news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 12-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #721
snakesonawiggly
Crunk Is Dead

snakesonawiggly drunken mastasnakesonawiggly drunken mastasnakesonawiggly drunken masta

PWInsider is reporting that despite promotion by the AWA independent company run by Dale Gagner (who is known to go by the name Dale Gagne) of Paul Heyman coming to the company, all indications at this point is that it is false advertising and won't be happening.

As we noted on earlier this week, Paul Heyman is still under contract with World Wrestling Entertainment despite being removed from the ECW creative team with David Lagana. It remains to be seen if WWE will continue to pay Heyman for the remaining part of his deal, or if he will receive a buyout and move on. Either way, he is not free of his contract with WWE yet.

http://ramblingconn.blogspot.com/
my third blog
snakesonawiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #722
36chambers
The People's Champ

36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta

So whats the connection between the WWE & AWA? Im not up on the AWA, but I know some amazing superstars such as Hogan and LOD came from the AWA, and the WWE have just released an AWA DVD in there DVD catalogue. Is there any other connection?

Maybe WWE sent him to AWA in fear he would go to TNA and really give WWE a run? It sounds believable.

BIG L Rest In Peace
36chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:12 PM   #723
Liquidswordsman
Shogun Assassin

Liquidswordsman grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Liquidswordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris kasper View Post
I know.........I'm just sayin iz all, lol

I just despise Russo, he's a cancer to sports entertainment.....he's the reason why wrestling has such gay gimmicks and parody's.
I mean, this whole shit with K-Fed fighting Cena? I could swear that he was back on the creative team.....All they need to do now is throw in Jay leno for a triple threat and its obvious, WWE has Vince secretly on the creative team......lol
Careful or the "Powers that be" will ruin ur career, lol, U hit why Russo sucks so bad perfectly. I was thinking bout that Leno/ Malone shit the second i saw K-Fed. Russo is crap and WWE is stuck in the mud right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooly Noggins
usa was built on terrorism

Liquidswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:53 PM   #724
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectis View Post
big show left cuz his legs and back are real bad and cant deal with it too much at wm they said he is going to fight hulk hogan in what more then likely will be both there last match
I don't think anybody has been reading my posts about Big Show retiring soon. I've been talking about that for a while. lol
netscape check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:01 AM   #725
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I don't like Russo either. WCW started to suck when he had those racist Harris Twins(Powers to Be) come in. Hulk Hogan had some stupid gimmick where he just wrestled under his own name, and there was nothing entertaining about it. Then they had Hogan lose to Billy Kidman and Jeff Jarrett was a powerhouse like he has been in TnA.

I did like when Nash layed down to give Hogan the title though. lol Since I was a big fan of the NWO. And the New Blood vs. veteran wrestlers storyline was kinda entertaining for a little bit. I tend to like heel groups, so I liked the Natural Born Thrillers somewhat. Big Vito wrecked shop back then.

By the way, why doesn't TnA put Nash into a better storyline? Those promos/interviews with Nash and the Paparazzi, and the other X Division wrestlers are stupid.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:30 PM   #726
MR HIP HOP HEAD
Veteran Member

MR HIP HOP HEAD crouching tigerMR HIP HOP HEAD crouching tiger
Default Paul Heyman Rumor Killer And Update On His WWE Status

As a follow up to an earlier story, in the past two days or so, I've gotten more than fifty emails about the independent AWA promotion, run by Dale Gagner (who goes by the name Dale Gagne) advertising "PAUL HEYMAN IS COMING TO THE AWA" on the main page of his website.

This is a case of blatant false advertising.

As of my last conversation with two people high up within WWE, Heyman is still under WWE contract. Now, I don't know if that means his release is being worked on, or will be complete when Vince McMahon gets back from Iraq, or even if WWE is going to try to work something out with Heyman just to keep him off the market. What I do know is that while he is done with WWE from a creative perspective, he's not completely free of his contract at this point so even if he had interest in going to an indy, he couldn't at this time.

http://pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=21822&p=1#
MR HIP HOP HEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #727
MR HIP HOP HEAD
Veteran Member

Default Details On The New Head Of ECW

With the untimely departure of Paul Heyman, David Lagana will be taking over the reigns as the head of ECW creative team. Lagana was on the SmackDown creative team before moving to the resurrected ECW brand earlier this year.

It seems as though he was initially moved to the brand as a fall back option from Paul Heyman, so this is not a shocking move.

http://rajah.com/base/node/6918
Old 12-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #728
MR HIP HOP HEAD
Veteran Member

Default TNA Actively Pursuing A Deal With Hulk Hogan

Yesterday on his Bubba The Love Sponge radio show, Bubba claimed that Kurt Angle and Hulk Hogan have told him that Dixie Carter and TNA wrestling is actively pursing a deal with the Hulkster. While details are still sketchy, apparently TNA wants to bring in Hogan as a booker and a wrestler to work big shows.

This should not be taken very seriously right now as this could be a way for Hogan to force WWE to offer him more money.

http://rajah.com/base/node/6919
Old 12-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #729
MR HIP HOP HEAD
Veteran Member

Default WWE Flooded With Complaints After ECW PPV

The disintegration between Paul Heyman and WWE can possibly be linked to the significant amount of complaints WWE fan services and DirecTV received after last Sunday's December to Dismember PPV.

WWE fan services and DirecTV were both flooded with complaints after the PPV and both McMahon & Heyman blamed the other for it. McMahon thought the show was good at first, at least until the next day when he got wind of all the complaints and realized that it was a bad show. At that point, he blamed Heyman for it.

Some people didn't want to pay because the show ended considerably early. Heyman was blamed for mistiming the show as it ended approximately 32 minutes early. Other complaints included the quality of the show and the false advertising of Sabu in the main event. It is believed that the "Where's my refund?" chant during the show encouraged several people to go and complain about it to WWE fan services and DirecTV. Furthermore, there was also a "Change the channel" chant" during the show.

http://rajah.com/base/node/6932
Old 12-11-2006, 05:35 PM   #730
MR HIP HOP HEAD
Veteran Member

Default Melina Upset Over Chants, Heyman Removed, ECW On Saturday

WWE muted the crowd audio at times during last week's ECW PPV. Apparently, the audience were chanting a bunch of things that one would expect from an ECW crowd, including several TNA chants. The decision to move the PPV to Georgia from either NYC or Chicago was made because management was looking to avoid that type of audience. Melina in particular was rather upset due to the crowd chanting "she's got herpies" and other various vulgar chants towards her. Melina is used to the much more timid WWE audiences and thus the raucous ECW crowd probably came as a shock to her.

Paul Heyman's profile was removed from ECW.com over the weekend. Furthermore, Big Show's profile still remains on the site.

As a reminder, ECW won't be airing at its regular time on Sci-Fi tomorrow due to a marathon for another Sci-Fi program. Instead, the show will air this Saturday at 8:00 p.m. Furthermore, Sci-Fi has lost at least some of its initial enthusiasm to the project.

http://rajah.com/base/node/6933

LMAO @ the Melina chants
Old 12-11-2006, 06:00 PM   #731
netscape check two
N.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR HIP HOP HEAD View Post

WWE muted the crowd audio at times during last week's ECW PPV. Apparently, the audience were chanting a bunch of things that one would expect from an ECW crowd, including several TNA chants. The decision to move the PPV to Georgia from either NYC or Chicago was made because management was looking to avoid that type of audience. Melina in particular was rather upset due to the crowd chanting "she's got herpies" and other various vulgar chants towards her. Melina is used to the much more timid WWE audiences and thus the raucous ECW crowd probably came as a shock to her.

Paul Heyman's profile was removed from ECW.com over the weekend. Furthermore, Big Show's profile still remains on the site.

As a reminder, ECW won't be airing at its regular time on Sci-Fi tomorrow due to a marathon for another Sci-Fi program. Instead, the show will air this Saturday at 8:00 p.m. Furthermore, Sci-Fi has lost at least some of its initial enthusiasm to the project.

http://rajah.com/base/node/6933

'''LMAO @ the Melina chants'''
That's the first time I've seen you say something in this thread. lol
Old 12-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #732
Liquidswordsman
Shogun Assassin

Liquidswordsman grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Liquidswordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
I did like when Nash layed down to give Hogan the title though. lol Since I was a big fan of the NWO. And the New Blood vs. veteran wrestlers storyline was kinda entertaining for a little bit.
Classic match (and i was smashed watching it casue if memory sevres correct this match was around new years day) ......................
This is how i remember this match after all these years

10. Goldberg being arrested early in the show for sexual sexual harassment
9. Hogan declairs for his run for President
8. Nash calls Hogan and title match is signed
7. Nash takes a 'tough fought' (lol) loss to Hogan (I will ALWAYS remeber the ONLY 2 NWO fans in the background as they confusing looked in the ring not relizing the Cliq was back together, classic)
6. Goldberg is dropped of all charges and came flying into the ring (Guess the Police Station was close by)
5. The play by play that night by Bishoff was CLASSIC----some of my favorite line were invented by him that night. "By-goly" "geewiligers" were a few classics, but the best was when they showed the out side video of Goldberg coming in Bishoff began calling for "the national guard" and the "amry"......................and then there were the tazor noise Bishoff felt he had to make everytime Goldberg zapped. CLASSIC
4. Goldberg sliding in on the NWO was great cause the fans were alread throwing everything in the Georgia Dome they could in the ring. Everybody got hit with a 'Gay-berg' move (he showed all 4 moves he had that night) and at least 1 beer and 2 popcorns.
3. After a good Goldberg beating Lugar came out to save his "wcw" buddy-----only to have Lugar turn on "wcw" and go "nwo" and put Goldberg in the Lugar Plex. Lugars gold chains and hair never sat to easy with me
2. Scott Hall and his tazor always cracked me up. They played that shit up big time back in the day. I need Scott Hall in my wrestling life!
1. Fucking Buff Bagwell

Ahhhhhh olde WCW so many good times and so many bad.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooly Noggins
usa was built on terrorism

Last edited by Liquidswordsman; 12-11-2006 at 06:45 PM.
Liquidswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #733
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the nash/hogan thing was classic the nwo was the shit but then like everyone in wcw was a part of it and it got wack

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:45 PM   #734
wuswordz95
Veteran Member

wuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidswordsman View Post
Classic match (and i was smashed watching it casue if memory sevres correct this match was around new years day) ......................
This is how i remember this match after all these years

10. Goldberg being arrested early in the show for sexual sexual harassment
9. Hogan declairs for his run for President
8. Nash calls Hogan and title match is signed
7. Nash takes a 'tough fought' (lol) loss to Hogan (I will ALWAYS remeber the ONLY 2 NWO fans in the background as they confusing looked in the ring not relizing the Cliq was back together, classic)
6. Goldberg is dropped of all charges and came flying into the ring (Guess the Police Station was close by)
5. The play by play that night by Bishoff was CLASSIC----some of my favorite line were invented by him that night. "By-goly" "geewiligers" were a few classics, but the best was when they showed the out side video of Goldberg coming in Bishoff began calling for "the national guard" and the "amry"......................and then there were the tazor noise Bishoff felt he had to make everytime Goldberg zapped. CLASSIC
4. Goldberg sliding in on the NWO was great cause the fans were alread throwing everything in the Georgia Dome they could in the ring. Everybody got hit with a 'Gay-berg' move (he showed all 4 moves he had that night) and at least 1 beer and 2 popcorns.
3. After a good Goldberg beating Lugar came out to save his "wcw" buddy-----only to have Lugar turn on "wcw" and go "nwo" and put Goldberg in the Lugar Plex. Lugars gold chains and hair never sat to easy with me
2. Scott Hall and his tazor always cracked me up. They played that shit up big time back in the day. I need Scott Hall in my wrestling life!
1. Fucking Buff Bagwell

Ahhhhhh olde WCW so many good times and so many bad.................
oh man tht a tight post. i really do miss wcw
wuswordz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #735
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

wwe has another ppv this week they have one a week now i think or it seems like it

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote