news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 08-19-2005, 08:19 PM   #1
wu gambino
Entrepreneur

wu gambino shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to wu gambino Send a message via MSN to wu gambino Send a message via Yahoo to wu gambino
Default Madden NFL 2006

I hope this doesnt get moved to general cuz it will be pushed to page 2 in minutes to make room for more of them free post threads.

Anyway, tell us your franchise or superstar story. ANd you thoughts on the new game.

Im doing the new superstar mode. My player is a QB. He was drafted in Round 2 by the Redskins and not the Jets. I went thru one season already with a record of 10-6. Lost in the divisional playoffs. I did win Rookie of the year tho! Im not really feelin this new mode. Im thinkin of finishing up my second year and going back to the good ol franchise mode. When you audition for a movie, its really lame. All you do is they show you three pages of the script, or 4 pages, and you have to remember the lines. And you only have 4-5 options with your agent. Complain for more play time, complain about coaches, guerentee a win/playoffs, announce retirement.

The new precision passing is dope. I love being able to lead the receiver in a pass. Ive read about peeps complaining over the difficulty in passing and its just bs. If you know what your doing, you wont get sacked, and if you know what your doing, the precision passing can work greatly in your favor.And the truck stick is nice too. Being able to plow thrru the D with your RB.

Arrived: July 13th 2oo3
Departed: April 16th 2oo8

wu gambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 03:28 AM   #2
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey
Default Re: Madden NFL 2006

Damn kid you must be playing on rookie if you like the new precision passing. It's a good idea but if you get a shitty quarterback, their shaded light sucks. I like these games to be real as can be and i just don't see throwing like that is fair for all players. Manning, Favre, Brady and Culpepper can easily throw for 400 yards in that game, but other guys will only throw for maybe 200 with at least 3 interceptions. Maybe I just need to get use to it.

I'm not playing superstar mode yet, but I messed around with it for a while. It looks pretty cool even though they stole the idea from ESPN football from last year. I started franchise mode, I made my own team, the Las Vegas Killa Bees. Overall though it's still a good game.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
wu gambino
Entrepreneur

wu gambino shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to wu gambino Send a message via MSN to wu gambino Send a message via Yahoo to wu gambino

Im not on rookie kid. Maybe you just suck at the game. Get use to it and like I said, it will be to your advantage. I like being able to throw where Im directing it, and not just press a button and have the computer decide how far ahead or behind to put it to the receiver. And I dont know how many minutes of a game you play, but I never get even 400 TOTAL yards. The beauty is if you dont like the precision passing, you can turn it off.

Old 08-21-2005, 07:17 PM   #4
36chambers
The People's Champ

36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta

Dont worry Gambino, all the Sports games will stay in here. I wouldn't want to sacrifice them to the hole we call General chat

BIG L Rest In Peace
36chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 09:18 PM   #5
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

im in the supersatar mode. got drafted 3 round to the panthers, im a wide reciever, we went 12-4 , won the superbowl, i got mvp, rookie of the year and other awards, i play on all madden. if any of u would like 2 play online hit me up
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:05 AM   #6
Treazon
A Threat to the State

Treazon grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Treazon Send a message via MSN to Treazon

my buddy got it and we played a few games the other day, i like it but until you get really used to the buttons its very frustrating..like hitting R1 instead of R2 to bring the QB cone to the reciever, then throwing a pick..etc.

football games have always sucked and always will, i just gotta accept that they'll never really be football, its impossible

fun tho, after you stop caring

Treazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:44 AM   #7
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

Yea another thing about precision passing is that you can't change your receivers route because of it, but you can always switch to the 2005 controller. Hey Wu Gambino do you have internet play? or anyone else?
Old 08-22-2005, 06:52 AM   #8
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

its a ok game...i stoped playing it the 3rd day i got it...lol..i dont play games to much
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:38 AM   #9
Roman Deini
WuCorp Million Dollar Man

Roman Deini shaolin monk

ncaa 06 > madden 06

“Catch your dreams before they slip away. Dying all the time, lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?”
Roman Deini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:31 PM   #10
wu gambino
Entrepreneur

wu gambino shaolin monk

^^ I agree with that. Madden has taken it every year till this year with flyin colors. But yea, NCAA 2006 is the best football game this year. Yo Deini, have you played it? Cuz I remember last year you said you couldnt get the game over there.

And no RynMur04 I dont play online.

Old 08-22-2005, 12:38 PM   #11
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

Does anyone still play nfl 2k5?
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:52 PM   #12
Roman Deini
WuCorp Million Dollar Man

Roman Deini shaolin monk

esco be sending me ncaa 06 next week haha. and madden gets released 16 september here. but from what i seen (vids and all) ncaa 06 gets my vote. but i can get ncaa tho, import.

“Catch your dreams before they slip away. Dying all the time, lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?”
Roman Deini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 01:00 PM   #13
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

I heard the best superstar to create is a QB or a WR, sometimes a RB and a TE.
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 01:11 PM   #14
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

no love for lineman?
Old 08-22-2005, 01:21 PM   #15
wu gambino
Entrepreneur

wu gambino shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Deini
esco be sending me ncaa 06 next week haha. and madden gets released 16 september here. but from what i seen (vids and all) ncaa 06 gets my vote. but i can get ncaa tho, import.
You talk to Esco still? Did you ever get the 100 bucks from him. Is he on the Corp, im never on. Tell him I said peace or sumthin.

And I think what Num2Son means is that those positions will get more popularity and movie roles ect. for the Superstar mode. Those positions are mainly the most popular in football, u cant deny that.