news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-28-2005, 11:05 AM   #31
Analyze
Veteran Member

Analyze grasshopper
Default Re: Mos Def marries white chick?

Maybe it doest matter to the people outside the USA, but here, shit like that boils beneath the surface esp. when your "pro-black". He lost a lot of cred. ifs it true. Peace

Wu Forever
Analyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:28 AM   #32
SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
PreDestinatioN

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN grasshopper

peace..,

instead of knockin the thread...,

He had a show up in Canada.., I wanna say in Ontario somewhere, my Wiz stays near T DOT. (tho Im the states).., and she is a big Mos Def fan..which makes sense nahmean..Mos Def is nasty with it pointblank. She did tell me he married some chick from Canada..and hardly even knew her that long yo. So the "rumor" sounds pretty accurate. Now the ethnicity of the chick he married..I got no clue. I'll ask some questions and see if I can get some further info.

regardless, if he did marry a caucasian., I'd be kinda shocked., that's just my opinion that I'm entitled to have being hue-man. It doesn't bother me, I could give a damn about what the next man does, and on top of that..Mos Def'z music has provided uplifting and articulate light for catz in areas where I'm from...those who listen to him atleast. I can respect his art., as an individual.., none of us know him..., so we really can't even comment nahmean. Tho, in person...he is a cool ass cat. That's all I know from personal experience. But, yeah I'd be shocked...., but then again...I could care-less about another man's decisions if they don't affect me directly. The only thing that could occur is..., it could hurt Mos def's reputation or credibility..., and depending on who you are...that could be a significant or insignificant issue.

and someone said somethin about "politically conscious" rappaz seem to be pro-segregation..? I think that is a misinterpretation..., there are SOME..definitely, but not ALOT. If the message is pro-black, don't take pro-black as being something synonymous with being a separatist..or even despising caucasians..., those sentiments have nothing to do with the original concept of being pro-black. Regardless...

respect.
peace.

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN

"The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear.."
SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:30 AM   #33
Skellington

Skellington shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to Skellington

So,should that be a problem????
Old 08-29-2005, 11:03 AM   #34
Analyze
Veteran Member

Analyze grasshopper

When I mean Pro-Black, I'm saying his music is socially conscience and he said shit that the black man needs to hear instead of that "ignorant nigga" shit.

Wu Forever
Analyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:49 PM   #35
RapLevelated
Fuck Jay Z

RapLevelated grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3beLuTionAry
your thread is stupid and on an ignorant/bias level.

Really? Please elaborate.

This is hilarious to me that so many of you are taking this thread the wrong way. So quick to jump up and start talkin bullshit.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:52 PM   #36
tajeco
Natureal

tajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken masta

he's a pretty good actor, i like the Italian Job

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco
tajeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:05 PM   #37
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta
Default Go

mos def is more orthodox muslim isn't he, so there isn't really anything wrong with race as far as i know.

but if it was nation of islam or 5% that's a big No no right?
________
Alaska Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

Last edited by Koolish; 03-24-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:12 PM   #38
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

I read in the paper yesterday that here's a rumor he's married to more than one woman.

but Who cares? if who some one is married to has an effect on the way you listen to their music, you are too foolish to be listening in the first place. Especially Hip Hop, where 90% of what is rapped about is not true in the first place.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:54 PM   #39
Queen Of Poetry
Veteran Member

Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolish
mos def is more orthodox muslim isn't he, so there isn't really anything wrong with race as far as i know.

but if it was nation of islam or 5% that's a big No no right?
That's the misconception.....from what I have read as far as the 5% way of life marrying outside ur race isn't forbidden.....I mean, our father taught a white man.

Queen Of Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote