news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Protools
Classic 30 15.96%
Superior 82 43.62%
Banger 57 30.32%
Average 14 7.45%
Mediocore 3 1.60%
Weak 0 0%
Wack 2 1.06%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2008, 03:29 AM   #151
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

I think it's better than Fishscale.

Sorry. Can't compare any song off Fishscale to the 3 best of ProTools (Alphabets, Columbian Ties, Pencil)

But not better than Supreme Clientele.

#2. That's great. It should do great in sales too.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:44 AM   #152
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

Couldn't wait for my vinyl any longer so downloaded it. Fuckin amazing. Better than I could have hoped for. I still hate the beat for Paper Plate, I don't feel Ka and don't see why he put the live track on if he as gonna edit the swearing, but otherwise it's brilliant. This is one album that's gonna stay in rotation for me.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 08-20-2008 at 05:48 AM.
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:25 AM   #153
FasterBlade
Veteran Member

FasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venoms

screw more guests, the guy drops once every 3 years i want to hear as much of him as possible.

as far as post 2000 solos, its probably tied for 2nd with Fishscale behind NSD. i like this more off a the first few listens than i did 421 and Digi Bullett, and i love those records
Old 08-20-2008, 07:55 AM   #154
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1087 View Post
Yeah, not as good as Fishscale. Still though, it's #3 among the 21st century albums:

#1 Supreme Clientele
#2 Fishscale
#3 Protools
#4 Made in Brooklyn?
Aren't you forgetting No Said Date? Not to knock your opinion, but I've never heard of anyone preferring Made in Brooklyn over No Said Date.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud
hide1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:22 AM   #155
Sean
Wu Vatican

Sean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of fury

My copy still hasn't fuckin arrived, I really want to hear it. Anyone else order it from HMV? Where did everyone from the UK get it?

Oh and I noticed that it's #7 in Music > Hip-Hop & Rap > East Coast on Amazon UK, which is pretty good. Also, Wu Tang has 5 spots in the top 25 of that category, and Liquid Swords is the highest at #5

Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #156
ivan1087
Hip Hop Is Read

ivan1087 crouching tigerivan1087 crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hide1998 View Post
Aren't you forgetting No Said Date? Not to knock your opinion, but I've never heard of anyone preferring Made in Brooklyn over No Said Date.
Oh you're right. My bad. I meant NSD. Get 'em mixed up in my head sometimes, what with the similar looking covers.

But yeah, I'd definitely say:

#1 Supreme Clientele
#2 Fishscale
#3 Pro Tools
#4 No Said Date
#5 ???
Old 08-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #157
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE

^^ Why does everybody fail to say Grandmasters... That was the most banging joint since Supreme Clientele.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:27 AM   #158
ivan1087
Hip Hop Is Read

ivan1087 crouching tigerivan1087 crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectahChek View Post
^^ Why does everybody fail to say Grandmasters... That was the most banging joint since Supreme Clientele.
Mmmm.... It had hot cuts on it, no doubt. But as an album (as a whole), I personally don't think it holds up to others like Fishscale, and now Pro Tools....

Maybe time will be the judge of that..?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #159
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

very VERY dope,its so dope my old man likes it,and he absolutely hates rap music.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:19 PM   #160
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

alot better than i expected, alot of solid joints on there, great replay value, def happy that bronze is holding it down for the wu, "groundbreaking" is ill, "firehouse" is another 1 of my personal favorites, along with "alphabets" and "pencil".

p.e.a.c.e.

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:59 PM   #161
Below Zero
The Brisk Wind Fist

Below Zero grasshopper

One of the best General releases in a while.
Below Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #162
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

I just played the first 6 tracks and so far is sounding pretty dope. I have to give this a couple more listens till I make a review. Peace.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:26 PM   #163
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

I just heard the first track with MK and Rza it sounds pretty good.
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #164
Guarded By Martyrs
AllTheWorldWillBeYourNME

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Just "Pretty Good" Hollow ???

It's a Wu-Banga !!!!!!!!

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:57 PM   #165
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it's dope and all but i'm annoyed by how short it is....it should be considered an EP almost..

45 mins total but there's an Intro and 2 interludes....and then a recording of a live show (which is pretty cool tho)