news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Original S.I.N.
Classic 9 15.25%
Superior 21 35.59%
Banger 23 38.98%
Average 3 5.08%
Mediocre 1 1.69%
Wack 2 3.39%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2008, 06:44 PM   #61
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

how is it a classic lol, it's been out 4 a week.... ya'll niggaz be too hyped up over new releases, not saying it's bad, its definitely a banger, not classic though..
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:25 PM   #62
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

not to stomp on other's opinions, but i can't see this being called a "classic" either...

i absolutely love the album and its been gettin constant spins from me since it dropped but i would never label it a "classic"...

it does have a few tracks on it that I would call Classic (Daylight, Dead Flowers) but that's cuz I'm still gonna be blastin those songs 2 years from now for sure...

with all that said----you can call the album whatever the fuck u want, it's your own opinions....just don't wild out after hearing it a handful of times that's all..
Old 07-31-2008, 08:39 PM   #63
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm banging the album now, Planet in Peril beat is Classic, but Warcloud is soooooo wack on it, my fav. tracks right now are, the bronze solo joint, obey the statesmen and killa bee swarm.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:08 PM   #64
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
I'm banging the album now, Planet in Peril beat is Classic, but Warcloud is soooooo wack on it, my fav. tracks right now are, the bronze solo joint, obey the statesmen and killa bee swarm.
yea Warcloud didn't come like i thought he would

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:14 PM   #65
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

after having the album for a while and listening to it over and over.....

i realize the verse from that dude Born Sun on Rising Sunz (track 15) is one of the best verses on the album...he KILLS it on there
Old 07-31-2008, 10:01 PM   #66
famenchuan
Wu Vatican

famenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkey

did not like this. These mcs did not sound good togther. The album was just a mess with no direction.

m80 got a great ear for beats though. (better than most of the generals)
famenchuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:40 AM   #67
Fright
ADEPT

Fright crouching tigerFright crouching tiger

Im listening to Almighty album every day..this is really good, but its not classic
it got lot of bangers, when i first heard the album i bumped Handle The Heights,it was my favorite track,BUT "Rising Sunz" overtook it,i love this track

im not really into top hat rap

Favorites:

Handle The Heights
Daylight
Planet In Peril
Think Piece
Rising Sunz
Dead Flowers

One of the best albums in this year.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:14 AM   #68
NoSaidDate420
ADEPT

NoSaidDate420 iron monkeyNoSaidDate420 iron monkeyNoSaidDate420 iron monkey

i was disapointed with this disc. there is some decent material on it but it just doesn't live up to it's potential.

the bronze solo joint is my favorite track...aside from that the only joints i listen to are daylight, think piece, planet in peril, and dead flowers.
the rest of the tracks define exactly what i don't like about "backpack rap"...
Old 08-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #69
Hollow Dartz
Banned

LOL I feel u. It's a little better than most of that shit though...
Old 08-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #70
Konii blaze
kamouflage

Konii blaze crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSaidDate420 View Post
i was disapointed with this disc. there is some decent material on it but it just doesn't live up to it's potential.

the bronze solo joint is my favorite track...aside from that the only joints i listen to are daylight, think piece, planet in peril, and dead flowers.
Exactly what I feel

http://www.myspace.com/boombapmafiozos
Konii blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:02 PM   #71
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSaidDate420 View Post

Backpack rap??? Some of you throw around that term too easily.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud
hide1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #72
NoSaidDate420
ADEPT

NoSaidDate420 iron monkeyNoSaidDate420 iron monkeyNoSaidDate420 iron monkey

well how should i define it then? smart rap?? "underground" rap? indie rap?? we don't sell many records but we ill anyway rap???

i want to know how to properly categorize this album so that it will be satisfactory to your superior knowledge of rap sub genres.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #73
Snake In Eagles Shadow
Masked Avenger

Snake In Eagles Shadow iron monkeySnake In Eagles Shadow iron monkeySnake In Eagles Shadow iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
4. Come to Life Faster
performed by: Bronze Nazareth
produced by: Purpose of Tragic Allies
The beat is absolute butter, I love it. And surprisingly itís not even the Bronzeman but a cat named Purpose from an up-and-coming crew called Tragic Allies (I have a mixtape from them where they spit over all classic 4th Disciple beats, and Purpose also posts stuff in our Audio Booth subforum). I was hoping for more than one verse but itís still dope as it is. Bronze on here reminds me of his verse from To The Table off Thought for Food Vol. 1, just flowin crazily with plenty of dope lines. Even though itís pretty short (and I dono where the skit/sample comes from) itís actually one of my favorites on the album. I could bump this joint all day.
5/5

Peace, glad people is feeling the joint i did for bronze on there, expect to hear alot more from Tragic Allies in the near future!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #74
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

If this is a classic, then there must've been about ten other classics that dropped this year too.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #75
junius
ADEPT

junius Village Idiot

This album is TRASH-- I just deleted it from iTunes & felt liberated. Bronze is good but nothing he doesn't do better elsewhere.

M-80 is an embarrasment to white people with this KP cum gargling "12 tribes" idiocy; C-Rayz sucks now, Keith Murray is better ** EVERYWHERE ** else etc etc.

This was a waste of everyone's time & $$$, hard to believe some of ya'l are so desperate for 10th rate Wu stannery as to hype this crap...

The two real Mathematics albums are like "Wu Tang Forever" compared to this.

Even a pretty good record, like "Ol' Jersey Bastard" shits all over this on every level, not to mention the new Lil' Dap.

M-80, if you see this, You. Are. Fucking. Horrible. Stick to being a lawyer, PLEASE--

... or keep it "real" & rap about torts you insipid prick.
junius is offline   Reply With Quote