news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: What do you rate this?
impeccable 0 0%
gold 3 42.86%
standard 1 14.29%
wack 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #16
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Not better than Reasonable Doubt lyrically though.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #17
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Not better than Reasonable Doubt lyrically though.
WHAAA?!?!?!? i dont know bout that. its imo of course but man , RD is still impeccable , he could release "can i live" today and it would be hailed as innovative.Lyrically ...
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #18
ShaDynasty

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by INF View Post
WHAAA?!?!?!? i dont know bout that. its imo of course but man , RD is still impeccable , he could release "can i live" today and it would be hailed as innovative.Lyrically ...
Yeah i think its one of the best albums ever lyrically. He seemed to dumb his stuff down after that.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #19
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

^I don't think Jay-Z ever topped RD in terms of sheer lyrical brilliance. In terms of MATW, RD, Illmatic, and RTD, how would you rate them from best to worst lyrically?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #20
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

whats MATW? I know RTD is ready to die

how I would put the ones I do know is this (best to worst)

iLLMATIC
RTD
RD
Old 09-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #21
KJR
Master Ninja

^It's Me Against the World
Old 09-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #22
INF
Digital @fterLife

oh okay hold up

IllMatic
Ready to die
Reasonable Doubt
Me Against the World
Old 09-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #23
ShaDynasty

Its too difficult. 'Lyrically' is a vague term. Their styles and goals of their songs are different.

RD is more philosophical and intellectual than the others. RTD is better in terms of overall songwriting and storytelling. Illmatic features a refined writing style for the most part that is more poetic than the others. MATW has lyrics that seem more relatable on a human level than the others.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #24
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Its too difficult. 'Lyrically' is a vague term. Their styles and goals of their songs are different.

RD is more philosophical and intellectual than the others. RTD is better in terms of overall songwriting and storytelling. Illmatic features a refined writing style for the most part that is more poetic than the others. MATW has lyrics that seem more relatable on a human level than the others.
That's true, lyricism can be defined in different ways. You think RD is the best album by Jay lyrically right Sosa? What do you think are his other best albums in terms of quality lyrics?

I'd say it goes like this:

1. Reasonable Doubt
2. Vol. 3
3. Black Album
4. American Gangster
5. Blueprint

@INF: That's a solid list, I'd only change RD and RTD's place.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #25
INF
Digital @fterLife

i got too much respect for Big and what he wasn't able to achieve , to put RD above RTD. If we coulda got even 2 more albums outta Big then I would possible be able to gauge that better
Old 09-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #26
ShaDynasty

Quote:
i got too much respect for Big and what he wasn't able to achieve , to put RD above RTD. If we coulda got even 2 more albums outta Big then I would possible be able to gauge that better
Yeah, i think out of the 4 albums, i listened to RTD more.

Also It Was Written might be better than Illmatic lyrically.

As far as Jay-Z albums? RD is a lot better than his other albums, the blueprint is very strong lyrically but a lot different from RD, most of his others blend together imo.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #27
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

Biz crouching tigerBiz crouching tiger

Haha I'm suprised I'm the only one who rated this as wack. Just because it's an old ass Jay-Z album doesn't make it a classic. Big Pimpin anoyed the fuck out of me when this album dropped. because they played the fuck out of that shit on the radio its a fucken stupid ass song.

Last edited by Biz; 09-06-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #28
INF
Digital @fterLife

its not because its his first album. its because he could drop it today and nobody would know the diff
Old 09-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #29
ShaDynasty

Quote:
its not because its his first album. its because he could drop it today and nobody would know the diff
Huh?
Old 09-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #30
INF
Digital @fterLife

look at the comment made by BIz