news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Tha Carter III
Classic 5 7.04%
A 2 2.82%
B 16 22.54%
C 13 18.31%
D 9 12.68%
F 26 36.62%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2008, 11:33 PM   #31
Come Honor Face
Veteran Member

Come Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkey

I decided I had to listen to this. I have always hated Wayne's voice, and flow, but decided to give it an honest listen. I did, and honestly, this is utter garbage in every way shape and form!!!! What a horrible rapper!!!!
Come Honor Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #32
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embryonic Crusadah View Post
I decided I had to listen to this. I have always hated Wayne's voice, and flow, but decided to give it an honest listen. I did, and honestly, this is utter garbage in every way shape and form!!!! What a horrible rapper!!!!
Serves you right for listening to someone you already made up your mind about.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud
hide1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #33
derek41
SLIMEY SAVAGE

derek41 crouching tigerderek41 crouching tiger

One of my potnas likes Lil Wayne alot, and I have never really listened to him, because I usually don't listen to artists with a lil' in front of there names. I respect my potnas opinion so I gave this Carter 3 a spin, actually 2 spins. This album is just not good. The beats are sub-par and to commercial sounding, and this dude is nust not a good rapper. My opinion is that this album is great for teenage white girls and neandrathals, but everyone else should avoid. I wish I did.
derek41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:16 AM   #34
Kongcrete

Kongcrete grasshopper
Default Kongcrete Debut Album Is Available Now!!!

Tha Carter III is not that bad! There's some interesting hip hop on it. It's quite original.

Highly anticipated Kongcrete self-titled debut album is now available in stores!!! This is serious Ghetto Rock music straight from NYC streets! The album was mastered by the one and only Vlado Meller (Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Public Enemy, and more) of Universal Music Studios. Go to www.myspace.com/kongcrete to check out some music!!!

Last edited by Kongcrete; 06-21-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Kongcrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:03 PM   #35
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

What a place to do advertisement.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #36
Suga Duga
1%

Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
What a place to do advertisement.
lmao

all the 'artists' on this forum are just too much
Old 06-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #37
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Wink

For an album with so much sales expectation on it before it was released, its amazing for me that theres 5 songs on here without a hook and were basically just freestyled.

3 Peat
(prod. Maestro)
For me the highlight of the album, maybe. I just thought Wayne ripped this. Good example of his flow that everyone talks about.
5/5

Mr. Carter
After many listens, ive changed my opinion on who had the best verse, I think wayne took this now. On first listen you think Jigga murdered Wayne, but after a while Waynes charisma on this takes over and Jiggas gets a little boring.
4.5/5

A Milli (prod. Bangladesh)
2nd song without a hook. just pure playing with words.
4/5

Got Money
I skip this everytime. It doesnt sound mixed right and doesnt fit with the rest of the album.
2/5

Comfortable
(feat. Babyface, prod. Kanye West)
LOVE this hook, Babyface did hsi thing here, this is so addictive.
4.5/5

Dr. Carter
(prod. Swizz Beatz)
Cant front, Wayne ripped this, fresh concept, well executed.
4/5

Phone Home
(prod. Cool & Dre)
PURE WEEZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shouldda been more songs like this. This beat is intense!
5/5

Tie My Hands
(feat. & prod. Robin Thicke)
Real nice, the white mans D'Angelo elohel. Great verses from Weezy
4/5

Mrs. Officer
(feat. Bobby Valentino, prod. Deezle)
ERRRRRRRRRRRRMMMM WTF
2/5

Let the Beat Build (prod. Kanye West)
Worst Kanye beat i ever heard. I dont get this song.
2/5

Shoot Me Down (feat. & prod. D. Smith)
Incredible. Wayne is supposed to be rapping at his reflection in the mirror, the concept is amazing.
5/5

Lollipop (feat. Static Major, prod. Jim Jonsin & Deezle)
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, not actually as bad as everyone makes out, but i still skip it most times
2/5

La La (feat. Brisco & Busta Rhymes, prod. David Banner)
This is very close to being wack, but just about survives.
2.25/5

Playing With Fire (feat. Betty Wright, prod. StreetRunner)
Chorus is good, beat is too rock
3/5

You Ain't Got Nuthin' (feat. Fabolous & Juelz Santana, prod. Alchemist)
FAB TOOK THE BEST VERSE OF THE YEAR PRIZE RIGHT HERE
4.5/5

Don'tGetIt (prod. Rodnae & Mousa)
YAWN
4/5

FINAL IMPRESSION

Considering this is actually the Carter 4, as the OG one got leaked last year, its a great effort. if you mix the best OG Carter 3 tracks with this Carter 3, you have a classic.

8.5/10. As an album.

10/10 for the influence this album wll have on the game.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #38
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger

wayne rambles on about nothing for the majority of the album...some nice beats here & there but shit was terrible & corny to me

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:02 AM   #39
ubettahknow562

ubettahknow562 grasshopper

check it wayne has a awful voice like he's been dome in birdman ha ha i cant stand this lame...saying hes the best m.c in the world ha ha ha fuck this lame fuck....fuck lil gayne
ubettahknow562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:33 AM   #40
Paranoid
Venom

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

you aint got nothin on me is dope, stands out the most to me

only other songs i like are 3 peat, let the beat build, a millie

dr. carter and phone home(hook is annoying) are cool

mr. carter isnt necessarily bad, but i find it boring

thats pretty much it

id give it a 7/10
Old 06-27-2008, 11:45 AM   #41
spityogame

spityogame grasshopper

If you don't like the beat on Let the Beat Build, then you obviously aren't listening to it on a good system. That beat is hard.
spityogame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #42
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I listen all my music on headphones. That beat ain't hard, it sounds too amateurish to be. Sad because it's Kanye, the king of polished beats.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Old 06-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #43
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

^^^ I love the way that sample is used tho. It's so smooth
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:53 PM   #44
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

I can't feel it, man. It sounds like one of my first FL sampled beats I threw away because it sounded too disjointed.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #45
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Yea it does sound like somthin that could be easily done on FL, but regardless I like it. The way its looped and overlaps itself works nice
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote