news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 05-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #3376
misawa98

misawa98 shaolin monk

Here are some note from Steve corino which addresses some of the differences between America and Japan.

Notes from 2005 shoot interview with Steve Corino -$1.2 million was missing from the Zero-One bank account, and the company was 4 days from going under when they reorganized in 2004. Lots of people invested: Ohtani, Nakamura and his father, the ring announcer, etc. Corino says that Hashimoto was facing a lawsuit over the money, and that his girlfriend (Kodo Fuyuki’s widow) was somehow involved. -When Zero-One was in trouble, Choshu decided to rejoin New Japan.

One night while Corino and Spanky were walking on the street, a very drunk Choshu picked them up and took them to a bar. Choshu offered to take them with him to Newapan, especially because he thought Corino could do more as a serious wrestler. They turned him down, deciding to be loyal. Then, Nakamura said he was trying to go to New Japan and Corino was shocked. (Of course, Nakamura ended up helping Zero-One stay afloat so Corino was able to keep doing tours). -He got in a legal/financial scrape because of an ex-girlfriend and had to put $13,000 in an escrow account. Nakamura gave him the money for it, and Steve was able to repay him when he (Steve) was cleared a year later.

Choshu and Kawada don’t call any spots, they just expect you to know in advance what’s coming next. (Which in Choshu’s case is easy, and Steve had no problem with it). One time, he was told that the finish would be whatever and whenever Choshu wanted.

On working in Japan: A heel needs to stay on top of a babyface because they’ll start coming back if you give them too much time/space. Most of the match isn’t called or planned, especially the opening minutes. The goal is to make sure it looks competitive rather than cooperative.

On Japanese-style stiffness: Ohtani does a ‘big punch’ spot and wanted to make sure Corino sold it. Corino asked Masato Tanaka about it, and Tanaka of all people said it was dangerous. Sure enough, Ohtani landed a hard punch just below the ear that had Corino wobbling. Also, on his first couple tours Corino was eating some elbows where the wrestlers were driving through rather than stopping when the blow made contact; they lightened up eventually.

He said that Kohei Sato did a running elbow where the point of the elbow made contact, and kept doing it until Hashimoto took one and made him stop. Takaiwa would always stiff wrestlers he hadn’t worked with before.

Young wrestlers would get in trouble for selling a loose shot. Ohtani’s finger-biting spot hurts so much you can’t do a fakey “ow ow ow” reaction.

Corino spent months learning Japanese style in the Zero-One dojo, because he figured that was where he could earn a living.
misawa98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #3377
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

^^
Respect for Corino. Corino used to be one of the guy's in charge of an indie promotion called the PWF, and I used to be a columnist for one of their sites. I used to go to a lot of the local shows that they had, and I was sorry to see it go. Then they started having a US version of Zero One called World 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I know black men want sex often and when they don't get it when they want it, they'll find a woman who will give them sex. Sex is the reason why most black couples don't stay together long.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:42 PM   #3378
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the insignificant View Post
divine complex, good call with mcmahon... do you know if he answers to anyone since wwe is on the stock exchange?
Vince and the higher ups @ the WWE have quarterly meetings with stock holders, he pitches to them what their future programming and merchandising plans are.

Since the company makes buttloads of money the stockholders usually just go with what he sells them.

Vinnie is a spin master, most Billionaires are.

The WWE also anwsers to TV networks' Standards & Practices for their weekly programming, but they have more leeway with Raw seeing as it's live.

All USA network can really make them do is utilize the 5 second delay for live TV and penalize them later if they voilate FCC regs, but cable is more lax with the rules than broadcast TV.

Smackdown! & Superstars (is that show still on? lol) are taped in advance and edited heavily before airing.

Seeing as how the company has taken a more PG approach to the weekly shows, I doubt they're having problems with censorship right now.

When it comes to storylines, Vince has the final say so, so in that respect he doesn't answer to anyone.

If he doesn't like what the writers hand in, it ain't happ'nin.

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???

Last edited by Mr. R&B; 05-13-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Mr. R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #3379
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

Wrestling matters...TNA just started using that line last Thursday and I'm already sick of it...It's pretty obvious they're using that line as a shot to WWE for them not "acknowleding" the wrestling part...Wrestling matters, give me a break...

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
© The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #3380
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I was surprised that Chyna didn't look like absolute crap, seems like she's been care of herself recently.

The last time I remember seeing her she was an absolute mess.

She prolly got her shit together when she stopped hanging out with Sean Waltman.

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???
Mr. R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:05 AM   #3381
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

More on TNA.., I mean Impact Wrestling

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/p...10018444.shtml

Quote:
I know black men want sex often and when they don't get it when they want it, they'll find a woman who will give them sex. Sex is the reason why most black couples don't stay together long.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #3382
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Check 2, you used to write articles for PWF? Lol.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #3383
check two
N.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
Check 2, you used to write articles for PWF? Lol.
Why is that so funny? lol

Quote:
Old 05-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #3384
check two
N.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the insignificant View Post
haha check two, if you don't know about the gm, then no one around here will...

divine complex, good call with mcmahon... do you know if he answers to anyone since wwe is on the stock exchange?

as for the raw gm, he seems to be a lot more neutral than when he first started... they managed to lose track of consistency with him...
If I don't know about it, why wouldn't anyone else? lol

Quote:
Old 05-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #3385
check two
N.I.

How was the Impact Wrestling PPV ?

Quote:
Old 05-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #3386
battle?
n.i.

battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ terrible

battle? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #3387
check two
N.I.

When is the god Hogan going to wrestle?

Quote:
Old 05-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #3388
battle?
n.i.

battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^hopefully never again...not for any other reason than his health

battle? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #3389
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

I've heard they're trying to set up Hogan vs Sting for Bound For Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Schiavone View Post
That'll put some butts in their seats

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
© The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:45 AM   #3390
check two
N.I.

TNA star Hulk Hogan got physical during his appearance at the CWI independent show on Saturday in Brantford, Ont. Dot Net reader Adam McFarland reports: "Hogan came out at the end of the show to save Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake from a double team from The Nasty Boys. Hogan came out to 'Real American,' wearing his yellow shirt and red bandana. The place popped huge for Hogan.

When he got in the ring, he tore his shirt off and pointed at both of the Nasty Boys for the "YOU!" bit, and then punched one of them to knock them down and threw the other off the ropes to deliver the big boot. He threw a few more punches and tossed Knobs out of the rings while Brutus put Sags in a sleeper for the win. Hogan addressed the crowd and then had a pose down with Brutus. Hogan was way more physical than I was expecting him to be with the condition of his back."

Quote: