news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS ALBUM
CLASSIC 1 7.14%
BANGER 8 57.14%
DOPE 1 7.14%
AVERAGE 2 14.29%
WEAK (OR AS I FEEL UNLISTENABLE) 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Killah Priest & Chief Kamachi-Beautiful Minds

Killah Priest & Chief Kamachi - Beautiful Minds (2008)

01: Beautiful Minds
02: All Hail
03: Closest
04: Reflections
05: Illest (feat. Planet Asia & DJ Rhettmatic)
06: Most High
07: Time Out Revisited
08: Don't Waste Your Lungs
09: All Been Buried
10: Blessing
11: See Clearly
12: Scrolls

When it comes to lyricism at it upmost finest allot a names come to mind but none ring more bells in recent years than Wu-Tang affiliate Killah Priest and Army of The Pharaohs core member Chief Kamachi together these two have beautiful chemistry wit sick lyrics. Not allot of rappers in today’s game are in the shape these two are in lyrically when it comes to dropping classics Killah Priest tops them wit multiple classic albums such as “Heavy Mental”, “The Offering” and “Behind The Stained Glass” and Chief Kamachi isn’t no slouch either with “Concrete Gospel” and collaborative album with his crew The JuJu Mob and their effort “Black Candles” both rappers have allot of skill and it shows in their past efforts.

With both catalogues a side Priest and Kamachi rip this album from Front to Back cover I was amazed wit the depth of concepts and lyricism they both brought to the table on the opening track “Beautiful Minds” even so their game has no cramps in it. This album reminds me of when both Jordan and Pippen were on the Bulls during the ‘90s running things in the NBA and these two do the same in the underground from two different camps. Both their styles mesh well over ill production on "Beautiful Minds" which happens to be handled by Tekneek , E. Dan C Sik, Dev Rocka, Diamond Legit, Emonex and others. Most of the tracks on the album create a consistent mood of the album being dark, gloomy yet has a sneering glare in the album on tracks like “Reflections” (both shedding light on their come up in the rap game) to ill lyrical slaughter on “Illest” in which they bring some assistance which really isn’t needed but adds a nice touch wit Planet Asia who gives a riveting verse.

Every track on this album bangs and has glimpses and flashes of greatness that is reminiscent to Priest’s “The Offering” with the varied yet consistent production and this album is in that vein. The hardest thing to say about this album is that it’s short which is most likely great due to it’s so heavy lyrically any longer you’ll prolly get a headache trying to take all that knowledge and great wisdom in. Overall I’m going to give this album an 4.5 and time will tell when this is a classic but in any foresight it already is a classic from the golden aura it shows. Hopefully this won’t be the last of a great album from these two lyrical giants whom I most say I was skeptical of how their chemistry would work but between these two anything is possible and this is spirit of what hip hop is hard knock beats and punch you in your mouth lyrics.

Overall Review: 4.5 out of 5 Stars

NON IGNORANT...

Last edited by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS; 09-19-2008 at 09:50 PM.
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
Guarded By Martyrs
AllTheWorldWillBeYourNME

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Damn...already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

this is out already??? damn im slacking off son....
Old 09-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
Guarded By Martyrs
AllTheWorldWillBeYourNME

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^Thats what I thought...hahahaha

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

shit is fire

NON IGNORANT...

Old 09-19-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

*edit: listening to this now.....

Last edited by the silencer; 09-19-2008 at 09:00 PM.
the silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #7
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
*edit: listening to this now.....
your welcome

NON IGNORANT...

Old 09-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
infamous2702
Son of the Egyptian Blood

infamous2702 sitting duck
Send a message via AIM to infamous2702

Great Chemistry!
infamous2702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #9
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

I listened to this one twice. Kind of boring, Priest is not at good shape on here, he's like 50/50. Kamachi spitting heat, beats are real dry. I'mma give it 3 more spins...
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:58 PM   #10
FasterBlade
Veteran Member

FasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venoms

beats are awful, Priest sounds bored. hes spreading himself too thin

worst Wu related release in a while, i hate the production that much. it gets a 1
Old 09-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #11
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

there's a few bangers..

a couple joints where Priest really impressed me but overall I wasn't amazed really...

nothing that's really BAD i would say but alotta beats I wasn't into and the choruses are really annoying...
Old 09-21-2008, 08:16 PM   #12
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterBlade View Post
beats are awful, Priest sounds bored. hes spreading himself too thin

worst Wu related release in a while, i hate the production that much. it gets a 1
Is it too dark for your tastes. i love the albums moody beats i think this album isn't for everybody

NON IGNORANT...

Old 09-22-2008, 05:05 AM   #13
Gravedigga_nigga
rzarected

Gravedigga_nigga crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
Is it too dark for your tastes. i love the albums moody beats i think this album isn't for everybody
Exactly, it's Killah Priest and Chief Kamachi, it's not for everybody
Old 09-22-2008, 08:26 AM   #14
famenchuan
Wu Vatican

famenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkey

can someone post some tracks. I'm not going to buy something that I'm not going to listen to.
famenchuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:44 AM   #15
FasterBlade
Veteran Member

FasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venoms

wouldnt even call the beats that dark, really. they just arent good