news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 09-16-2011, 04:46 AM   #1
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Default Discussion on famous broke sports players

hahahhahahhaha how do these idiots continue to squander millions of dollars? They really need to teach these losers how to better handle money before they get to the pros. smh

Three-time Pro Bowl cornerback Chris McAlister has only been out of the game for a year, and already, he's telling the court system that he's broke.

McAlister is locked up in a child support battle with his ex-wife Marlene, and is trying to get his child support payments lowered. He currently owes her $11,000 per month. In documents filed to the court, claims he can't pay her because he doesn't have any money. From TMZ:

In the docs, Chris -- a 1st round NFL draft pick in 1999 who played in the league for 10 years -- states, "I have been unemployed since 2009. I have no income."

He adds, "I live in my parent's home. My parents provide me with my basic living expenses as I do not have the funds to do so."

This is a guy who's only been out of the game for one year. Who's giving him financial advice, Ric Flair? McAlister's not even officially retired. He spent 10 years with the Ravens, and was once considered one of the best corners in the game. He was with the Saints, in 2009, but didn't see a lot of playing time before being released.

In 2004, he signed a seven-year, $55 million contract. Now, some of that was money that he never saw, and he was released after five years of the contract, so it wouldn't be accurate to say he completely squandered $55 million.

But he did squander plenty. The signing bonus was reportedly $10 million, and it also included a $7.5 million roster bonus for 2005. The year before he signed the contract, he made almost $6 million. The last two years of the $55 million contract, which McAlister didn't see, were worth $8 million each.

As the Baltimore Sun points out, it wouldn't be surprising if McAlister was "broke as a joke" given his hardcore partying habits.

If the name Marlene McAlister sounds familiar, it's because her and Chris' marital issues found their way to TMZ once before. In April of last year, Marlene claimed that Chris kicked her out of his home when she refused to have an abortion.

Roger Goodell can probably go ahead and cross McAlister's name off of his list of guys to invite to speak at the rookie symposium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

fuck man wut a sad story 50 mill and he spent it all, he used to be one of my favourite corners wen he played, but c;mon man
Old 02-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Default Discussion on famous broke sports players

Maybe they need to have a course early on for some of these players on better ways to handle their money, especially ones that come from the projects.

-Allen Iverson has reportedly gone from 11-time NBA all-star to financial deadbeat.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...financial-woes

Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Construct

Construct crouching tiger

I like Iverson but I think that shit is hilarious. If some athlete, actor, whatever is making millions a year then its their own fault if they waste that money. Like I heard Nicholas Cage had to sell his bigass mansion and shit. Fuck em.

We have people who can barely afford to feed their family or pay their hospital bills and I'm supposed to feel sorry for some asshole who blew all his money on a yacht and a mansion? If you achieve that level of wealth and you can't handle it then you don't deserve it. I respect rich people who manage their money well and give to charity, I laugh my ass off at the pathetic ones who waste it all.

haha I had to go back and add this song because it rings true
Devin the Dude speaks that truth

Last edited by Construct; 02-14-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Construct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

rumor has it he's been doing hardcore drugs too

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
Crown Fried Patron
3 Piece & A Biscuit

Crown Fried Patron grasshopper

Fuck that nigga. He can't hold onto his money, that's his problem.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
june181972
Cream of the Corp

june181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken masta

A lot of these guys live paycheck to paycheck like many people do. That's why they usually fold to the owners in the labor disputes. With their lifestyle, they literally can't afford to miss a couple of those $50,000 a piece paychecks during a strike or a lock out
Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Maybe they need to have a course early on for some of these players on better ways to handle their money, especially ones that come from the projects.
"projects"
You don't have to use codewords around here
june181972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
check two
N.I.

^^
You're a weirdo dude. Go roast some white people at the campfire

Quote:
Old 02-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #9
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Iverson a fucking idiot....this really isn't surprising.

Was it surprising when Tyson went bankrupt?

Will a guy like JayZ every go bankrupt? Probably not, cuz he's intelligent.

That whole "practice" thing was Iverson in a nutshell. He just doesnt get it. He's not a big picture type of guy.

There are people like this from all tax brackets and walks of life.

Most athletes seem to manage their money well.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

LOL@NickyTooch dissing Iverson hahahahahahahahahaha. Iverson is a idiot. I see he's been trying to come back to the NBA and now he's playing in Mexico i think LOL. I'm not surprised he's broke. He's a ghetto nigga and ghetto niggas don't know how to manage their money wisely.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
june181972
Cream of the Corp

What's some what sad about this is that some of these guys go broke because they have a good heart, and look out for too many friend, as well as "friends." No good deed goes unpunished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
^^
You're a weirdo dude. Go roast some white people at the campfire
The guy(and I use that term loosely) that has an obsession with fat people and never saw a picture of a girl on the internet that he liked shouldn't be calling anyone "weird."
Old 02-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

you know what you are june?

You're an enabler.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #13
check two
N.I.

Iverson offered $20,000 per game, plus goal bonuses, to play soccer

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...222447595.html

Quote:
Old 02-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #14
june181972
Cream of the Corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyTouch View Post
you know what you are june?

You're an enabler.
I believe the proper terminology would be, compassionate and merciful.
The hand that gives is greater than the hand that receives.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #15
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

your a fucking enabler.

Giving your child 10 bucks when you know he's going to spend it on crack...