news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 03-29-2011, 01:43 AM   #3241
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #3242
ironmantis
aka Dr. HappyHorseShit

ironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of fury

I guess there isn't going to be a money in the bank match at wrestlemania this year as they now have a dedicated pay per view each year for that purpose?

I was looking forward to that match then realised there is no build up to it so I guess it wasn't going down.

So now we're stuck watching Morrison and Ziggler play support to Snooki, lol.

Kicking the stick from the blind man of ignorance.

Systematic, global geographic, systemic, neo-synapsis, reload the graphics, notice I spit it rapid

I'm a true master, you can check my credentials, cause I choose to use, my infinite potential.

As I transcend celestial deserts, in search of an oasis / vanishing dreams to lay the fundamental basis / my soul chases / opposite dimensional spaces / material world just erases / I see a thousand faces / as I look into the perpetual sea / a million children follow me / into the molecular structure of infinity.
ironmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #3243
battle?
n.i.

battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ the trips taker match shud be a good one
hbk wtf happened last night

battle? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #3244
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

What a lenient charge. If it was reversed, and it was a male teacher with an underage girl, I wonder how many years he would have got?

- Daughter of wrestler Greg Gane arrested for having sex with underage boy

A former Cretin-Derham Hall teacher on Monday received a stayed jail sentence of one year and a $300 fine for having sex three years ago with a former high school football star.

Under the plea agreement Gail Gagne, 28, also must register as a sex offender, said Hennepin County District Judge Richard Scherer.

Gagne, who declined to speak in the courtroom or after the hearing, is the daughter of former professional wrestler Greg Gagne and the granddaughter of former wrestler Vern Gagne.

Both her father and her mother, Mary Gagne, accompanied her to the sentencing. Gail Gagne, who now lives in California, will be on probation for two years and was ordered to have no contact with the student or his family.

The student, who is now in college, did not attend the sentencing. But his mother, in a statement in court, said Gagne's conduct had greatly affected her son and a sibling who also attended Cretin-Derham Hall. They were subjected to gossip and missed opportunities for leadership positions at the St. Paul Catholic high school, she said.

"The family is left holding the dirty laundry of the defendant's unprofessional and self-serving actions," the mother said. Judge Scherer asked reporters not to name the mother or her son.

Gagne's attorney, Earl Gray, called the case "a tragedy for her because she lost her career" and can't teach again.

It is a crime for a person in a position of authority to have sexual contact with an underage youth.

Under the agreement, one count of third-degree criminal sexual conduct, a felony, was dropped and a second count was reduced from a third- to fifth-degree felony, making it a gross misdemeanor.

"I think we had an appropriate resolution for an unhappy situation," said Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman after the sentencing. He said it would have made no difference if the victim was a female rather than a male.

Hamline University law Prof. Joseph Daly said he didn't fault Freeman and that the plea agreement saves the victim further embarrassment.

But he added that there's an unfortunate double standard in such cases that prosecutors might have feared would influence jurors and get in the way of a conviction.

While one "shouldn't be thinking this way," Daly said, "almost everybody is going to be thinking, 'What 16-year-old boy wouldn't want to have sex with this very beautiful 25-year-old teacher?'"

Gagne, formerly of Bloomington, was hired by Cretin-Derham Hall in 2007 as an assistant basketball coach and worked as a substitute teacher from January through September 2008. She was then hired as a full-time teacher.

In the summer of 2008, she was a weight-room instructor and supervised the teenager, who was then 16.

She engaged in sexual conduct with him from July 1 to Sept. 1, 2008, which accounted for the first felony charge that was dropped. She had sex with him again at a Bloomington hotel Sept. 13-14, 2008, which led to the second charge.

-http://www.startribune.com/local/118799109.html

Quote:
Old 03-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #3245
check two
N.I.

--WWE News: Michael Cole's ego has been getting out of hand for a while, say sources

This Michael Cole incident on Twitter has brought to the forefront a fact that hasn't gotten a lot of play - that being that Cole's ego has gotten out of control behind the scenes in recent months. There have been reports of Cole having tremendous locker room heat. One WWE source today gives us his opinion on Cole behind the scenes.

"Is Cole getting a big head? HELL YES," he says. "Ever since he was reading the GM e-mails he started begging to become GM (he doesn't know who it's supposed to be) and walks around like his sh-- doesn't stink. He has an opinion on everything."

He also has mouthed off to writers who hand him scripts, saying that he'll say whatever the hell he wants. Sources say Cole's on-air character has gone to his head and what you see on TV is what he has become behind the scenes.

Keller's Analysis: This adds an interesting dimension to the Twitter controversy. One WWE source earlier today told me that incidents like the Twitter comment would be enough to get someone released if Vince McMahon was already looking for an excuse to release them. Now, there's too much invested in the Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole match (including "Stone Cold" Steve Austin) to totally abandon it, especially now that GLAAD has soft-pedaled the situation in their public statement today, accepting Cole's (lousy) apology and saying he'll be part of their seminars educating staff on gay issues. However, this incident could be the final straw to derailing Cole's continued push after WrestleMania. It could also cement McMahon's reported leaning toward having Jim Ross call the main events at WrestleMania this year.

-http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_48804.shtml

Quote:
Old 03-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #3246
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Down wit' GDYC / Yeah you know me!

For anyone unclear on what GDYC means...Google it.

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???
Mr. R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #3247
check two
N.I.

--Before John Cena And Brock Lesnar Were Main Eventers, They Attended "The Harvard Of Pro Wrestling"

Rip Rogers might be a genius. Just ask him. He’ll tell you how, in college, he wrote just one article for the Indiana Central student newspaper, only to win the conference sportswriter of the year award. How he coached high school football in Union City, Indiana, for only one year – and led the Braves to a 9-1 record. If you value your dignity, don’t even think about matching wits with him on 1920s baseball trivia.

But the most genius-like quality about Rogers has nothing to do with accomplishment. For 26 years, he made a career in professional wrestling by making others look good. He could sell getting punched, kicked and thrown out of the ring better than anyone in his field. Professional wrestling is the art of athletic performance – and during his career, Rogers was DeNiro. He might just be the best loser in pro wrestling history.

To the bulk of WWE stars, that might seem like a dubious distinction. But Rogers is from the old school. After so many years of wrestling in dingy and dangerous venues, and traveling the globe to chase the ever-elusive gig, he knows what it takes to stay in such a fleeting profession. It’s simple, really.

“Overqualified and over [expletive] prepared,” says Rogers. “To stay ahead, you’ve gotta be able to do this-this-this and this. Because in this business, they’ll fire you for no [expletive] reason.”

Today, you won’t find the former “Convertible Blond” on the receiving end of any bodyslams. Instead, Rogers, now 55, lurks among the cluster of mobile homes and pick-up trucks in suburban Louisville. If you get lost in the tangle of empty warehouses where he’s rumored to be found on Saturday afternoons, follow your ears: You’re sure to hear his R-rated rants echoing off the rows of aluminum and concrete.

The area may not be glamorous, but it’s home to one of the most respected breeding grounds of wrestling talent in the nation – Ohio Valley Wrestling. The mountaintop of pro wrestling is Sunday in Atlanta at Wrestlemania 27. But the ascent starts at OVW. There is no better place to learn how to lose in America.

Since 2000, Rogers has guided raw, inexperienced wrestlers to WWE and TNA stardom. His three-hour classes attract aspiring wrestlers from literally all corners of the globe – Japan, England, Hawaii, Minnesota – to settle down in the less-than-striking flatlands of Kentucky. Although OVW ended its affiliation with WWE in 2008, it still remains the foremost in wrestling education, largely for one reason.

“Bar none … not because he’s my business partner, or because he’s my friend of 35 years … Rip’s the best in the business,” says OVW’s owner, Danny Davis. “When it comes to educating and giving the talent a foundation, there’s none better.”

Rogers will tell you that he’s the “John Wooden of wrestling” because of the knowledge he gained during his long, workman’s career. Growing up in Seymour, Indiana, Rogers – then Mark Sciarra -- knew that he always wanted to wrestle. He even pledged such aspirations in the Seymour High newspaper.

Rogers played football and baseball at Indiana Central University and, after graduating in 1976, went to Union City to coach high school football. In order for him to coach the high school team, however, Rogers had to take a gig teaching seventh and eighth graders at the Union City middle school. But the adolescents wore on him. He left after a year.

In 1978, Rogers became the manager of Hofmeister's Gym in Indianapolis. While there, he met "Handsome" Jimmy Valiant, who persuaded Rogers to see if his ripped torso and mammoth legs could stand the rigors of professional wrestling.

Rogers quickly became known around the squared circle for his insane training regimen – which, he says, included squatting continuously for over an hour – and an ability to put on a good show. That often meant losing to weaker opponents. But no matter: “Hustler” Rip Rogers was born.

Despite his big talk now, Rogers thrived by staying humble. He knew, for instance, when to “shut the [expletive] up and listen” when veterans like Bob Orton Jr. or Ronnie Garvin were telling stories. He knew that he would have to lose all the time. But most important, to stay in wrestling, he knew he’d have to be willing to portray any character asked of him by his bookers. From “Hercules Simard” to “The Disco Kid” to “Fatso,” Rogers played 'em all.

While some of his peers, like Randy Savage, had the benefit of pedigree, Rogers succeeded in professional wrestling despite his background. That’s why he doesn’t discriminate today; heck, he sees new faces walk through the door at OVW every week. His approach to new students is simple: If you show up to his class, he will quite literally throw you in the ring. But you better come ready.

“Some guys will come in, get blown up, get embarrassed, and get out in the same day. You’re expected to work. I’ll just throw ya in there.”

Around 20 wrestlers of all shapes and sizes amble around the ring before a typical class. The mood is light, because Rogers is off on one of his many tangents – this time, about George Mikan’s resounding impact on the NBA. Then, without warning, Rogers rears his head back, and like a drill sergeant, barks something that would make Rex Ryan blush – “All right, you [expletive]s! Quit standing around!”

Practice has begun. At once, the laughter vanishes into the dingy air; grunts and groans circulate as the wrestlers jog around the facility. Losing takes work. Within an hour, the wrestlers have criss-crossed, jumped full over one another, thrown each other over the ropes, flipped each over their shoulders, and mocked takedowns, execution style, in the corner of the ring. Sweat drips everywhere.

“If you can’t keep up, that ain’t my problem,” says Rogers. “You say ‘I wanna play in the NBA’; well here’s your tryout, kid.”

Dedication. Repetition. It sounds like something that’s printed in bold letters on a high school football muscle shirt. But to Rogers, that’s how great losers are made.

Rogers can spot a faker with ease. His students know this all too well. To the naïve eye, OVW wrestler “Dre Blitz” took a wallop to the face from his counterpart. But there’s no fooling Rogers.

“Whoa! You think that was [expletive] real? They’re gonna know in a second that was fake. Get your [expletive] head out of your [expletive].”

Rogers’ demands may seem brutal, but their effectiveness is undeniable. Wander back into the depths of the OVW facility, and you’ll find a room with walls plastered with endless rows of famous alumni captured in signed photos. You can’t grasp the true magnitude of Rogers’ handprint on modern professional wrestling without the likes John Cena, Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar grinning back at you.

Nick “Eugene” Dinsmore is yet another notable OVW graduate, after wrestling for WWE in stints throughout the past decade. He says he owes much of his success to Rogers.

“I wrestled Rip when I first started,” says Dinsmore. “He was a 40-something veteran in the ring with the students of OVW. Rip worked with us like he was a coach, much like he does now.”

Dinsmore may even be following in Rogers’ footsteps: He now teaches a beginners’ class, a precursor to Rogers’ advanced course at OVW.

Those are just the stars. In his ten years, Rogers has seen oodles of unique wrestlers walk through the door. Rogers doesn’t mind the oddballs, though. After all, he’s eccentric himself, in his own frightening, profane way. His stance with every new wrestler is always the same. “I don’t judge a book by its cover,” says Rogers. “Never will.”

Utaifeua Tilo – known in the ring as “Tilo Samoa,” after his Samoan heritage – will attest to Rogers’ impartial judgment. Tilo, a native of Honolulu, is a legally blind albino. But in the two years he’s been with OVW, that has never stopped him from succeeding in the ring. Under Rogers’s tutelage, he’s even been able to cultivate his blindness into a marketable niche.

“You’ve never seen an albino wrestler,” says Tilo.

Good point.

Tilo recognizes that Rogers’ class draws a peculiar consortium of wrestlers. But that’s why he shows up at OVW four times a week.

“I don’t think there’s any other place like this, man,” says Tilo. “You walk around and see all these characters…it’s unreal, you know?”

Unreal is the word. There are wrestlers who could easily be ancient Greek sculptures, and there are wrestlers with guts that would make Homer Simpson shake his head. Some talk strictly in wrestling clichés (“it’s on!” and “bring the pain!”), while nearby, some chortle at a peer’s shiny purple tights.

The eccentricity doesn’t end with physical appearance, though. One wrestler – Ryan Nemeth, brother of WWE star Dolph Ziggler – has even written his own novel, “I Can Make Out with Any Girl Here.”

“Who can be anything?” Rogers dares. “Who can be a wild man? ‘I can.’ Can you act like a girl? ‘Yes, I can.’”

Rogers has been retired from wrestling for ten years now. The long blond hair juxtaposed with the scruffy dark beard is a thing of the past. Instead of costumed underwear, Rogers now squeezes his waist into an innocuous fanny-pack.

He’s in pain. The various injuries that he ignored during his wrestling days – broken limbs, ribs, etc. – are just now taking their toll, as are the effects of the car crash he suffered in 2003. He walks with a distinctive limp and avoids sitting down, mainly because he can’t easily get back up.

But Rogers wears his wounds proudly. He’ll lift up his shirt and show you the scar from the time he says was knifed in a match in Puerto Rico, or the startling gap in his right quadriceps muscle that tore at the beginning of a smackdown in Germany. Any sensible man would’ve given up the fight, but did Rogers?

“Nope,” he says, deep in wistful nostalgia. “I went 30 minutes with the guy.”

Rogers’s stubbornness is why he can’t give up wrestling. For 36 years, it’s all he’s ever known. Though he is in no condition to fight, he can now pass on everything he’s learned in the art of skillfully losing. Ask anyone at OVW: Rip Rogers the best loser out there. There’s a reason the students call OVW “the Harvard of wrestling.”

“That’s a scary thought,” says Brandon Lefteroff, Live Events and Promotions Director for OVW. “Because if this place is Harvard, what does that make Rip?”

Quote:
Old 04-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #3248
battle?
n.i.

battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

mania 2night.anyone watching?

Old 04-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #3249
ironmantis
aka Dr. HappyHorseShit

ironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of fury

I will do if I get a decent link to it. Not paying 15 leaves for it as i'm not feeling it with the build up for most of the matches this year.

Hopefully p2p4u can get a decent link.

Kicking the stick from the blind man of ignorance.

Systematic, global geographic, systemic, neo-synapsis, reload the graphics, notice I spit it rapid

I'm a true master, you can check my credentials, cause I choose to use, my infinite potential.

As I transcend celestial deserts, in search of an oasis / vanishing dreams to lay the fundamental basis / my soul chases / opposite dimensional spaces / material world just erases / I see a thousand faces / as I look into the perpetual sea / a million children follow me / into the molecular structure of infinity.
ironmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #3250
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

my friend invited me over for this....i havent watched in hyears and pretty much dont like it. how freakin long do these things last?
Old 04-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #3251
check two
N.I.

http://www.telly-tv.com/wrestling/

Quote:
Old 04-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #3252
battle?
n.i.

classik trips taker match

Old 04-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #3253
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to KZA

wrestlemania this year was bad...

hhh vs taker 2 wasn't as good as the first one. the cole/lawler match went on way too long. the 4faces vs the corre was useless. lol at the snooki match being the 2nd to last match. sheamus vs bryan didn't even make the ppv lol.

none of the titles changed hands.

KZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #3254
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

I wouldn't say it was bad, just could've been alot better. Cole/Lawler should've been 3 minutes, the Snooki match shouldn't have been so far up the card, and Danielson/Sheamus should NOT have been nixed.

But you still had 3 good matches (Edge/Del Rio, Rey/Rhodes, Punk/Orton) with one great (HHH/Undertaker), matches. I do agree that HHH/Undertaker was a bit better the first time around, but not alot better (which is what I was expecting). The storytelling was alot better in this match, but the actual ringwork was better their first time around.

The main event was....OK. Memorable, but predictable.

Just to keep things in perspective (as that gets lost alot of times when you think from the perspective of what SHOULD have happened, etc). This card was MUCH better than Wrestlemania 15 (and that was during the attitude era), Wrestlemania 2 (nostalgia messes with people's heads), Wrestlemania 9, and Wrestlemania 11 when you compare the entire card. Sure you can say, "Meh...I liked the wrestlers more back then," but you gotta remember...you were a kid back then. Even shitty matches (Hogan/Bundy?) you popped for back then. Looking at things a bit more objectively, this card was much better.

All in all, not a great event, but a middling one with memorable (but predictable) ending.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

Last edited by hide1998; 04-03-2011 at 10:45 PM.
hide1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:41 PM   #3255
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think I've watched every Wrestlemania live since 97 except 1 a few years back, this one was one of the least entertaining. It was ok considering the card but still, zero replay value.

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote