news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 10-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
Vikthor

Vikthor iron monkeyVikthor iron monkeyVikthor iron monkeyVikthor iron monkeyVikthor iron monkey
Default de la's 3 feet high is the greatest hiphop album created by man

im sure you figure ive been recently listening to the album which is why im so quick to kiss its ass and write all about it.. but, even now... after what damn near 20 years??? i can still bust this shit out and play it and motherfucking enjoy it to hell... which i cant say about much hiphop albums from the late 80's.. i mean i can appreciate the run dmcs krs1s PE's nwa ll cool j etc etc but they still to me sound dated and low quality (excluding ericb rakim albums)

personally i prefer de la soul is dead...
thats my favorite de la album....
nevertheless 3ft is a magnificent work of art and i dont think even you can deny its greatness but i'd still like to hear your opinion
Old 10-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #2
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

nah man

BTW

they stole one of my beats and put it on that album
Old 10-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #3
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

What exactly do you mean by 'stole'?

Anyway, really like it, got me into De La and has some of the most enjoyable hip hop on it.

Tread Water, Change in Speak, Eye Know, Magic Number, Say No Go, Me Myself and I.

All classic.

And the skits are great.

The intro's great, haha at the guy from Australia.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

De La Soul is Dead is their best for sure.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah, took me a while to get into though personally.

But after that i considered it a classic.

I remember cracking open the album when i first got it and reading the comic while i listened to it.

Nostalgia.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
Sgt Holly Wood
armynavyairforcemarines

Sgt Holly Wood drunken mastaSgt Holly Wood drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to Sgt Holly Wood

nah my fave de la is "stakes is high"
Sgt Holly Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:52 AM   #7
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

De La Soul is a great group and "3 Feet High & Rising" is a classic but it's nowhere near greatest hip-hop album ever for me. My favorite De La album is "Buhloone Mind State"; I love the way Prince Paul and De La flipped the style for that one. that long instrumental track with the saxophones is incredible and "I Am, I Be" is another favorite. classic material!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:36 AM   #8
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I agree with threadstarter.

"36 Chambers", "Nation of Millions", "Paid in Full", "Illmatic", "Ready to Die", "Me Against the World" and "Death Certificate" are all work of Allah.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:42 AM   #9
Vikthor

Vikthor iron monkeyVikthor iron monkeyVikthor iron monkeyVikthor iron monkeyVikthor iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
What exactly do you mean by 'stole'?

Anyway, really like it, got me into De La and has some of the most enjoyable hip hop on it.

Tread Water, Change in Speak, Eye Know, Magic Number, Say No Go, Me Myself and I.

All classic.

And the skits are great.

The intro's great, haha at the guy from Australia.
yep yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
De La Soul is Dead is their best for sure.
so is that your 'greatest hiphop album of all time'?
not necessarily your most favorite album but what you consider the 'greatest rap album'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeant steels View Post
nah my fave de la is "stakes is high"
awwwwwwwwwwwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
I agree with threadstarter.

"36 Chambers", "Nation of Millions", "Paid in Full", "Illmatic", "Ready to Die", "Me Against the World" and "Death Certificate" are all work of Allah.
i agree with all those minus me against the world and death certificate add whut thee album and maybe low end theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
De La Soul is a great group and "3 Feet High & Rising" is a classic but it's nowhere near greatest hip-hop album ever for me. My favorite De La album is "Buhloone Mind State"; I love the way Prince Paul and De La flipped the style for that one. that long instrumental track with the saxophones is incredible and "I Am, I Be" is another favorite. classic material!
yea it had some great tracks but then.. what IS your 'greatest of all time' again not your favorite but what you consider GREAT? i know its hard to choose but humor me *hopes 36chambers isnt anyones response*