news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

View Poll Results: Illmatic or Lifestylez
Illmatic - NAS 40 76.92%
Lifestylez ov da poor and dangerous - Big L 8 15.38%
they are both as good as each other 4 7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #16
venex
aka PROFIT

venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex

this ain't easy at all... I own both..

Illmatic is an album with more diversity, LOTPAD is really hardcore streetrap..

idk wich one to choose, like 'em both a lot, but illmatic definately takes it on the production tip
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:41 AM   #17
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lifestyles doesn't even come close lyrically
if you think lifestyles comes close in any aspect of life then illmatic is over your head, put it down homie
Old 08-16-2008, 11:46 AM   #18
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

TSA has spoken. Case closed.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #19
RevRes

RevRes Village Idiot

Neither is my favorite east coast album, but... I like illmatic more even though I happen to think Big L > Nas by a very wiiiiide margin.
Ultimately Nas wrote actual songs with loose but somewhat cohesive concepts, where as Big L was mostly just one liners and nothing else.
RevRes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #20
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I love both albums but this is a no brainer. Illmatic. Lifestyles of da Poor and Dangerous is a great hip-hop album but Illmatic is flawless.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #21
ZigZag
KEEP IT FLAVAS

ZigZag Sinister snakeZigZag Sinister snakeZigZag Sinister snakeZigZag Sinister snake
Send a message via AIM to ZigZag Send a message via MSN to ZigZag Send a message via Yahoo to ZigZag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
if you think lifestyles comes close in any aspect of life then illmatic is over your head, put it down homie
U SICK KID...

"I GOT STYLES U CANT COPY BITCH ITS THE TRIPLE SIX IN THE MIX STRAIGHT FROM H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS (L L)"

THAT IS VERY LYRICAL AND A VERY CREATIVE WAY TO SPELL TO L'S. BIG L LYRICS IS THE SICKEST ITS JUST NOT AS DEPTH AS NAS CUZ NAS DESCRIBES SHIT STORIES LIKE GHOST. BUT L PROVED HE CAN DESCRIBE SHIT VERY VIVIDLY ON HIS SECOND LP. L WOULD RIP NAS.

PLUS ILLMATIC ONLY REALLY HAS TWO HOT BEATS NY STATE OF MINE AND IT AINT HARD TO TELL.

ITS A TEN TRACK ALBUM AND I ONLY LISTEN TO LIKE 5 SONGS.

"CREAM PUFF NIGGA I NEED YOU, SO THEY CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND YOU"

ZigZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:50 PM   #22
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
whats your favourite song off lifestylez ? to say Big L cant touch nas lyricaly even on their debuts is bullshit, big L is da man with lyrics mang, he made 2 albums and gets shout outs all the time, him and big pun put in the least amount of work (on LP's) for the greatest amount of respect.

"aye yo you better flee hops - or getcha head flown three blocks"
R.I.P. Big L - word mother.
"i got the wild style - always been a foul child - my guns go BOOM BOOM and your guns go pow pow"

Last edited by NIGHT MAYOR; 08-16-2008 at 02:52 PM.
NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #23
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

one of the best freestylez eva spat.

"fuckin punk you aint a leader what - nobody followed you - you were never shit your muma shoulda swallowed you"

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #24
RevRes

RevRes Village Idiot

"Big L be lightin' niggas like incense
Gettin' men lynched to win tits
I'm killin' infants for ten cents
Cause I'm a street genius with a unique penis
Got fly chicks on my dick that don't even speak English
I'm makin' ducks shed much tears
I buck queers
I don't have it all upstairs but who the fuck cares?
I'm grabbin' brews takin' fast swiggas
I get cash and stash figures and harass them bitch ass niggas
After you you're gonna get scared next
And if ya squad flex
I'm lettin' off like Bernard Getts
A tech nine is my utensil
Fillin' niggas with so much led they can use they dick for a pencil
I'm known for snatchin' purses and bombin' churches
I get more pussy on accident then most niggas get on purpose
I got drug spots from New York to Canada
Cause Big L be fuckin' with more keys than a janitor"

Big L was lyrical, more so than nas even, his problem as someone else noted was his first cd wasn't diverse in sound or subject matter.

He showed his colors with his witt his rhymes and his ability to change up/speed up slow down flows on certain parts, but unlike other similar mc's such as chino xl he failed to show any substance.

killing verses is great, killing songs is another matter entirely.
RevRes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #25
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

wow indeed. And this thread was made by a vatican? lol come on doook. id expect more.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #26
SickT
Pretty Toney

SickT iron monkeySickT iron monkeySickT iron monkeySickT iron monkey

L can't be compared to Nas lyrically... All Big L did was Punchlines. He spat some of the dopest punchlines ever, but he didn't write timeles songs like Nas did. Plus Nas had better beats.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #27
Crackspace
The Best Ever

Crackspace Imbecile
Send a message via AIM to Crackspace Send a message via MSN to Crackspace

big L was garbage
4. BIG
5. 50 Cent

Crackspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #28
ZigZag
KEEP IT FLAVAS

ZigZag Sinister snakeZigZag Sinister snakeZigZag Sinister snakeZigZag Sinister snake
Send a message via AIM to ZigZag Send a message via MSN to ZigZag Send a message via Yahoo to ZigZag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickT View Post
L can't be compared to Nas lyrically... All Big L did was Punchlines. He spat some of the dopest punchlines ever, but he didn't write timeles songs like Nas did. Plus Nas had better beats.
UR SICK LISTEN TO THE BIG PICTURE N CAUSUALTY OF DICE GAME. L WAS VERY LYRICAL AND HAD MORE THAN PUNCHLINES.

PPL WHO SAY NAS IS BETTER THAN L OBVIOUSLY NEVER LISTEN TO HIM. ONLY CASUALLY HEARD HIM.

L CAM AND BLOODSHED WOULD RIP NAS HARDBODY

"CREAM PUFF NIGGA I NEED YOU, SO THEY CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND YOU"

Old 08-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #29
ZigZag
KEEP IT FLAVAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackspace View Post
big L was garbage
CRACKHEAD.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #30
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Maccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkey

Illmatic easily for me!
Maccabee Ridah is offline   Reply With Quote