news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 07-31-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
SHAoLiN LoRD
OLDER G.O.D.

SHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkey
Default Almighty - New Wu-Tang Affil. Group....But, Same old story?

Ok, we all agree that this Almighty release is a breath of fresh air.

But, who else besides me thinks that this will be the ONLY release by this "New Wu-tang Affiliated Group"?

If I had to, I would bet my Cadillac..

I would love for them to drop some more, but we all know how these wu-affiliated groups work..

Last edited by SHAoLiN LoRD; 07-31-2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: spelling error
SHAoLiN LoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #2
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Black Market Militia, Wisemen, Wu-Syndicate, Every Night Is A Black Knight
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
Kick_Back

Kick_Back grasshopper

There will be an Almighty 2.

I'll gladly take your Cadillac when the album drops.
Kick_Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
pmack215
* Mighty Healthy *

pmack215 drunken mastapmack215 drunken masta
Send a message via Skype™ to pmack215

when did they ever say they were gonna do multiple projects? i never expected more, and it never occurred to me until i saw this thread.

i think this is just a "come together for this 1-time special" project. who is wu-affiliated in this group? only bronze & KP. (m-80 may do a little bit of work w/ some wu cats, but he's not a killa bee.)
if GFK & rae got together w/ nas, black thought, jadakiss, mos def to do a special album would it be considered a "wu" project? why not? there's 2 killa beez there!

so i dont consider it a wu release. i wish it never got that tag.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
SHAoLiN LoRD
OLDER G.O.D.

SHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick_Back View Post
There will be an Almighty 2.

I'll gladly take your Cadillac when the album drops.

Deal.....I have been paying way too much for gas anyway!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i felt like m-eighty was wack on the album, but other than that the shit is on point.

i wasnt expecting a second one, i thought priest had issues with m-eighty( heard it on an interview at wu-international.com w/ priest).

bronze gotta be the illest killa bee rapper AND producer right now.

peace
food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:19 PM   #7
A Wu Name
A Wu Fanatic

A Wu Name grasshopper

M Eighty aint wack on this album, that's just hating without good cause. Signed to Think Differently, that kinda makes you a killa bee. Whether you agree or not, look at it like this; he talks about being a killa bee, he makes an album out of respect for the Wu...Can't hate on the guy for that.
A Wu Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:07 PM   #8
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Maccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAoLiN LoRD View Post
Ok, we all agree that this Almighty release is a breath of fresh air.

But, who else besides me thinks that this will be the ONLY release by this "New Wu-tang Affiliated Group"?

If I had to, I would bet my Cadillac..

I would love for them to drop some more, but we all know how these wu-affiliated groups work..
This is more supergroup than group! they did one decent album and I don't expect more, but if they release it, it would be great!

Peace.............
-suuuuuuuuuu///
Maccabee Ridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:11 PM   #9
Hollow Dartz
Don't grab my jacket dunn

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

as long as m-80 is NOT on the next album...
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:15 PM   #10
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

M80 said that if they drop a second album it may not necessarily consist of the same line up, it was on that video interview that was posted.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:38 PM   #11
SHAoLiN LoRD
OLDER G.O.D.

sorry guys, maybe I WAS not clear.

I meant that we finally have a good lp by our clan. I wish this group would stick together for plenty more treats for us, but our luck is...they will not and they will dissolve just like every other decent group out of the wu. leaving this album as a tease...

But, I have to say one thing, it i lps by wu fam...it iss nice having a few new lps to rock from our wu affiliates. I am not stuck listenin to rennisance child and old sunz of man cds.

keep up the work, shabbaz, razah, priest, bronze etc
Old 07-31-2008, 10:19 PM   #12
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

m-8o on 'top hat rap" is the wackest shit i heard in a long time. everybody else was holding their own.

back to what one of yall was sayin, im sure the Wisemen r gonna come out with some new shit, so u cant place them in the same category.
food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:48 PM   #13
Kick_Back

Kick_Back grasshopper

Artist: Almighty
Track: Top Hat Rap
Album: Original S.I.N

-M80-

''Mention my name 'mongst the greats
I don't give a fuck what cha think or what's ya rank
I'm a general, and in general, I never generalize
On my enterprise watch as I rise
The Almighty, praises due
Peep my phrase as proof
Kinetic speech, reach, aim and shoot
And only hang with a famous few
Cuz too much of anything makes for loss of roots
Philosopho truth
Keep it a hundred, the 12 tribes, my one life
Seven deadly sins a fascade, compromise
Just breathe and count back from 10
The 13th letter got em' fiendin' again
With just the ink from my pen
The reverend within is a rebel
Unorthodox Paradox Mentally boxed like Fort Knox locks
To calibrate your clock, tiget right precise
You know I'm nice plus polite, smile then serve you on the mic
You're Welcome
Used to push the powder like talcolm
Got caught up in the middle like Malcolm
Then found a new outcome
And how come, you don't want to see me on top
I give thanks and in turn I get props, The Almighty''

-Fuck everyone that says M80, the Almighty as a unit, or the disc is weak. Please make an album of this magnitude and when you do, let everyone at the corp have a listen. I never even met the dude but anyone with at least 1 good ear knows this shit is heat and the Almighty is definitely a top contender for album of the year!

Last edited by Kick_Back; 07-31-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Kick_Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:59 AM   #14
A Wu Name
A Wu Fanatic

A Wu Name grasshopper

Hating on M80 without cause? Unless I'm very much mistaken, the album probably wouldn't have existed without his involvement. Someone tries hard to make a Wu album we'll all love and then we shoot him down in flames regardless. Need to show some gratitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
as long as m-80 is NOT on the next album...
A Wu Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #15
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wu Name View Post
Hating on M80 without cause? Unless I'm very much mistaken, the album probably wouldn't have existed without his involvement. Someone tries hard to make a Wu album we'll all love and then we shoot him down in flames regardless. Need to show some gratitude.
One point that tends to get lost in these discussions is that 95% of the rap game would look silly trying to share mics with the likes of Priest,Bronze, and C-Ray Walz. One thing that puts M-80 in a better position than that aforementioned 95% of the rap game is that he had the intelligence to instead of saying "Let me put together an album featuring the likes of 50 Cent, Cam'ron, Memphis Bleak, etc," he instead went the route he did.

Either way...M-80 wins for putting together a project that shits all over most hip-hop that has come out, and will come out.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud
hide1998 is offline   Reply With Quote