news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground

Old 08-29-2008, 02:57 AM   #16
Paranoid
Venom

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

it used to be you could only do a "ballista" which could only be done at certain times, its like a free for all battle

but i heard since i left ffxi they added a new area where you can freely pvp

but it cant beat wow's free roam world pvp and battlegrounds(capture the flag etc)
Old 08-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #17
Dokuro
Banned

Dokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killa

what i wanna know is has eny one beat Promathia
Dokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #18
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

Is that the boss of Promathia?
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:14 AM   #19
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to shaolinsword

I tried a free month on my 360, but I just couldn't get into it. It was boring killing rabbits non stop and getting destroyed by anything else
Old 08-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #20
Paranoid
Venom

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post
I tried a free month on my 360, but I just couldn't get into it. It was boring killing rabbits non stop and getting destroyed by anything else
it gets better, beginning is a bit boring doesn't last long though til you can join a party
Old 08-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #21
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta

heard the whole game is based on parties. but that makes sense though, being final fantasy and everything. just some people wished you could lone wolf it.

so long as it gets addictive, you've got yourself a decent online game.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:10 PM   #22
Paranoid
Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolish View Post
heard the whole game is based on parties. but that makes sense though, being final fantasy and everything. just some people wished you could lone wolf it.

so long as it gets addictive, you've got yourself a decent online game.
as a beastmaster(most effective) and dancer(least effective) you can solo through the game to lvl 75

apparently also you can now solo somewhat decently with any melee job with dancer as a subjob
Old 08-31-2008, 02:01 AM   #23
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to shaolinsword

I might get it again when I get a decent pc, it just didn't feel right on the 360. Most of my time will be taken up with WoW or Warhammer probably though
Old 08-31-2008, 02:09 AM   #24
Paranoid
Venom

Warhammer looks great
Old 09-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #25
Paranoid
Venom

But if anyone does decide to play this again, I'm in Alexander server
Old 09-09-2008, 12:24 AM   #26
Paranoid
Venom

In the new update today they added a new revolutionary system called "Level Sync" which allows forming parties to be incredibly easy

Level Sync is a party leader-activated system whereby the level of all party members is restricted to that of a designated player. When this feature is activated, all members of the party will be able to receive an amount of experience points corresponding to the level of the designee, regardless of any initial disparity between them.

The following conditions apply to the Level Sync system:

* Level Sync will remain in effect only within the area in which it is activated, and will automatically be deactivated for all members should either the party leader or the designee leave the area. For all other players jumping to new areas, synchronization will be deactivated only for themselves.

Activating Level Sync will cause the status enhancement effects of all party members to be nullified.

Since status effects such as Invisibility, Sneak, Protect, and Shell are canceled, please exercise caution when activating Level Sync, or when joining a party where the feature is presently active.
The details of the system are outlined as follows:

How to Activate Level Sync

Only the party leader can activate and deactivate Level Sync. Other players wishing to cancel their own synchronization can do so simply by leaving the party.

1) Form a party.

2) From the main menu, select "Party," and then "Level Sync."

Level Sync cannot be activated under the following circumstances:

* The designee's level is below 10.
* The designee is unable to gain further experience points.
* The designee is in a different area than the party leader.
* One or more party members currently have other level restrictions in place.
* One or more party members are participating in activities such as Ballista, Brenner, Besieged, or Campaign.

3) Select synchronization designee.
Doing so will cause all other party members' levels to be restricted to that of the designee. Players whose levels are lower than the designee will receive no adjustments. A red marker within the party status window identifies the player to whom the party's level is being synchronized.

The Level Sync status icon will then appear on each individual party member's screen, along with a status icon being displayed on the left side of each PC's name.

Please be aware of the following when engaging Level Sync:

* Skills cannot be increased beyond the maximum value for the player's restricted level while Level Sync is in effect.
* The "/anon" console command cannot be used while Level Sync is in effect. If the player is already anonymous at the time Level Sync is engaged, it will be deactivated.
* All pets other than wyverns will vanish when Level Sync is activated. Any monsters charmed by a beastmaster will be released with enmity intact, so care should be taken to ask them to "Leave" before activating Level Sync.
* Level Sync affects only party members. It has no effect on alliance members, nor can an alliance member be appointed as a Level Sync designee.
* The ability to ride chocobos is determined by the player's original level and unaffected by Level Sync.
* Unlike other forms of level restriction, the effects of abilities such as "Level 5 Petrify" are also based on the player's original level.

Image:VersionUpdateBullet.gifJoining a Level Sync Party
Level Sync will activate immediately for players in the same area as the party leader upon joining. Players in different areas will not undergo synchronization until they enter the area of the party leader.
Provided all conditions are met, Level Sync will go into effect instantly and automatically, so players seeking to join a Level Sync party should be aware of the party leader's location and the situation around them.

Deactivating Level Sync

Only the party leader can deactivate Level Sync. From the main menu, select "Party," then "Lvl. Sync Off." There will be a countdown period of thirty seconds, after which Level Sync will be deactivated for all party members simultaneously.

The following conditions will cause Level Sync to disengage automatically, for either all or individual party members.

* The party leader disbands the party.
* The designee leaves the party.
* The party leader or designee leaves the area.
* You leave the Level Sync party.
* You change areas (your level will be readjusted should you return to the party's area while Level Sync is still in place).
* The designee's level falls below level 10.
* Either the party leader or designee is the target of the spell "Tractor."
* Any member of the party takes on another level restriction, or partakes in an event such as Besieged or Campaign.

Experience

While Level Sync is active, players will receive 100% of the experience points they are eligible to obtain at their reduced level. Experience will not be gained, however, should any of the following occur:

* The designee is unconscious when an enemy is defeated.
* The designee is too far from the battle to receive experience.
* The designee has not completed their limit break quest and is unable to gain further experience.

The amount of experience lost when rendered unconscious will be based upon the player's level after Level Sync is in place.

* If the designee levels up or down while Level Sync is in effect, the synchronized level will automatically be updated for all party members.

Level Display

Whenever a Level Sync or any other level restriction is in effect, the player's actual level and experience point values can still be viewed via the "Status" option under the main menu.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #27
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

They have an update on the PS3 that will allow you to install the PS2 version on your hard drive.

I was thinking about getting back into this game, but it just eats up too much time.

I had a level 41 dragoon/warrior, I think, in my prime.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #28
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Some of charter clothes/armor designs are ill and some are just gay. I remember having some leg armor that beefed up the stats, but made my character look like a fag, so I could never use it.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #29
Paranoid
Venom

^lol you must be referring to a Subligar

Yea it looks gay but whatev, some have good stats

Don't use it or just deal with it til ya get an upgrade

As far as time consummation goes, with the new level sync system it doesn't take nearly as long to form a party

but you can still get addicted and play the shit out of it
Old 09-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #30
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
^lol you must be referring to a Subligar

Yea it looks gay but whatev, some have good stats

Don't use it or just deal with it til ya get an upgrade

As far as time consummation goes, with the new level sync system it doesn't take nearly as long to form a party

but you can still get addicted and play the shit out of it

That's the one.

You won't catch me running around any game looking like this.

I gotta keep it fresh.