news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground

View Poll Results: New Metal Gear?
I want a direct follow up to MG4 1 11.11%
I want a remake of the first two games 3 33.33%
I want a MG spin off featuring a different character 4 44.44%
Im done with Metal Gear 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default As Far As Hideo Kojima Is Concerned, Meta Gear Is Over...

But do you want to see another one?

Here's the thing, after completing the amazing Metal Gear 4 I was left fully satisfied with how the game ended both in gameplay and especially in story. But the truth is I just don't want this series to end, not yet anyway.

As far as creator Hideo Kojima is concerned he seems to be done with the series. I know that there has already been word of another Metal Gear game in the planning stages but Kojima won't serve as a writer/director on it so you have to ask is that really the right way to go?

I think imo a good route to take would be to remake the first two Metal Gear games that came out way back in the day, that way us fans could get the complete story the way it should be from beginning to end.

Another idea would be to follow on from Metal Gear 4 with either a spin off or as a direct continuation.

So what do people think?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:48 AM   #2
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

in the other thread i mentioned that they should make a Gray Fox game, or atleast remake the first MG games.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:36 AM   #3
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

A game based around Grey Fox? thats a good idea, I hadn't thought of that.

Method Man
Old 10-09-2008, 06:49 AM   #4
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to shaolinsword

I wouldn't mind having a remake of the games that were released before the one on the PS but other than that I don't think they should touch the series, it's classic enough as it is. I don't want it turning into another FFVII
Old 10-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #5
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

RagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killa

is sad that Kojima is not going to direct another MGS game but what we can do he wants to do different thing he didn't want to spend his entire life on MGS alone i understand that all we can say is thanks to him for giving us such a masterful series
but i have no problem with somebody else doing the series beside MGS Ops is directed by Masahiro Yamamoto, Kojima was the producer of that game and its turn out to be a great game one of the best of the series right along with MGS and MGS3 the story is amazing and emotional with some nice twist like Snake Eater (they actually let you know the first members of the patriots are)

first thing they should go for is the remake of the first 2 maybe there they can make a chapter for Gray Fox remember he was the first one send to the mission they could do something similar to MGS 2 with the Tank & Plant missions

then do some spin off with new or other characters

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life
RagnaroK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #6
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

basically, i dont wanna see any new Solid Snake adventures.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #7
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Did anyone else think the character of Jonny (Akiba) may have been set up to be the future Snake seeing as he kind of looked like him?

Method Man
Old 10-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #8
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

RagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killa

May God forbid that he is a useless character actually all the scene he is in are stupid and unnecessary to the game

Raiden is cool so he is the best choice for now

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life
RagnaroK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #9
Mr. X
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Mr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal son

I doubt they'll remake Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. They put em on MGS3: Subsistence and I think that's the closest thing to a remake we'll get of those. If I ever get a PSP, I'll pick up Portable Ops though.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #10
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

Yeah, I'd like a remake of the first two. But as far as new games, I'd like a spin-off with a new character, the next generation of FOXHOUND (can't remember if that's the appropriate FOX name)
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #11
Mr. X
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Mr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal sonMr. X prodigal son

Whatever happened to that MGS Ocelot game?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #12
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to KZA

Metal Gear SOLID is over. I want him to go back to Zone of the Enders.

KZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:54 PM   #13
Mr. X
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

ZoE3 is confirmed to be made, but there's a mean joke going around saying it's for the Wii.

I wouldn't mind a metal gear novel or something to fill in the events that they want to touch up on.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #14
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

id mind^^ alot..lmao

atleast release a PSP game thats part of the actual canon like Portable ops.

fuck, id even go with a 8bit, like megaman 9...LMAO...but seriously.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #15
Tage
John W. Henry

Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

OBVIOUSLY no follow up to MGS4... hes too old...

I would love a remake of the original psx game... or maybe an Akiba or Grey Fox spin-off...

Guns of the Patriots was an EPIC game, and its a good end point for the series.