news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Protools
Classic 30 15.96%
Superior 82 43.62%
Banger 57 30.32%
Average 14 7.45%
Mediocore 3 1.60%
Weak 0 0%
Wack 2 1.06%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2008, 05:45 AM   #46
Erquel
The Chef

Erquel drunken mastaErquel drunken masta
Send a message via ICQ to Erquel

i have a perfect idea for you
make Liquid Swords status album yourself and then decide which tracks to put on it
Erquel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:16 AM   #47
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this album is sharp dart man GZA goes in as best as we could have hoped for

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:35 AM   #48
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

just listened through it, this shit is better than I expected; liking it more than Legend of The Liquid Sword. GZA's flow is a bit improved from some of the other shit he dropped in the last years but it ain't '95 and will never be again.. production is on point throughout, the genius never had a problem with choosing beats ("come do me" was 18 years ago so i'll give him a pass)... this might grow more on me or sound less good after more spins, i don't know but on first listen it's a solid release...

8/10

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:37 AM   #49
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
just listened through it, this shit is better than I expected; liking it more than Legend of The Liquid Sword. GZA's flow is a bit improved from some of the other shit he dropped in the last years but it ain't '95 and will never be again.. production is on point throughout, the genius never had a problem with choosing beats ("come do me" was 18 years ago so i'll give him a pass)... this might grow more on me or sound less good after more spins, i don't know but on first listen it's a solid release...

8/10
i'll put it like this album is a solid 4 out of 5 stars or 8 1/2 out of 10 taking some points off for screwing up a track like firehouse that shoulda been GZA's

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:40 AM   #50
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

Check my review on page 3. I dropped my thoughts on every song.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:40 AM   #51
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i say ts a banger...based on the beats and the lyrics

the flow is ok

wish he gave it more attitude
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #52
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Was RZA rapping as Bobby Steels in Life Is A Movie?
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #53
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think people are too hyped up right now to actually give it a proper review, so far im not blown away by it but it's far too early for me to drop my definitive opinion. 4/5 reviews?.....let it sink in first people.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #54
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ it ain't fair to review the album at first listen but the first judgement is always important, and we can already agree that it's not a wack album.. this review thread will document how peeps will change there opinion from first listen to 20h and so on.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #55
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yes it's definately not a wack album.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #56
CYENCE
Veteran Member

CYENCE shaolin monk

"Firehouse" sounds just like a Mobb Deep track, Ka sound just like Twin

CYENCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #57
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

I feel where you're coming from Tauro and claaa7, but as I said, it's just me enjoying the album.

I'll give it a few more listens, and edit the review if I change my opinion.

PEACE to both.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #58
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I dont know guys I am on my 10th listen and I have not skipped a track yet.....I am loving this joint reminds me of the feeling I got when the first wave of Wu records came out...maybe cause I am older and I thirst for quality Hip Hop and this is so refreshing from the norm out there.

click the sig if you vatican status
NAKHI the SOLORIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #59
IronFingaz7
NOBLE SCITY

IronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkey
Send a message via AIM to IronFingaz7 Send a message via MSN to IronFingaz7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAKHI the SOLORIAN View Post
I dont know guys I am on my 10th listen and I have not skipped a track yet.....I am loving this joint reminds me of the feeling I got when the first wave of Wu records came out...maybe cause I am older and I thirst for quality Hip Hop and this is so refreshing from the norm out there.
I feel the same exact way, I'm still banging every track.

P.E.A.C.E.
IronFingaz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #60
deeznutz1981
PRODIGAL SUN

deeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
I find it funny that people are surprised to see a track that GZA doesn't spit a verse on. Have you not noticed that he's had a track showcasing others on every single album except Grandmasters AND Words From The Genius FIXED?

Ive noticed it before, I still dont get though WHY he keeps doing, if Im going to pay for GZA album, I want GZA. not Priest, Darkman, P-Sun or Ka.

Liquid Swords (Killah Priest)
Beneath The Suface (La The Darkman, Timbo King, Sunz Of Man & Trigga)
Legend Of The Liquid Sword (Armel & Two On Da Road)
Pro Tools (Ka)

Thats wasted GZA space
oh and you forgot to mention how Wisdom Body and Faster Blade were also wastes of Raekwon and Ghostface space. use your head next time you post.
deeznutz1981 is offline   Reply With Quote