news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: how do you rate this album?
5 - Masterpiece 4 11.43%
4 - Banger 15 42.86%
3 - Average/Decent 14 40.00%
2 - Weak 2 5.71%
1 - Wack 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Brooklyn Zu - Chamber #9, Verse 32

Brooklyn Zu - Chamber #9, Verse 32

01. We Comin' For Ya
02. Brooklyn Zu
03. Do it For
04. Blood is Love
05. Cold World
06. Knock Knock (f/ GZA)
07. Eat Ya Food (f/ Killah Priest & Masta Killa)
08. Baby
09. Pass The Mic
10. Party With The Zu
11. Get Dirty Some Beers [Skit]
12. Pour My Liqour
13. If I Had a Gun (f/ RZA, Shavo & Monk)
14. Put Ya People's On
15. Marvelous
16. Get That Cheese (f/ Shyheim)
17. So Much To Say (f/ 62nd Assasin)
18. Shut Ya Trap (f/ Prodigal Sunn)
19. Dirty (Outro)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Last edited by claaa7; 07-03-2008 at 06:20 AM.
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

my review spot..

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
klege
WuTang4Life

klege iron monkeyklege iron monkeyklege iron monkeyklege iron monkeyklege iron monkey
Send a message via MSN to klege

I was'nt expecting much for this album, i don't know why, but i got hold of a copy this morning and i got to say that i will be buying it to add to my collection. Hope this is a start of good things to come from the Zu.

"i'm engaged to a shotgun and it gets jelous"
klege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #4
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Maccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkey

Yo, from what I have heard now, really bangin album.... There r plenty of track that I like, beats r really good, I haven't checked lyrics so deep yet, so I won't comment them. I think I will listen to it for a few times more, and than drop my review of this album!

R.I.P Dirt Dog................

Peace..............
-suuuuuuuu///
Maccabee Ridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:52 AM   #5
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

18-brooklyn_zu-shut_ya_trap_(feat._prodigal_sunn)

Did I get a wrong version? thats what i have for track 18 instead of first things first/...can someone upload track?
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:35 AM   #6
Johnny Dust
I fuck you

Johnny Dust crouching tiger

A bit corny here and there with the beats and chorusses. They play it kinda safe, would've been better if the Zu overstepped some boundaries of hip-hop logics.

Nevertheless, this album is fresh and banging.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:21 AM   #7
claaa7
Killer Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
18-brooklyn_zu-shut_ya_trap_(feat._prodigal_sunn)

Did I get a wrong version? thats what i have for track 18 instead of first things first/...can someone upload track?
oh that's the one I got as well, just changed the first post.. don't know, I copied the tracklist from chambermusik so maybe there is 2 different versions of the CD. BTW, does the CD come in a paper-package (digipack)`?

Old 07-03-2008, 07:00 AM   #8
claaa7
Killer Bob

Do it For, Blood is Love, Cold World, Knock Knock and So Much 2 Say are superior, great fucking songs!

they should have cut this album to strictly 12-13 songs (that's the way I listen to it now) and it be a solid 8.5/10. now i'm generous when I give it a 7.5/10

Old 07-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #9
junius
ADEPT

junius Village Idiot

Very good but-- admit it-- the party tracks here are very G-Unit... good G-Unit, and ya'll can play 'em back-to-back with "Terminate On Site" without freaking anyone out. I don't blame these guys for that and they do it well but I'm glad it's mixed up with more of the Wu sound also. 8/10 however, and really, MOST of us thought this would be wack but it's a very nice package (BUY IT!!), very good production even in the G-Unit style (a JILLION times better than whan U-God or Cappa have tried to go mainstream), etc. Bravo!
junius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #10
famenchuan
Wu Vatican

famenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkey

weird that only one track was produced by buddha
famenchuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #11
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Maccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkey

Yo, I have expected much from this album, and I think I got what I wanted! This album is fuckin fire!!! As claaa7 said, there r bout 12/13 really bangin tracks, and rest r also good, but could be better cuz many reasons (some cuz production, some cuz lyrics...)! But I really like this album! Production is fuckin great! There r many dope beats! Also lyrics r really ill on few tracks! Also, guestlist is sick - GZA, RZA, Killah Priest, Masta Killa, Shyheim, Prodigal Sunn, Monk... Really ill! I'm only disappointed with GZA at Knock Knock! He was kind flowless! But anyway, I must say that this would be real classic if they cut off those 7/8 wack tracks, but as they didn't,and there r few simple thins I do not like, I will rate it most objective 4 - Banger!

Peace...............
-suuuuuuuuu///
Old 07-04-2008, 07:39 PM   #12
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

^^^Damn. 7-8 wack tracks is tooo much for a purchase.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #13
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
^^^Damn. 7-8 wack tracks is tooo much for a purchase.
Well not really wack! Th best way t describe them is that these 12/13 tracks will like every true Wu Fan, but for those 7/8, it is really different from person to person...............!
Old 07-04-2008, 11:41 PM   #14
Dissonance
CHICKEN HEAD

Dissonance drunken mastaDissonance drunken mastaDissonance drunken masta

I was really surprised by this. I wanted it to be good but had doubts especially seeing it's by multiple unknown producers. Despite that, it's a really good album. Some great beats, the Wu appearances are a real highight. Only negatives are that at times some of the Zu lyrically are just average and of course they put 2 wanna be radio tracks on it. There are times, like with a lot of wu fam albums ,when your mind will wander to how much better the clan would sound over the beats. Plenty of times when the ZU hold their own though.

Great tracks:
We coming for ya
Brooklyn Zoo
Do it For
Knock Knock: Really nice Rza beat nice Gza verse
Eat ya Food: Both Priest and Master Killa rip it up
If I had a gun: really good Rza verse
So much to say 62nd with another great guest appearance

Good Tracks:
Blood is Money
Cold World
Get that cheese
Marvelous
Put your peoples on

Ehhh:
Baby
Party with th Zu
1st things first
Pour My Liquor
Pass the mic( decent track but it's really a chi king track from his album)
Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:20 AM   #15
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee Ridah View Post
Well not really wack! Th best way t describe them is that these 12/13 tracks will like every true Wu Fan, but for those 7/8, it is really different from person to person...............!
Oh Aight, hook me up with a track.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote