news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #16
Chris
5th Chamber

Chris crouching tiger

It's a well known fact that that actually did happen to Joey. How else would he come up with such an intricate story? Do you think GZA wrote Grandmasters before ever picking up a chess piece? Step ya game up lil homie
Old 08-29-2008, 09:35 PM   #17
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

It's a well known fact that that actually did happen to Joey. How else would he come up with such an intricate story? Do you think GZA wrote Grandmasters before ever picking up a chess piece? Step ya game up lil homie

Lol omg I never said it wasnt true about Buddens, it was where you said GZA would never dare touch on topics like that. Reading comprehension is a fundamental, thats where I said maybe GZA didnt touch ground of those topics because it NEVER HAPPENED TO HIM IN HIS LIFE....so why rap about fake shit?.
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #18
Chris
5th Chamber

Chris crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
Lol omg I never said it wasnt true about Buddens, it was where you said GZA would never dare touch on topics like that. Reading comprehension is a fundamental, thats where I said maybe GZA didnt touch ground of those topics because it NEVER HAPPENED TO HIM IN HIS LIFE....so why rap about fake shit?.
First of all lil homie you need to step your grammar game up. Reading comprehension is fundemental*. Second of all I mean GZA just can't compete with these younger MC's that are breaking through these days. The fact of the matter is, Joey is out there spitting real shit that affects real people and GZA is rapping for 70 year olds that play chess
Old 08-29-2008, 09:52 PM   #19
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

buddens cool, i like him, but when u say hes better than gza for me its like saying buddens better than pac, better than big, better than kane and nas, i can't have that, gza for me is the 2nd greatest ever next to g rap, those lyrics from pump it up are ass, how can u even compare that to gzas legend of the liwuid sword title track, ur thread makes no sense, for me joe budden and game are comparable, i like em both but aint none of em coming close to gza
spiggity_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #20
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

yo man ur sayin joe raps about real shit that affects real people, so basically ur saying that real people get their sister raped and their dads killed? fuck outta here, didnt u hear pro tools where he has 2 songs about children basically self destructing, come on man ur arguements have no basis at all
Old 08-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #21
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

The fact of the matter is, Joey is out there spitting real shit that affects real people and GZA is rapping for 70 year olds that play chess

Then it does not matter now does it? If one raps to a certain age group, they will rap about what affects them in their generation or what they like etc, where another older rapper will possibly appeal to a different generation. You dont see Rakim, KRS, BDK talking about the same shit as Budden but doesn't mean they arent better than him. Difference in what they rap about does not shut out another rapper
Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #22
Chris
5th Chamber

Chris crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasjit View Post
buddens cool, i like him, but when u say hes better than gza for me its like saying buddens better than pac, better than big, better than kane and nas,
Come on, I'm not stupid. How can you think that Budden isn't better than Pac? The dude died like what? 12 years ago? He's irrelevant in the game today. Same goes for Biggie. They were good in a sort of gimmicky "oh shit they died under horrible circumstances so lets suck their dick" way, but they are overrated.

Quote:
i can't have that, gza for me is the 2nd greatest ever next to g rap, those lyrics from pump it up are ass, how can u even compare that to gzas legend of the liwuid sword title track, ur thread makes no sense, for me joe budden and game are comparable, i like em both but aint none of em coming close to gza
That is basically how I see it though, you mention Game who really stepped his game up lyrically on L.A.X.:

Courtesy of my Smith & Wesson,
I kill tracks like AIDS, nigga get infected

As far as metaphors and wordplay go, Game really raised the bar another level on L.A.X.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #23
Chris
5th Chamber

Chris crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
Then it does not matter now does it? If one raps to a certain age group, they will rap about what affects them in their generation or what they like etc, where another older rapper will possibly appeal to a different generation. You dont see Rakim, KRS, BDK talking about the same shit as Budden but doesn't mean they arent better than him. Difference in what they rap about does not shut out another rapper
LMAO there are no 70 year old chess players going out to buy albums lil homie
Old 08-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #24
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

like i can respect ur point of view but i cant put gza in the same class as budden, gza rakim big l and g rap are in the same froup for me, budden, joel ortiz, and the game are in todays good rappers class, i really didnt feel game until this year he's actually dope, and one of the few mc's to give big ups to the pioneers, even though he name drops a lot, which i don't even mind, it sounds dope that hes saying these guys' names lol but ya honeslty pac and big were good, they werent gimmicks, although the beef probably was.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:04 PM   #25
Chris
5th Chamber

Chris crouching tiger

Quote:
like i can respect ur point of view but i cant put gza in the same class as budden, gza rakim big l and g rap are in the same froup for me, budden, joel ortiz, and the game are in todays good rappers class, i really didnt feel game until this year he's actually dope, and one of the few mc's to give big ups to the pioneers, even though he name drops a lot, which i don't even mind, it sounds dope that hes saying these guys' names lol but ya honeslty pac and big were good, they werent gimmicks, although the beef probably was.
Yeah true true you won't find none of that shit in Jumpoff Joe's raps
Old 08-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #26
Jin10304
Veteran Member

LMAO there are no 70 year old chess players going out to buy albums lil homie

Im talking GZA's generation when he was rapping in the Early-Mid 90's (which none of them have even reach 70)
Old 08-29-2008, 10:31 PM   #27
sarr
ADEPT

sarr Village Idiot

GZA is at the end of his career

buddens is at the start of is

its unfair to compare the two right now
but yes, i admit buddens is probably the best or one of the best in the underground right now
sarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:13 PM   #28
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

its a joke of a thread.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #29
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
its a joke of a thread.

and not even a funny one

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 PM   #30
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

jesus h christ man i am sick of the insert rappers name here>>>gza and insert album here>>>protools..

if he did an album better than liquid swords half of you lame asses would still bitch about it...

im done ranting now...you like pro tools good if not thats your opinion