news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: How do you rate Business Never Personal?
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 1 14.29%
8 3 42.86%
9 1 14.29%
10 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
crds
ADEPT

crds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkey
Default EPMD - Business Never Personal (1992)

1-Boon Dox
2-Nobody's Safe Chump
3-Can't Hear Nothing But the Music
4-Chill
5-Headbanger (ft K-Solo & Redman)
6-Scratch Bring It Back, Pt. 2 (Mic Doc)
7-Crossover
8-Cummin' at Cha (ft Das EFX)
9-Play the Next Man
10-It's Going Down
11-Who Killed Jane

To me this EPMD's dopest album, I wish they included "Brothers From Brentwood, L.I." on it though.

9/10

I did a breakdown of this album at my blog last year (some of the links maybe dead sorry)

http://coldrockdaspot.blogspot.com/2...-personal.html

coldrockdaspot.blogspot.com/2007/03/epmd-sample-business-never-personal_22.html

Last edited by crds; 09-15-2008 at 08:53 PM.
crds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Nobody's Safe Chump, Can't Hear Nothing But The Music, Headbanger(Redman had the best lyrics on this one), Crossover, Cummin At Cha, It's Going Down, Who Killed Jane are my favorite songs on there. Parrish Smith said something true on Crossover about the rap industry when he said rap has been around long making mad noise you see. Still i haven't seen one rapper living comfortably. I also like when Parrish said on Crossover, the rap era is outta control, brothers selling their soul, going, going, gone another rapper sold.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Maccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkey
Default EPMD - Business Never Personal

EPMD - Business Never Personal

1. Boon Dox
2. Nobody's Safe Chump
3. Can't Hear Nothing But the Music
4. Chill
5. Headbanger
6. Scratch Bring It Back, Pt. 2 (Mic Doc)
7. Crossover
8. Cummin' at Cha
9. Play the Next Man
10. It's Going Down
11. Who Killed Jane

Business Never Personal is the fourth studio album by hip hop duo EPMD, released July 28, 1992 on Def Jam Records.[1] Following mixed criticism of their previous studio effort, 1990's Business As Usual, the duo was able to return to their past acclaim on Business Never Personal. The album is considered the duo's third classic by fans and critics. The lead single, "Crossover", became its biggest success, nearly reaching the Top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Decent album!!! I like it!!! Production is great, but I just don't feel this album! It's, along with Unfinished Business, worst EPMD album ever!! Tho' it's just my opinion!!

Voted for Above Average!!!

P.E.A.C.E. yall...
Maccabee Ridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #4
crds
ADEPT

Why are there 2 threads about this album?
Old 09-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
crds
ADEPT

There is already a thread for this album Maccabee Ridah
Old 09-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #6
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Maccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkey

^^ Sorry man, seemz we opened it in a same time..

Modz, please delete this one!!

P.E.A.C.E.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #7
crds
ADEPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee Ridah View Post
^^ Sorry man, seemz we opened it in a same time..

Modz, please delete this one!!

P.E.A.C.E.
It's all good fam
Old 09-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Merged.

Mac, there is an archive stickied at the top of this forum, have a look at it when you're thinking of starting a thread.

Peace.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:23 AM   #9
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
Merged.

Mac, there is an archive stickied at the top of this forum, have a look at it when you're thinking of starting a thread.

Peace.
Know that, but there wasn't any of EPMD albums...

I always check it!!

P.E.A.C.E.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #10
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

I'm not huge on EPMD but I really enjoy this release. The short length works better for them unlike the extended monotony that "Unfinished Business" and "Business As Usual" are oftentimes.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

What difference does it make how many songs are on the album? All that matters is if the album is good or not. They got a lot of songs on Back In Business and Business As Usual and those albums are good.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #12
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
What difference does it make how many songs are on the album? All that matters is if the album is good or not. They got a lot of songs on Back In Business and Business As Usual and those albums are good.
That's the thing, a part of an album's quality is hinging on how many songs there are. Let me ask you Charles, Would you prefer a 40 minute album with all great songs or would you rather have a 65 minute album with 30% average tracks that are boring? See what I'm saying? Business As Usual gets boring and is too long. You look at the first 4 or 5 tracks and they are AWESOME. After that, it gets boring and PMD and Erick just talk the same repetitive shit with no real twists or surprises.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #13
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Like i said it doesn't matter to me how many songs are on a album. I take that back because i was mad that Nas Illmatic album only has 9 songs. I like that album a lot and i wish he would've had more songs on it but i'm not complaining because it's a classic. Business As Usual isn't boring. Most rappers talk about the same stuff. That doesn't make a album boring.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #14
KJR
Master Ninja

So you're telling me an album like Illmatic would be better if it had more songs and was longer without regard for the possible quality of those tracks and the weight they hold with them?

So for you Quantity > Quality?

And yeah, when you're talking about the same shit on EVERY song and it's simplistic ass shit, it gets boring. It's the same deal with Gang Starr's "Daily Operation". The only way to save an album with repetitive subject matter is to add dynamics to the formula, whether that dynamic comes with song structure, choruses, or production. "Daily Operation" and "Business As Usual", despite having good production, has no dynamics and as a result are boring.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #15
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

You really are nuts if you think Gang Starr's Daily Operation is boring hahahahahahahahahahahaha. That album is classic and Guru's lyrics are good. Rappers talking about the same stuff isn't boring to me. Have you listened to Gang Starr's Conspiracy song on Daily Operation? Guru talks about racism on the song and he speaks the truth. I miss Guru. So sad he's gone.