news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground

Old 09-18-2008, 10:15 PM   #16
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

id like to check it out. fifas got more choppy when it switched to 360. i used to be a monster at fifa on ps2 from 03-06 still pretty good at 07, 08. way too much of my college days were spent getting ripped and massacring kids. id like to see what 09 is like on ps3.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:30 AM   #17
HOSUKAYA7

HOSUKAYA7 grasshopper

PES, PES, PES. Why settle with something half arsed, when you can get a piece of art created by a dedicated team?. Me and the boys have played PES for ages now, and it just never gets old..

BTW I know a guy who is a professional FIFA Gamer. All he does is pick out the flaws in the programming and exploit them to the fullest (laaaame). I do not believe that is possible in PES
HOSUKAYA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:00 AM   #18
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonearm Terrorwrist View Post
anyone download the fifa 09 demo? ... i've heard it's more like euro 08 than fifa 08 ... having not played euro 08 i was told that games gameplay was superior to the sometimes sticky fifa 08 ... sounds like it's gonna be dopeness
I've been playing the Fifa 09 demo every day for the last week and it's getting pretty damn close to football perfection.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:10 AM   #19
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSUKAYA7 View Post
PES, PES, PES. Why settle with something
half arsed, when you can get a piece of art created by a dedicated team?. Me and the boys have played PES for ages now, and it just never gets old..

BTW I know a guy who is a professional FIFA Gamer. All he does is pick out the flaws in the programming and exploit them to the fullest (laaaame). I do not believe that is possible in PES
the last 2 PES games have utter horse shit ... fucking fan boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:27 AM   #20
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

FIFA is, has and always will be a pile of shit on a disc. I dont care how much EA promo teams try to push it harder each year as being better and better, and how much they pay sites for better reviews, FIFA looks shit, it plays shit, therefore it is shit. PES has worryingly been getting very slowly more and more similar to FIFA ever since PES4. I think the series may of peaked at WE10LE. I havent played the last PES08, because i couldnt see the point in doing so, theyve been the same for a while now and that one seemed to have bad reviews with it being on a new console.But im really excited about this new PES09, its got the Champions league thing going on, but i probably wont be palying it as I have a XBOX 360 and its only on PS3 I THINK???
Old 09-19-2008, 06:29 AM   #21
HOSUKAYA7

HOSUKAYA7 grasshopper
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonearm Terrorwrist View Post
the last 2 PES games have utter horse shit ... fucking fan boy
So much anger... Hmmm.. I agree that the last two games were a bit different from earlier versions, the latter being more attack oriented and the 2007 version a bit more defensive oriented. In my opinion this makes it more interesting for me as a player, getting an actual "new game" instead of lining up with the punters each year to buy yet another repackaged, broken-ass, fifa game. (which, in their defense, did actually get remarkably better, after they started biting PES)

Last edited by HOSUKAYA7; 09-19-2008 at 06:31 AM.
HOSUKAYA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:26 AM   #22
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

PES is a pretty fun game to play, but no version of PES plays like real football. It's too arcady and there's not much depth in the gameplay. Fifa 09 is more of a football simulation than any other fifas. A fun simulation.

I'll stick to Fifa and all you PES fan boys can just sit there and wish Konami would get some decent servers.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:48 AM   #23
Guarded By Martyrs
AllTheWorldWillBeYourNME

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

In my experience PES owns Fifa...

It's actually hard to score compared to Fifa...
Where it's simple and the movement of the players and so on is completly laughable.

If you want a challenge I would go with PES...
If you want to own the league go with Fifa...

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #24
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^Its not hard to score in PES. I regulary beat the COM on 5 stars by 4 or 5 goals. The beauty of PES is multiplayer.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #25
Guarded By Martyrs
AllTheWorldWillBeYourNME

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah but it's so more realistic compared to Fifa thats what I was getting at.

The goals resemble real goals...
And you generally have to put more effort in to score.

Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 09-22-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #26
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

^exactly. They are geniuses there at konami to do that. I dont think theres a more difficult type of game to make than a football game. to do it really well i mean.

FIFA has always been FIFA to me. Every year the reviewers come out and try to pretend its getting better, new shitty etc, but its always got the same engine, it will never be comparable to PES. They are totally different games.

The funny thing is though over the last 4/5 years theyve both been trying to copy each other in many ways.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:50 PM   #27
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

You obviously haven't played the 09 demo. I've watched many real life football games and the latest Fifa is a lot closer than PES 2009 in terms of realism.

I'm not saying PES sucks or anything, as a matter of fact it's a very fun game, but Fifa is so much more true to real football, plus they have the licences and names right and the graphics are better as well.

Another reason (for me) to get Fifa is the 10 vs 10 online mode. I played the 5 vs 5 mode in 08 and it's the shit.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:57 PM   #28
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

^
No i havent. But I think the graphics in FIFA games are always terrible.The players always look bent over and un-proportinal. They just look like dummys running around the pitch. The players rarely look like their real lifes either.

I love the PES grapichs.

PES have ALOT of the names now btw. Theyve got nearly all the kits apart from EPL. All the national teams have the correct names i believe.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #29
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

Fifa clearly has the upper hand when it comes to graphics. None of what you said I can agree on, especially not the bend-over-walking thing. And most players pretty much look like their real life counterparts.

On the gameplay I can only say, neither is better or worse. It just comes down to what you prefer and if you prefer realism, Fifa 09 is the way to go.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:56 AM   #30
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I might buy Fifa after all. The demo is nice.

Rame is offline   Reply With Quote