news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 12-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #3886
patriquino
CHICKEN HEAD

patriquino shaolin monk

What are the chances of finding any of the remaining unknown samples from the classical era? I have been checking this thread regularly for the past 8 years or so, and its been a while since anything really big surfaced.
Perhaps the last time was ice cream, and thats at least 4 years ago. I suspect that people actually stopped digging. Either that, or that the new generation on here are too young to know how to get their fingers dusty.
patriquino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #3887
mikeatris
CHICKEN HEAD

mikeatris grasshopper

I got all the samples I needed to get. Even found the lost sample for The Sun a few years ago. Sort of burnt out with rap since I am older now so maybe people are burnt out with the lack of sampling that is going on now. No need to look for samples to songs that you don't listen to no more.
mikeatris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #3888
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

soob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkey

I'm young, but I'm still diggin'. Most of my finds as a digger can be seen on WhoSampled. To keep this topic alive, I'm givin' you the sample of U-God's "Dat's Gangsta".

U-God -- Dat's Gangsta (0:03)
Jerry Butler -- One Night Affair (0:11 and 0:14)
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)
soob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #3889
Cilvaringz
Super Moderator

Cilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of fury

It stops when the sample for KNOWLEDGE GOD is found !
Old 12-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #3890
Jammin
Veteran Member

Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

what about brooklyn zoo?
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:32 AM   #3891
Cilvaringz
Super Moderator

Cilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of furyCilvaringz fist of fury

yeah and that one!
Old 12-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #3892
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

soob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkey

Wasn't Knowledge God played?
I've always wanted to know what sample was used in "Method Man" song, but I think it might be hard to find 'cus RZA might've taken the piano and chopped it from whatever
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)
Old 12-03-2013, 04:46 AM   #3893
patriquino
CHICKEN HEAD

patriquino shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
It stops when the sample for KNOWLEDGE GOD is found !
Cilva, you have earlier claimed to be sitting on the cold world sample, which you never shared, unless its the known part (Plastic People- Frank Zappa).
Knowledge God is on my list too, together with M.G.M and Glaciers of Ice.
For a long time, tragedy has been a holy grail of mine. Many have suggested Roger Webb's Assassination, which it could be, but im not really convinced.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #3894
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

Glaciers... that's my Holy Grail.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #3895
Cilvaringz
Super Moderator

Glaciers is same sample as "As It Was Written". Still unknown though, very obscure.

Cokd World is from the 1956 Ten Commandments soundtrack. Forgot which song though
Old 12-10-2013, 04:15 AM   #3896
patriquino
CHICKEN HEAD

patriquino shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
Glaciers is same sample as "As It Was Written". Still unknown though, very obscure.

Cokd World is from the 1956 Ten Commandments soundtrack. Forgot which song though
Wow, thats some major news. How do you know that Glaciers is same sample as It Was Written? Did RZA tell you?
Old 12-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #3897
patriquino
CHICKEN HEAD

patriquino shaolin monk

By the way, here's the Cold World sample:

Elmer Bernstein
'Love and Ambition'
The Ten Commandments OST (1956)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJJy5mGd5qQ
Old 12-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #3898
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

That's sick !!!!! I already added it to WhoSampled's database
http://www.whosampled.com/sample/242006
Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #3899
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

What about
-the beat switch on Child's Play?
-Unspoken Word?
-It Must Be Bobby( this is especially frustrating since I have a file that contains that sample but it's not the whole song and the song's name is unknown)?
-Sunshower?

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #3900
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch View Post
What about
-the beat switch on Child's Play?
-Unspoken Word?
-It Must Be Bobby( this is especially frustrating since I have a file that contains that sample but it's not the whole song and the song's name is unknown)?
-Sunshower?
Do you still have it? Could you up it?