news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 08-26-2005, 01:39 PM   #1
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury
Default Check Out These Old R&B Albums

A lot of these albums are outta print but you can order them at Musicstack.com for cheap. Here's a list of the albums that i've heard & i think you should check out especially if you're a fan of funk music like iam.

1. Dazz Band-Keep It Live, Joystick, Jukebox, The Hot Spot
2. Kool & The Gang-Ladies Night, Celebrate, Something Special, As One, Emergency
3. The Gap Band-Gap Band III, Gap Band IV, Gap Band V(Jammin), Gap Band VI
4. Zapp-Zapp II, Zapp III
5. The Deele-Street Beat
6. Con Funk Shun-To The Max, Fever
7. Raydio-Two Places At The Same Time, Rock On
8. Rick James-Cold Blooded
9. Cameo-Secret Omen, Feel Me, Alligator Woman, She's Strange, Style, Single Life, Word Up
10. The Commodores-The Commodores, Midnight Magic, Heroes
11. The Isley Brothers-The Heat Is On, Harvest For The World, Go For Your Guns, Live It Up, Showdown, Winner Takes All, Go All The Way, Between The Sheets
12. The Jacksons-The Jacksons, Destiny, Triumph, Victory, 2300 Jackson Street
13. The Jackson 5-ABC, Third Album, Maybe Tomorrow, Moving Violations, Lookin Through The Window, Dancing Machine
14. Jermaine Jackson-Let's Get Serious, Jermaine Jackson
15. Gladys Knight & The Pips-Visions
16. The Ojays-Travelin At The Speed Of Thought, Back Stabbers, So Full Of Love, Family Reunion, Ship Ahoy, Identify Yourself
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF
Default Re: Check Out These Old R&B Albums

Grew up on all these shits. You reppin them for the love or to sample? I tired of ppl sampling some a those. I keep my shits original. I got mad love for tha ol school though. Them Cameo albums was tight as fuck. One.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:54 PM   #3
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I'm reppin those albums for the love. I got a lot of those old albums on cd because i got this dude i know to burn me those albums off the internet since they aren't available to buy on cd. I don't listen to a record player that much anymore so i don't wanna order those albums. I'd rather have them on cd. Ya'll also should check out The Dramatics Shake It Well, Do What You Wanna Do, Any Time Any Place albums. Those albums are classics. On the album cover of Do What You Wanna Do, there's a picture of the group on a elevator with a black woman. The Dramatics have some funny facial expressions when they see this woman LOL. The album sleeve pictures shows each Dramatics member doing something sexual with this woman separately. When i saw those pictures, i couldn't believe my eyes because i've never seen pictures like that for a album.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:00 PM   #4
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Don't forget the Ohio Players and Roger's solo shits. Roger had that album cover with a lot of funny faces. Think its called the many faces of Roger T. My moms handed me all her old wax when she noticed how much I appriciated the ol days and missed them. I used to sample rare tracks like B-sides but then that shit got outta control so I stick to my original comps. One.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:11 PM   #5
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

I'm a Roger Troutman & Zapp fan. I know what album you're talkin about by Roger. The album is called Many Facets Of Roger Troutman. The hit songs I Heard It Through The Grapevine & So Ruff So Tuff are on that album. Roger was from my hometown Ohio but he was from Dayton, Ohio. I'm from Cleveland so i don't know how far Dayton is from Cleveland. I think the Ohio Players are from Dayton also. Slave is from Dayton, Ohio. Slave has the hits Just A Touch Of Love & Watching You. Steve Arrington who was the lead singer of Slave is a pastor now at a church in Dayton. He has his own website but i never checked it out. Ohio has a lot of funk bands. Dazz Band are from Cleveland, Ohio also. The Deele used to have their fan club address in Cincinnati. Babyface & LA Reid used to be in The Deele. I don't know if The Deele are from Cincinnati but i know Babyface is from Indiana. Midnight Star used to record their albums in Cincinnati but the group was formed in Kentucky.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:13 PM   #6
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Lakeside is from Dayton, Ohio also. I used to have their albums Fantastic Voyage & Untouchables.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:16 PM   #7
INF
Digital @fterLife

Man, it freaked me out when coolio took that. I remember me an moms heard it at the same time an just shook our heads. He snatched gangstas paradis from stevie too but I'm sure that you already know that. Good to talk to somebody that know they shit. One.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:25 PM   #8
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Coolio has a lot of old r&b samples on his debut album It Takes A Thief. He sampled The Isley Brothers Coolin Me Out song for Mama I'm In Love With A Gangsta song. He sampled Rufus & Chaka Khan's Everlasting Love song for Can O Corn song. He sampled Kool & The Gang's Too Hot song for his Too Hot song on his 2nd album Gangsta's Paradise. He actually had James Taylor who was the lead singer of Kool & The Gang singin the hook on Too Hot. When i heard James singin on the hook, i couldn't believe it was him because i hadn't heard him in so long. I'm one of Kool & The Gang's biggest fans & that's because i like James Taylor a lot. He has a nice singin voice & he never got the credit for Kool & The Gang being successful in the 80's. They didn't become successful until he joined the group. I wanna check out his solo albums. I haven't heard any of them. Skip Martin who used to be the lead singer of the Dazz Band joined Kool & The Gang when James left them. The group never recovered. Skip Martin is one of my favorite singers too. He has his own website. I checked it out a few times. I told him i really like the Dazz Band's albums & he told me thank you. He really appreciated that.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:29 PM   #9
INF
Digital @fterLife

Yup! Dazz band was tha ish. Whut about the SOS band? Pac got the hit em up sample from them. One.

<the Gap band too, they tore up shit.>
Old 08-26-2005, 02:38 PM   #10
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

2Pac didn't sample The SOS Band on Hit Em Up. That was a Dennis Edwards song he sampled called Don't Look Any Further. Black Sheep sampled The SOS Band's Take Your Time(Do It Right)song for Strobelite Honey song. Baby of Big Tymers also sampled that SOS Band song for his song with Toni Braxton. I forgot the name of it. I heard a song on Pete Rock's Soul Survivor 2 album that samples Dazz Band's Heartbeat song. I don't know the name of the Pete Rock song because i didn't buy the cd. I got my copy burned. The Gap Band definitely has a lot of funk classics. One of my favorite songs by them called Humpin is sampled by a rap group called College Boyz. College Boyz song is called Humpin too & it's on their Radio Fusion Radio album that came out in 92. The lead rapper Romany Malco of College Boyz is a actor now. He played in MC Hammer movie as MC Hammer, he played in new movie 40 Year Old Virgin & he plays on the new tv show Weeds that comes on Showtime channel.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:43 PM   #11
INF
Digital @fterLife

Sho nuff, u right on that sample. I was iffy but it made for good convo. How old are you C? One.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:49 PM   #12
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

I'm 28. My birthday is next month. I like that picture you got of Biggie in your sig. LOL@Biggie's skit on Ready To Die album before the song Friend Of Mine comes on. A girl on that skit is suckin his dick but before she does that, she tells him i don't know how to do this hahahahahahahahahahaha. He said just a little peck for daddy, just a little peck LOL. I wonder if that was Lil Kim on that skit. Fuck Me skit on that album cracks me up too because Lil Kim be calling him names while he's fuckin her LOL.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:01 PM   #13
INF
Digital @fterLife

" oh...you oreo cookie eatin muthafucka" lmao. Yup, Big was a loss that I feel everyday. It aint right when you grow up listening to ppl and then one day when u a shorty u gotta take tha news. It bug me out everyday cuz as I get older and realize more about life I see how fucked up it was that he had to die for that shit. Ob-la-di ob-la-da though.Right? One.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:05 PM   #14
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Yeah it's a tragedy that Biggie was killed. He was a very good mc. I didn't like his Life After Death album. I don't listen to that album at all. Ready To Die album is my shit though because he was so hardcore on that album. I think he got too mainstream on 2nd album & i blame Puff Daddy for that. I bet Biggie didn't wanna do those pop songs on 2nd album but Puff Daddy probably told him that those songs are gonna help his album sell a lot of units. Shit like that is the reason why i hate rap right now because too many rappers are doing bullshit songs to please their record labels & it's pathetic. Critics say hardcore rap is over but hardcore rap will never die. Biggie was his best at doing hardcore rap, not that soft shit that was on Life After Death album.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:50 PM   #15
Roman Deini
WuCorp Million Dollar Man

Roman Deini shaolin monk

charlie wilson (gap band singer) releasing an album soon. but damn i love that old shit more then what some young dudes put out now.

“Catch your dreams before they slip away. Dying all the time, lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?”
Roman Deini is offline   Reply With Quote