news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

Old 06-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
derek41
SLIMEY SAVAGE

derek41 crouching tigerderek41 crouching tiger
Default Uncle Sam's Curse - Above the Law

Anyone remember this one. Classic G-Funk 9.5 /10
derek41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I didn't like Uncle Sam's Curse that much. Only songs i liked on the album are Return Of The Real Shit, Kalifornia, Black Superman, Uncle Sam's Curse, Who Ryde. I don't like any of Above The Law's albums and that's because most of their beats aren't good. I like some songs from their albums Black Mafia Life, Time Will Reveal, Legends, Forever Rich Thugs. I didn't like any songs on Livin Like Hustlers album. You should check out Big Hutch aka Cold 187's solo albums Executive Decisions and Live From The Ghetto. Those albums are pretty good. KMG did a solo ep album Ear Candy but i never heard it.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
derek41
SLIMEY SAVAGE

derek41 crouching tigerderek41 crouching tiger

I like the production most out of their music. Cold 187um was a great west coast cat. He was the west coast RZA in my book. Dark brooding funk.
derek41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Why doesn't this have more posts? This is a damn bangin album! I actually just copped a physical copy for $14!
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Westcoast rappers don't get a lot of love on here. So that's why this topic doesn't have a lot of responses. It doesn't matter to me what city rappers are from as long as the music is good. I think New York rappers think that just because rap started in New York that rappers in other cities aren't better than them LOL. I do think New York and New Jersey have the best rappers but Los Angeles and Oakland has some good rappers.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #6
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

^Yeah I hear ya, but this album should be gettin' some love. It's sadly overlooked imo.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Have you seen their videos Kalifornia and Black Superman from the album? If you haven't, go to Youtube and watch them. Also check out their Call It What You Want, V.S.O.P., Adventures Of videos if you haven't seen them. Cold 187 has a solo album that he did last year called The Solution i think. I saw a couple of videos from the album on Youtube and they're alright. I didn't know he was still doing music. I have The Solution on my list of the albums i wanna get from Amazon.com. The record label he's with is owned by white rap group Insane Clown Posse LOL.