Water" is one of my all time favourite films.

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #7
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

I have to see this flick before I can make a judgement. But I have to say that M. Knight's movies has fallen off lately. Unbreakable is still my fav flick by him.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #8
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i saw it last night. i thought it was good. although the end scene was so very necessary or else i would have thought it was not even close to being as good.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:39 AM   #9
TheCat

TheCat Village Idiot

i am really scared to watch this movie after LADY in the Water am really put off by M night.

i do admire that he is very creative and original, but at times i feel like he has a BIG EGO and thinks he can not be touched, someone needs to work with him on his scripts and shout What The Fuck???
TheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #10
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I haven't watch Lady in the Water, but I think I might. People either say that movie is absolute garbage, or it's one of their favorites.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:21 PM   #11
LORD ZERO
THE SHADOW DRAGON

LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to LORD ZERO Send a message via MSN to LORD ZERO Send a message via Yahoo to LORD ZERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
LINK?
LORD ZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #12
whitey
Wu Vatican

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dogg View Post
There's no way you can take that movie seriously.

First off, the premise: the people are getting killed by trees. I think M. Night makes some dope movies (I'm one of the few that liked The Village), but this movie's a joke, and I think it was done on purpose.

The script was wack!! At first I thought it was just a few lines, but it kept coming. And the acting was just as wack. Marky Mark's a good actor, but his shit looked forced in this movie, and fake.

I think M Night wanted it to be like on that purpose. Like a b-horror movie or somethin, cheesy lines and cheap thrills.

When you think about it, i think it was cheesy like that on purpose. It had some seriously funny moments too, like his pharmacy story and when he's talking to the plastic plant.

Shit was a joke, on purpose. I don't think M Night lost, i think the critics did for not catching that.

And who else sees the old woman as an allegory for the earth...
"Don't touch what's not yours"
"You're trying to steal from me. You're trying to kill me in my sleep."
dope.

very perceptive my son... http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movi...lan/index.html

M. Night says its the best B movie ever made.