news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground

Old 08-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Default Disappointed with the endings of some video games?

Are there any games that you enjoyed playing, but when you got to the ending, you were like, that's it?

After I win a championship in sports games such as basketball, and football, the endings usually seem pretty lame to me. I won the NBA championship on NBA 2K8 for the PS3 a little while back. I enjoyed the game overall, and thought it was pretty solid. But when I won the championship, it was a quick flash of my coach standing by the trophy and that was it. You would think that they could have given a lot more celebration than that? It seems that the basketball games in earlier systems I beat had even more of a celebration than this pathetic one for the PS3.
netscape check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
P-Noid Brown
same ol' same ol'

P-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killa

hahahahaha what the fuck did you want a party in your living room!?
Old 08-05-2008, 02:31 AM   #3
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Noid Brown View Post
hahahahaha what the fuck did you want a party in your living room!?
Hahaha.

Yea, that's a dumb statement. Why would you want a "big" celebration. It's like, you're lucky they even spent a couple of days for doing the coding and the programming for the celebration scene. Hell, you're lucky people ever invented the computer... think about that.

Fuck a celebration.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:50 AM   #4
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

It's not a dumb statement, ya cheeseball. If you would have read what I said, the 'celebration' scene was about one second, which was the shortest sports game post championship scene I've seen before. And also the thread isn't just about sports game endings.
netscape check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:55 AM   #5
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
It's not a dumb statement, ya cheeseball. If you would have read what I said, the 'celebration' scene was about one second, which was the shortest sports game post championship scene I've seen before. And also the thread isn't just about sports game endings.
That's hairpulling. The ending of the game. I know it's not unimportant, but yo, why would you want an epic ending on any game.

I think of it as a bonus.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:22 AM   #6
Reiko
gwynbleidd

Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzah View Post
I think of it as a bonus.
than you're wrong 'coz it's an improtant part of game
Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:25 AM   #7
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

................of ANY game^???? I would've been pissed if Final Fantasy VII had a shit ending...............it didn't, but it could have. I guess the worth of the ending should be directly proportional to the amount of storyline involved in the game itself

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:25 AM   #8
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I hate how some of my favourite games almost don't have an ending [example: Broken Sword]

Shit happens.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #9
Ritter
'Section 9'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prim0 View Post
than you're wrong 'coz it's an improtant part of game
If you're thinking of the ending of the game, like a mission, or a quest or a final something something, something that leads to the sequel, like a cinematic or something, I wasn't referring to that.

I was referring to, like check2 said "Celebrations", maybe endgame cut-scenes... like that.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #10
Reiko
gwynbleidd

Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ops my bad.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #11
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

RagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killa

with sports game that understandable but there is a lot of games that either have a short ending or no ending at all and that piss me the fuck off i play games for 2 reason 1 for the entertainment of playing it 2 for the story and ending if i play a game i want to see how things end after all the bullshit one goes though can you believe some games after the final boss jumps to the credits goddamit i play no game to see the credits some games have endings but are too short a kiss a hug and a goodbye and thats it

there are few games that have great endings like MGS and FF series

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life
RagnaroK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #12
Reiko
gwynbleidd

And KOTOR
Old 08-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #13
Ritter
'Section 9'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prim0 View Post
And KOTOR
2nd best game ever, hands down.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:15 AM   #14
Jet Set
VogeltjesDansBende lid

Jet Set crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to Jet Set

Shenmue
So you play through 3 GD ROM discs and then end up getting on a boat and waiting for a sequel. Just when things was getting started. In de mean time SEGA cancels their Dreamcast production but your sequel is still announced. For this one Blue Moon in the history of gaming Europe gets lucky and gets a localization of the sequel while the US gets teabagged by Microsoft & SEGA. The game gets much more epic and action packed. Close to the end you feel something unravelling. It all goes a bit rushed on the last ,& 4th disc, and then.....you get a major opening, FREEZE FRAME, THE END, TO BE CONTINUED.
Ouch.

Halo 2
One night of gaming and I finished it. The ending sucked balls. Was this what I was waiting for? Damn.

Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy)
The game itself is unique in its way of storytelling. Feeling like the new age of old school games like Grim Fandango. The story goes great but at the end you feel it's all a bit too rushed. Too bad because everything was going great untill closing. The game maker himself acknowledged this. He is now working on Heavy Rain.\

On another note. Sometimes an ending can be crappy but it still gives you something new to be unlocked, thus it is forgiven. For me.
Sport games in general tent to dissappoint when finishing. A small flash of championship and that's it. Same goes for racing games. OR some times with a a victory lap.

What sucked for me was the ending of FFVIII. It was all a bit difficult to put the dots together. Or another thing is when you miss some bits and it goes by before you know because you was so into playing it.

Arcade games
GAME OVER
Please enter initials
New Character unlocked
now that can still be very cool. But the end movies are a bit bleh at times. Like with DOA. All that hard work for a few pretty pixels. Or a joke that is totally off.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #15
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i just beat gta4. i assume i got the worst ending. because it fuckin sucked.
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote