news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground

Old 09-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
WU-KILLAH
Commando Ultra

WU-KILLAH grasshopper
Default Can you explain me ...

... the success of MGS4 ?????

I bought one mounth ago the PS3 with MGS in a bundle. I started the game for the first time two days ago, and I just can't believe the fuss that has been made about this boring piece of shit....
And Im not even talking about the cinematics (boring as fuck) that last for hours. Im talking about the gameplay. I've always enjoyed playing inf/tactical/or even FPS games, and this one is a strange mix of all this, badly blended. If only the AI where smart ... but, actually enemies are just a bunch of target moving around following a script. (damn that level where you have to shoot the FROGs reminded me of shooting pipes at the fair...) Well I understood that the best way to play it is to try to avoid the most possible gun fights. But if you play that way this game doesn't even come close to splinter cells, deus ex etc...
Or maybe it is the senario that makes people crazy about that game ???
I barely find anything positive to say about it... which desapoint me cause I was really excited to try a MGS for the first time
Old 09-11-2008, 07:38 AM   #2
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to shaolinsword

I haven't played MGS4 yet but you shouldn't have played this first. It's like jumping in the deep end of the pool without learning how to swim.

You should check out Metal Gear for the Playstation / Gamecube before trying any of the others
Old 09-11-2008, 08:26 AM   #3
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

all the MGS games [the original 1-4] are classics of gaming or close.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

RagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killa

i was hoping everybody ignore this piece of shit
he even dare to compare it with Splinter Cell PLEASE!! Sam Fisher ain't got nothing on Solid Snake nufsaid
calling the AI dumb cuz they following a scrip like every enemy on any game does!! is stupid
they are soldiers securing an area the follow routes thats how it's build you just need to know they routes and sneak without being seen thats the point of the game

maybe is that you just like action over tactical if thats the problem then you shouldn't even be touching MGS you could go on and kill everybody but it gonna be harder that way

and i specially hate when people criticize the cutscene MGS games got a complex story to tell thats why it takes a lot of time on the game cuz every individual got a background story which explain who they are, their reason to be, what happened before the game, how they are involve on the story and their purpose their goals on the story i find the cutscene more entertaining then anything else

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life
RagnaroK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by WU-KILLAH View Post
... the success of MGS4 ?????

I bought one mounth ago the PS3 with MGS in a bundle. I started the game for the first time two days ago, and I just can't believe the fuss that has been made about this boring piece of shit....
And Im not even talking about the cinematics (boring as fuck) that last for hours. Im talking about the gameplay. I've always enjoyed playing inf/tactical/or even FPS games, and this one is a strange mix of all this, badly blended. If only the AI where smart ... but, actually enemies are just a bunch of target moving around following a script. (damn that level where you have to shoot the FROGs reminded me of shooting pipes at the fair...) Well I understood that the best way to play it is to try to avoid the most possible gun fights. But if you play that way this game doesn't even come close to splinter cells, deus ex etc...
Or maybe it is the senario that makes people crazy about that game ???
I barely find anything positive to say about it... which desapoint me cause I was really excited to try a MGS for the first time
after reading your second sentence i decided to not read anymore

failed.
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
WU-KILLAH
Commando Ultra

WU-KILLAH grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
i was hoping everybody ignore this piece of shit
he even dare to compare it with Splinter Cell PLEASE!! Sam Fisher ain't got nothing on Solid Snake nufsaid
calling the AI dumb cuz they following a scrip like every enemy on any game does!! is stupid
they are soldiers securing an area the follow routes thats how it's build you just need to know they routes and sneak without being seen thats the point of the game

maybe is that you just like action over tactical if thats the problem then you shouldn't even be touching MGS you could go on and kill everybody but it gonna be harder that way

and i specially hate when people criticize the cutscene MGS games got a complex story to tell thats why it takes a lot of time on the game cuz every individual got a background story which explain who they are, their reason to be, what happened before the game, how they are involve on the story and their purpose their goals on the story i find the cutscene more entertaining then anything else
don't get mad kid, Kojima ain't your father right ?
I like tactical way more than action games, actually I always set them to the hardest level cause I like those games where when you get touched once you die, such as the first Rainbow 6s/Rogue Spears.
It is definitly to me the most overrated game ever. Once again go play Deus Ex to see what a good senario is. You don't need to give 3 hours classes about nanotechnology to make a senario complex and interesting.
And you didn't understand what I said about the AI, play the level in middle east against the FROGs squads, and you'll see what I mean when I say it's like shooting pipes at the fair, cause that's exactly what it is.
Anyway, to each is own, but never I've been that disppointed with a game. I don't even see what special with it.

Last edited by WU-KILLAH; 09-11-2008 at 03:08 PM.
WU-KILLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #7
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

CoD4 all day.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:58 PM   #8
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

You can't compare Metal Gear Solid to a first person shooter

Its not the same at all
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:01 PM   #9
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

RagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killa

i played Splinter Cell(not Deus Ex) once didn't like it i saw my bro finishing the game but nothing made me to want to play it

MGS always have the best stories top graphics great gameplay great cutscene thou even fans criticize the length of them it never bothers me i find the story intriguing so i have no problem watching them and i don't see what is the problem you can skip them anyway one real criticism is that the gameplay is short and is true there are some other things that are good and bad like any game

Story Gameplay Graphics Cutscene Boss Fights great Characters Story Twist MGS got it all <<this is where the fuss is<<
but you seem to dislike the game strong point nothing will make you like it so i suggest trade in for another game

either you Love MGS or Hate it

Old 09-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #10
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

MGS is my favorite game series, it's hard to believe you don't like it, but if you don't, you don't.
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #11
WU-KILLAH
Commando Ultra

WU-KILLAH grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
i played Splinter Cell(not Deus Ex) once didn't like it i saw my bro finishing the game but nothing made me to want to play it

MGS always have the best stories top graphics great gameplay great cutscene thou even fans criticize the length of them it never bothers me i find the story intriguing so i have no problem watching them and i don't see what is the problem you can skip them anyway one real criticism is that the gameplay is short and is true there are some other things that are good and bad like any game

Story Gameplay Graphics Cutscene Boss Fights great Characters Story Twist MGS got it all <<this is where the fuss is<<
but you seem to dislike the game strong point nothing will make you like it so i suggest trade in for another game

either you Love MGS or Hate it

I agree concerning the boss fights, I've only played against the first one and that was the best moment in the game. It's getting better since I reached Europe level but I still don't see anything that justify how people are so crazy about it. I guess MGS4 has been made for fans and maybe I would enjoy it if I had played to the previous ones... Or maybe since I have played Deus Ex I expect way too much from video games now....
Seriously ... do you enjoy listening and reading all the discussions between snake and octacon on their videophone ????
Old 09-12-2008, 02:51 AM   #12
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post
CoD4 all day.
That's what's up.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:10 AM   #13
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

just because u played Deus Ex that doesn't mean u can't enjoy other games - even Deus Ex isn't perfect [it is one of my fav. games tho]

But MGS is totally different and Splinter Cell wants to be the same, just more real, but it's so simplistic. MGS, one of the best series ever. Shame Deus Ex only has one great piece, the second is pure caca.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:49 PM   #14
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WU-KILLAH View Post
I agree concerning the boss fights, I've only played against the first one and that was the best moment in the game. It's getting better since I reached Europe level but I still don't see anything that justify how people are so crazy about it. I guess MGS4 has been made for fans and maybe I would enjoy it if I had played to the previous ones... Or maybe since I have played Deus Ex I expect way too much from video games now....
Seriously ... do you enjoy listening and reading all the discussions between snake and octacon on their videophone ????
its call "Codec" i skip some of them those that don't add much to story and some i already know what they say so no need like i said Metal Gear got a complex story so i watch the cutscenes and listen to the dialogues a couple of time just to understand it better

i finish the game 2 times already now im trying to reach "Big Boss Emblem" on The Boss Extreme Difficulty im on Europe Level too thats the least favorite level for me following that guy is too slow thou is a cool concept and the motorcycle scene is a bitch to pass on hard difficulties

Old 09-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #15
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

always preferered the Splinter Cell series over MSG
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote