news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 09-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
6 Brix
KB

6 Brix crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 6 Brix Send a message via MSN to 6 Brix
Default The Streets

Mike Skinner, the streets... good music.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:42 PM   #2
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah, the Streets are good.

I never checked out the last record, but the the stuff ive heard from his upcoming sounds like a bit of a return to form.

Original Pirate Material is a cool album.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:11 AM   #3
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah dude is pretty nice

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:49 AM   #4
Dr Zayus
Wu Vatican

Dr Zayus drunken mastaDr Zayus drunken masta

Mike Skinner is one of the most ambitious musicians out there. His entire discography has been a story-arc about his own rise and fall. The first album is the underground hit, A Grand Don't Come For Free was the concept album that broke him through while Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living is about his inability to deal with fame and subsequent failure to even function as a human being. It's his coke album, basically. I'm digging Everything Is Borrowed, it's resigned and accepting, rather than angry. It might not be his best album but he hasn't quite dropped a dud yet.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I would rather put this in the HipHop Section, but ok.....A Grand Don't Come For Free is the best The Street's album
Old 09-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #6
Guarded By Martyrs
There R No Strings On Me

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't think it's Hip-Hop wera
He is classed as a "Street-Poet" and their sound is so versatile as well.
This track hit me first time I heard it...I can relate to this :

This will always be my favourite track by them...real atmospheric :

Always great when people bring something different to the table^

"Stand By Me My Apprentice"

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:46 AM   #7
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ive first listened to the streets about4-5 years ago. seen the band live a few times..i like the black dude that does backing vocals cos he adds something cool into the fold.

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #8
bad boy T
MC Definition

bad boy T shaolin monk

Yeah pretty nice I used to bang this
bad boy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #9
IRAN
Terrorist

IRAN shaolin monk

1st two albums = Quality
Last 2 = 1 good track out of both of them.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #10
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The Streets is just him right? Just wondering since some people say ''them''.

I've never been a big fan but I liked some of his tracks.

I believe his newest album is the last under this name since he says he hates the name/has had enough of it.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #11
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this is the only Streets i've been exposed to. but it's a dope song. and a dope section too haha.

Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:16 PM   #12
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The Streets Aka Mike Skinner Has Some Dope Music Not Too Much Into The Whole Uk Stuff But Dude Is Quite Dope

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:43 AM   #13
tajeco
Natureal

tajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken masta

I really like this new one. Songs like "Everything Is Borrowed", "Heaven for the Weather" and "Strongest Person I Know" I think are great.
I've also been listening to The Twang who I first heard on a remixed song called "Either Way" that has Mike Skinner and Professor Green on it.

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco
tajeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #14
bad boy T
MC Definition

bad boy T shaolin monk

"A Grand don't come for free" is a genius album the way he loses the money at the begining of the album dwells on it then finds the money at the end of the album, intelligent calligraphy
bad boy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:12 PM   #15
Kong
Veteran Member

Kong drunken mastaKong drunken mastaKong drunken masta