news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 06-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default The Official "I Just Watched Hulk 08" Thread

Well well, it looks like Marvel managed to pull it off...again. It seems Marvel really took a hard look at Ang Lees' Hulk, realised what a bit of a fuck up it was (even though I still enjoyed it) and made a very noble attempt to give us the Hulk movie most of us really wanted.

First of all I just want to get this out of the way, The Incredible Hulk is not as good as Iron Man. It's not really the movies fault per say, it's just that Bruce Banner is no Tony Stark so he lacks the certain charisma that made Robert Downey Jr in the role so enjoyable to watch. This is not to say that Edward Norton did not put in a good performance, on the contrary he was is brilliant, giving the character the intensity that was needed, you could feel the sense of desperation as Banner desparately tries to find a cure for his condition only to be met with failure again and again. Tim Roth as Emil Blonski (Abomination) gave a good menacing performance although far from his best and I did feel his role was a little underwritten, I just never fully understood his reasons for decisions he made but it was an otherwise interesting character.
William Hurt as General (Thunderbolt) Ross was great, his reasons for wanting the Hulk may have been obvious but his real motivation was alot more personal giving him a lot more layers which I think people will discover in time with repeated viewings.

The sfx in this movie in my opinion were fantastic, Hulk looks twice as good as he did in the previous film, some may argue that he still looked fake or whatever but I was truly immersed in this Marvel universe....Thats right Marvel Universe. There are loads of geek refrences for you to spot along with a surprise visit by a now well known character.

The story was pretty straight forward, it simply moved from point A to point B and it worked, the movie never gets bogged down with exposition, it just gets on with it to a very satisfying conclusion.

Overall this was a great film with good characters and plenty of top action, Marvel has easily made amends from the last film and I would rank this one in the top ten best superhero movies, solid all the way.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This is for everyone by the way, drop your comments and your own reviews too.

Method Man
Old 06-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

But still I dont get it. How can they just act like the first one never existed. I went to the first one at the cinema, paid my money, and they want me to go do that again, just because? nah. thats some BS. The OG one wasnt more than a few years ago, it wasnt amazing, but it was acceptable. Why should I trust this one wil be any different.

When I first saw the ads for this it was like Groundhog Day for REAL. When it was clear it wasnt a sequel, but still by Marvel, I was looking around me at other people like hold on, didnt we just have this film?

Hollywodd is getting lazier and lazier.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
But still I dont get it. How can they just act like the first one never existed. I went to the first one at the cinema, paid my money, and they want me to go do that again, just because? nah. thats some BS. The OG one wasnt more than a few years ago, it wasnt amazing, but it was acceptable. Why should I trust this one wil be any different.

When I first saw the ads for this it was like Groundhog Day for REAL. When it was clear it wasnt a sequel, but still by Marvel, I was looking around me at other people like hold on, didnt we just have this film?

Hollywodd is getting lazier and lazier.
They don't completely ignore the previous flick, if you remember that one ended with Banner in South America, this movie opens in Brazil. It's not a re-do but it isn't a sequel either.

Method Man
Old 06-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #5
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

I personally liked the other flick myself but I'm sure this version will be done better. I might peep it tomorrow and then give my review.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

yea ill watch, i was going to anyway...glad u think its cool.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

jus watched it.

i liked this flick. better than the first, the hulk looks better than it did in the first. the CGI is really good.

a good popcorn flick i would say.

i liked the ending. there will be one big sequel.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #8
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

I heard Ironman & The Hulk are gonna have a big fight... some comic boy told me
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:42 PM   #9
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

Pissed I'm on nights so can't go see this til next week.

I don't think the original was a bad film, but it wasn't the film they should have made. A film about The Incredible Hulk shouldn't be handled by an arthouse director. He's great at what he does, but was totally wrong to be in charge of a Hulk film.

I'm looking forward to this one, although from the footage I've watched the Hulk doesn't look particularly convincing. That's not really a comment on this film, but more that CGI still hasn't really pulled off making human or humanoids look believable facially.

Definately gonna go see it next week though and I love the fact they're linking them all together in order to set the scene for The Avengers film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
I heard Ironman & The Hulk are gonna have a big fight... some comic boy told me
I think that's gonna happen in the Avengers film.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:52 AM   #10
STYLE

watched it on the plane this afternoon via chinese bootleg.

i like how this one was true to the tv series down to the lonely piano sndtk.

the intro was an updated tv intro.

they even addressed my "how does he keep his pants?" question.

the ang lee version had better action sequences esp hulk vs the military scene but this one was much better in terms of a viable script and fuller char dev.

cap america...?

avengers is gonna be crazy!

thor is an avenger too right?

smh....this is gonna be epic.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:27 AM   #11
wuswordz95
Veteran Member

wuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken masta

does liv tyler get naked?
wuswordz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:05 AM   #12
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Yes, full frontal open legs.

Method Man
Old 06-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #13
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

^^ Don't forget about the fingers as well....

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #14
wuswordz95
Veteran Member

wuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
Yes, full frontal open legs.
hell yeah im gonna peep it.
wuswordz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #15
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

I'm going to go see the movie tomorrow, but I must ask, I am 18 so I really don't know everything, is Antman in the avengers too? and who's dropping next, are they gonna do a Thor movie or just jump straight to the avengers flick?
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote